Post Line-ups Legends At Battle XII | Pre-season - Ready for action?

Your squad has been updated in the index. Do tell me if you want any changes to be made. Everyone present in this list is eligible except George Headley, Clive Lloyd and Robert Christiani.

And if it helps, the players in your squad have been assembled according to their primary batting positions i.e openers at the very top, top order just below them, middle-order below the top-order ones and so on right till we reach the tailenders at the bottom. I've done the same for everybody. Putting players in their preferred batting positions is of the utmost importance if you want your team to fare well in a Test/FC tournament like this.

legent2.png

:ar: WG Grace
:bat: Archie MacLaren
:bat: Victor Trumper

:bat: Clem Hill
:wkb: Billy Murdoch
:bat: KS Ranjitsinhji
:bat: Arthur Shrewsbury
:bat: Andrew Stoddart

:ar: Billy Barnes
:ar: Billy Bates
:wk: Jack Blackham
:ar: Johnny Briggs
:ar: Bart King
:ar: Bobby Peel

:bwl: JJ Ferris
:bwl: George Lohmann
:bwl: Fred Spofforth
:bwl: Charlie Turner​

I tried to roughly do @VC the slogger's thing with the player lists. The divides roughly correspond to openers, 3-5, 6-8, 9-11. I decided to restrict myself only to players who've played Test cricket. It was a real grind to let Charles Bannerman go, but being first doesn't necessarily mean being best. A useful thing about the old amateurs is how versatile they are in terms of batting positions - it's only really Grace and Ranji who stuck to one position.

Last edited:
I decided to restrict myself only to players who've played Test cricket.

Bart King should still be in that XVIII. He was better than most of the Test players of that time.

Also, I reckon one of Clem Hill or Monty Noble (or both) might come in very handy for your team.

Bart King should still be in that XVIII. He was better than most of the Test players of that time.

Also, I reckon one of Clem Hill or Monty Noble (or both) might come in very handy for your team.

Hill and Noble were both at their best after the turn of the twentieth century. I'm tempted by Bart King, though - I'll look at which of the Test players I'd be most likely to drop.

EDIT - I've axed Ulyett and Giffen. I didn't really need their bowling anyway, and their batting wasn't quite cutting the mustard.

Last edited:
Your squad has been updated in the index. Do tell me if you want any changes to be made. Everyone present in this list is eligible except George Headley, Clive Lloyd and Robert Christiani.

And if it helps, the players in your squad have been assembled according to their primary batting positions i.e openers at the very top, top order just below them, middle-order below the top-order ones and so on right till we reach the tailenders at the bottom. I've done the same for everybody. Putting players in their preferred batting positions is of the utmost importance if you want your team to fare well in a Test/FC tournament like this.
Want to replace Jeffrey stollmeyer with Basil butcher

Ohhh...I forgot that the players position matters.....

Now ....dont change...leave it

Thanks.
Butcher was an amazing batsman. It will be a shame if you miss out on him when you could afford to have him. Denis Atkinson was more of a half bat and half bowler. You have Smith, Sobers and Worrell to cover that front up. I strongly recommend you to get Butcher in for Atkinson.

Butcher was an amazing batsman. It will be a shame if you miss out on him when you could afford to have him. Denis Atkinson was more of a half bat and half bowler. You have Smith, Sobers and Worrell to cover that front up. I strongly recommend you to get Butcher in for Atkinson.

Thanks @Samuels

One change butcher IN Denis atkinson Out...

Thanks @Samuels

One change butcher IN Denis atkinson Out...

Accepted.

Judging by his figures, he was a pretty decent leggie too. Would have come in more handy in the current era than the one he played in when WI had a plethora of spin legends.

lab1_zpse6171cad.png

The teams will be separated into two groups of six each because I can't do a whole 12-round thingy, I really can't. The top two from each shall qualify for a set of playoffs which lead up to the finals.

Group A: Australia C (1974-1979), West Indies A (1976-1985), South Africa A (1969-1976), Pakistan (1984-1992), New Zealand (1984-1992), West Indies B (1954-1966)
Group B: Australia B (1948), Australia A (1999-2004), West Indies C (1992-1998), South Africa B (2006-2013), Legends XI (1877-1899), India (2002-2010)

Fixtures

Warm-ups

Australia C v ROTW Legends at Perth
West Indies A v West Indies C at Jamaica
South Africa A v South Africa B at Johannesburg
Pakistan v All Stars XI at Lahore
New Zealand v Australia B at Auckland
Legends XI v West Indies B at Lord's
Australia A v All Stars XI at The MCG
India v Sri Lanka at Delhi

Round 1

Australia C v West Indies B at Perth