Latif calls ban for Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bell might not have realised that the ball had touched the ground. He thought he had taken it clean and then appealed. Thats what I think, Ian Bell is not a cheat.

One difference between Afridi and Bell is that Bell might not of known it touched the ground. Afridi knew he was doing it deliberatly.

themuel1 said:
Shut up. Why shouldn't Petersen say anything? Or are you thinking that because you think he said something racist? How come you can say stuff about Bell, but as soon as we say something about an Asian player, its racist.

How exactly can you prove Bell didn't know he had dropped the ball?
Read my post again and tell me exactly where I said that Pietersen made racist comments. Better yet, tell me when I have EVER made a post in such a manner. Read my post again and tell me where I said anything that favored either one of the players. Did I take Afridi's side? Hell no. Instead I called him an idiot and/or cheat. What did I call Bell? Anything? No? That's right, I didn't say anything bad about Bell except that IMO he knew he dropped it and that I'd like to see him get a ban as well.

So turn your brain on and try reading my post again without thinking of "US" and "THEM", and you'll find it was pretty damn neutral.

As for Pietersen, I still say he should keep his anger under control and let the umpires do the scolding, that is what they get paid for.

If I were Pietersen I would have reacted in the same way. What Afridi did was absolutely shameful, and could decide this match and hence this series. Imo he should not be allowed to participate in this match as well.

Indiangod said:
Bell might not have realised that the ball had touched the ground. He thought he had taken it clean and then appealed. Thats what I think, Ian Bell is not a cheat.
Especially as he can't give the batsman out, something so many users on here aren't thinking about.

It has more to do with common sense than reading people's mind. I think the "might" in Bell's case clearly indicates his point.

yeh .. OK bell did not cheat .... k but this thread doesnt deal with afridi ban or Pietersen comments ...

m_vaughan said:
Imo he should not be allowed to participate in this match as well.
You're just saying that because you know he'll hurt England more :p (legally that is). The three match ban he's got is pretty fair and should keep him and other cricketers around the world from doing something so stupid again.

What? No it's not. He has deliberately tampered with the pitch to give an advantage to their spinners. A 6 month ban from all cricket imo. (would be saying the same if he was English aswell).

Sureshot said:
What? No it's not. He has deliberately tampered with the pitch to give an advantage to their spinners. A 6 month ban from all cricket imo. (would be saying the same if he was English aswell).

6 Months?, thats a bit harsh, I would say Afridi not to participate in the rest of the series including the odi's.

Indiangod said:
6 Months?, thats a bit harsh, I would say Afridi not to participate in the rest of the series including the odi's.
I'd rather see that than 6 month ban. Even Warne got only a year for that thing he did. Still, I'd say what Afridi got was fair enough, today's umpires are usually more lenient than that, so I'm glad they're taking this seriously. I'm just gutted that it had to be a Pakistani who did this.

P.S: May I make a suggestion? Do we really need this thread? This could be discussed in the England in Pakistan thread, couldn't it?

nightprowler10 said:
P.S: May I make a suggestion? Do we really need this thread? This could be discussed in the England in Pakistan thread, couldn't it?

Yeah I was thinking that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread