Post Line-ups Legends At Battle XII | Pre-season - Ready for action?

I've a great squad as well but I choose not to do any buttering. :lol My players' performance would speak for themselves. :)

Also, Pakistan have great players yes but, if you say you have a great squad, I disagree there. Imran Khan, Javed Miandad, Zaheer Abbas, The two Ws, Inzy, only these players stand out for me tbh. Compare those to the WI squad I put up, every name there stands out!

I'm already excited! Let's take this verbal argument further and add some spice and anticipation to this competition. :D

Ha ha. Yes you have good squad but not all of them are brilliant on your side too. You can no way say the likes of Hanif Mohd. who had a long time record of scoring 499 in a FC game and the record of batting for the highest time in a test innings (which is still intact) is not an outstanding player. Also, Qadir and Fazal (touted as the first world class bowler from Asia) were brilliant players. No doubt you have some world class players but then performance speaks louder than words.

Wow ^ You Should Take Part In This League :thumbs

He is a Zimbabwe fan and has good knowledge of the country's cricket which made me recommend this league to him.

By the way, great looking squad, Benjamin. Campbell, the two Andys and Heath were my favorites during their playing days. However, I'm surprised not to see Guy Withal in the list.

Can You Tell Me Why Please.I Wan to manage South Africa Please.If Not Tell Me Why?

Alright the answer is because South Africa is one of the toughest teams to manage here and the legend selection is also not easy.You are new in the leagues section so I'd prefer to give you SL where the player selection is much easier and if you select a good squad that team can do wonders here.If you still want to manage SA then PM me a good SA squad by which I can judge whether you will be able to properly manage it or not.:thumbs

Zimbabwe:

batps.png
Alistair Campbell
batps.png
Stuart Carlisle
batps.png
Andy Flower
batps.png
Grant Flower
batps.png
Murray Goodwin
scaled.php
Dave Houghton
2qan0d4.png
Hamilton Masakadza
scaled.php
Brendan Taylor
2qan0d4.png
Guy Whittall

WK.png
Tatenda Taibu

2qan0d4.png
Andy Blignaut
2qan0d4.png
Sean Ervine
2qan0d4.png
Paul Strang
2qan0d4.png
Heath Streak (c)

bwl.png
Douglas Hondo
bwl.png
Henry Olonga
bwl.png
Ray Price
bwl.png
Bryan Strang

One change to the previous squad I posted: Douglas Hondo instead of Blessing Mahwire. Heath Streak is an obvious captain. Hopefully we can be competitive. :)

Edit: I've added Guy Whittall in place of Douglas Marillier

Last edited:
The greatest all rounder in Garry Sobers, who can bowl left arm pacers, left arm orthodox or chinaman, depending on the situation and a great fielder​

I have an idea.While posting your lineup you can also say what you want Sir Garry to bowl.The four choices are: Left Arm Fast Medium,Left Arm Medium,Slow Left Arm Orthodox and Slow Left Arm Chinaman​

I've noticed that pretty much all of Zimbabwe's teams throughout their history, have had batsmen that at one point or another have been wicket-keepers. It's still happening in the current team. :)

Come On I Want To Manage Aus Alone And I Think El Loco Is Busy

South Africa -
Batsman -

Greame Smith
Herschelle Gibbs
David Pithey
Jacques Rudolph
Ken Funston
Hashim Amla
JP Duminy
Wicket Keepers -

AB de Villiers(wk)
All Rounders -

Jacques Kallis
Johan Botha
Atholl Mckinnon
Ryan Mclaren
Greame Pollock
Bowlers -

Vernon Philander
Dale Steyn
Morne Morkel
Shaun Pollock
Allan Donald

Come On I Want To Manage Aus Alone And I Think El Loco Is Busy

See mate,I've assigned the teams and managers and some teams have two managers so its best if you co-operate and do teamwork without fuss:thumbs.And yes if he's busy then he'll surely inform either here or in the Announcements thread.

I have an idea.While posting your lineup you can also say what you want Sir Garry to bowl.The four choices are: Left Arm Fast Medium,Left Arm Medium,Slow Left Arm Orthodox and Slow Left Arm Chinaman
Yeah, I will need his spin mostly as I've the pace covered (more than actually).

Nice squad for Zimbabwe. Will really be following them as well in this league. Always loved watching Flower brothers bat. Saw a bit of Blignaut, was very impressed!

Users who are viewing this thread