Limiting Piracy of Cricket Games

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A random thought. Are we on for an exclusive sub-forum for only legal buyers of games? The only problem might be validation of the purchase, but I'm sure something can be worked out, right?

Also with this site getting so many visitors from across the world, I think that those not being able to access the forum would be very curious and might end up getting a legal copy out of curiosity. Just saying....

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ok. When you look at it that way, my post may seem offending to some. I apologize if it did.

It's such a delicate topic that it sometimes become hard to convey the exact point :(

Crossy333

County Cricketer
Pls it is my humble request read through my post and understand.I'm against piracy/.

Perhaps so - I'll take you on your word. However, you can't advocate a cheaper unrealistic price point solely because the Indian government won't do anything about piracy.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The limiting factor on what price they can set in any country, as in the lower limit factor, is to price it somewhat in line with other countries. If I can buy the game for $30 in India, where it costs me $80 in Australia.. chances are I'll fork out the $10 postage and wait a week to save the money (I wouldn't, as I have flexibility with my finances).

Just checked.. you're suggesting they mark DBC'14 at 500 Rupee? That's less than $10 Australian. For some reason I'm REALLY offended by that suggestion. :facepalm

I know that people do not have much of a disposable income in India, certainly in a lot of countries. However, in simplest of terms, if you cannot afford something, then you can't have it. Just because I want a Ferrari doesn't mean I beg to the Boss of Ferrari and ask him to release the 458 in Australia for $20,000. I don't need a Ferrari in order to live, the price can be set at the price the company needs to sell it for to offset the costs associated with making the profit, appease their stakeholders/shareholders and to ensure future production of more products.

Super Cricketer

Club Cricketer
The limiting factor on what price they can set in any country, as in the lower limit factor, is to price it somewhat in line with other countries. If I can buy the game for $30 in India, where it costs me $80 in Australia.. chances are I'll fork out the $10 postage and wait a week to save the money (I wouldn't, as I have flexibility with my finances).

Just checked.. you're suggesting they mark DBC'14 at 500 Rupee? That's less than $10 Australian. For some reason I'm REALLY offended by that suggestion. :facepalm

I know that people do not have much of a disposable income in India, certainly in a lot of countries. However, in simplest of terms, if you cannot afford something, then you can't have it. Just because I want a Ferrari doesn't mean I beg to the Boss of Ferrari and ask him to release the 458 in Australia for $20,000. I don't need a Ferrari in order to live, the price can be set at the price the company needs to sell it for to offset the costs associated with making the profit, appease their stakeholders/shareholders and to ensure future production of more products.
That's why games were pirated.Sorry the things are cheaper in $.Like If i buy a Laptop in India in 1000$ then it will cost me in america like 800$.That's the difference.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
That's why games were pirated.Sorry the things are cheaper in $.Like If i buy a Laptop in India in 1000$ then it will cost me in america like 800$.That's the difference.

Sometimes. But the idea that you should sell something worth $100 for $20 because that's what the given market can afford to pay is ridiculous... and theft is theft.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
People pirate $0.99 apps, it's not all about price.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
If I make soup, and the ingredients and delivery cost me $0.50, would you think it made good sense to sell it for $0.20 in areas where that was the price they were prepared to pay for it, costing me $0.30 per person?

Or would it make more sense for me to just sell it in the places people will buy it for $1?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If I make soup, and the ingredients and delivery cost me $0.50, would you think it made good sense to sell it for $0.20 in areas where that was the price they were prepared to pay for it, costing me $0.30 per person?

Or would it make more sense for me to just sell it in the places people will buy it for $1?

I agree.

Especially if then those people didn't eat the soup they instead sold it for $0.50 to the places where you normally do sell it for $1

India has been a big challenge, hopefully it will work out and this won't be the last time we sell there.

grkrama

National Board President
Best solution get SRT to endorse your game then make him rant about piracy in tv commercials, atleast half that pirate will buy the game for SRT's sake, thats the only solution i think that can work.

Users who are viewing this thread