Let it rain!

Nope, There is no crack available for Far Cry Primal yet so I think Denuvo is strong.
Well you're wrong because there is one. I'm obviously not linking it but it's there.

Perhaps going slightly off-topic. But the delay in having patches available on Consoles is not only due to the approval times. Now I am no console developer, but I do know there is a cost associated with submission of patches that Sony (and perhaps MS also) charge the developers. So the delay and apparently lesser number of patches on Consoles is mainly because it costs BA money compared to Steam where patches can be uploaded free and there is no approval process involved.

From a quick Google search, I don't think Microsoft/Sony charge independent developers for patches, or at least the first couple of title updates. Apparently, it was scrapped as it was unfeasible for smaller developers whose business plans rely on small development costs. They do charge companies who produce 'AAA' games supposedly. I'm sure someone with more knowledge can correct me if I'm wrong...

As of January 1st 2017 patches are not charged for on Console. The process still costs a lot of staff time though, thousands of test cases (batteries dead, correct message, handling of controller removal/addition events, etc., etc.) and take a days to run through, restarting whenever errors are found and corrected. These test cases need to be run through every time. You can fail on things such as simple as a controller not having the correctly sized buttons in an image.

As of January 1st 2017 patches are not charged for on Console. The process still costs a lot of staff time though, thousands of test cases (batteries dead, correct message, handling of controller removal/addition events, etc., etc.) and take a days to run through, restarting whenever errors are found and corrected. These test cases need to be run through every time. You can fail on things such as simple as a controller not having the correctly sized buttons in an image.

Are you able to tell us whether a patch has been submitted or if not, how far along it is? Hoping to get my hands on it before the holidays end!

Are you able to tell us whether a patch has been submitted or if not, how far along it is? Hoping to get my hands on it before the holidays end!

Submissions are in, however, I can't say how long things will take, we could fail submission and have to restart the process.

Submissions are in, however, I can't say how long things will take, we could fail submission and have to restart the process.
Seems like we have to wait another month no way that's to long having game after one week didn't even touch the game every time came to forum check for patch 3

All the things that bring joy in life!

There's always toboo subjects.

See we said so, lot's of hard work and dedication. I know one thing I wouldn't swap jobs.

Ross did you got my email? Sorry.

Ross, personally I would've preferred you iron out the PC platform errors/issues and then roll out a mega patch that covers all the fixes & enhancements in a single mega patch. That way you don't have to spend more on the patches and console owners get a great gaming experience once the patch is pushed out.

Since you are already in the process of pushing out a patch, is there a plan to roll out another patch in the future with remaining issues & enhancements (e.g., field sets) which may not be covered in the patch that's currently under way?

Seems like we have to wait another month no way that's to long having game after one week didn't even touch the game every time came to forum check for patch 3
Well you've just pulled a random timeframe out your arse. Its as likely to be out tomorrow as it is to take a month. My best guess is give it a week, if its not out then, give it another week.

Ross, personally I would've preferred you iron out the PC platform errors/issues and then roll out a mega patch that covers all the fixes & enhancements in a single mega patch. That way you don't have to spend more on the patches and console owners get a great gaming experience once the patch is pushed out.

Since you are already in the process of pushing out a patch, is there a plan to roll out another patch in the future with remaining issues & enhancements (e.g., field sets) which may not be covered in the patch that's currently under way?
I'd pretty much guess so as we're due the second major post release patch just a month into the game's lifecycle. Hopefully from patch 3 the further patches will be minor fixes and possibly some more luxury additions as we saw in DBC 14

Ross did state above that as of January 1st there are not charges any longer for console patches, but that there are a lot of other issues during submission which can delay their release. I'd imagine that means that the situation is financially the same as pushing PC patches, but procedurally with the submissions process, it's still as potentially long a road as it was for approval.

Would hope this means that additional PC fixes will be able to come to console as they come to PC, but just a bit more of a wait.

Users who are viewing this thread