Live Cricket 2008-2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Gilly Fan: Thanks :) Sadly I'm not a pixel artist so I need to stick to small sprites :P I *am* trying to improve them though. If anyone can help in this regard it'll be much appreciated.

Sounds great Kurt. I think I remember the old thread you used to have about this game (perhaps it was Live Cricket 2007 back then) but I used to love reading through the updates (strange, huh) and looking at all the cool features you were implementing - you were taking leaps and bounds then.

Anyway, I think I still have a copy of Live Cricket that I downloaded from you ages ago - it was a fun little game. Glad to see this still going, keep up the good work mate. ;)

Just had another idea: I'm going to introduce a manager game mode, which is strictly simulation and the player will be able to set fields, choose batting/bowling orders, set aggression levels, etc. and let the computer play out a match. The base exists, I just need to add the user interfaces. Hopefully it'll be something similar to what ICC does...

@blake: Thanks for the kind words! I'm indeed trying to make it as realistic as possible. It's getting there. Just a few more things to fix up and I can start working on the "meat" of the game and editors :)

@Gilly_Fan: I'll check with legend_master but it'll be a lot more complicated for the 3D version. If I can help, I will though :)

It's pretty awesome watching a fielder run after a lofted ball, dive after it and knock it on, over the boundary :) Almost as cool as watching the keeper dive for an inside edge and snaffle the catch :P

Another small update:

* fielding is pretty much 100% complete and working
* working on the management mode now (will be similar to ICC's but more in-depth)

Cheers
KK

Do you intend for this to be more of a management style game. or do you still want graphical play to be the goal, even if it is in 2d?

@pal: Good question, I'm actually aiming for a trifecta: action/arcade, management and simulation. chances are good there will be 2 packages: a simulation and an actual game. hope that answers your question :)

KK

Another minor update:

* fixed field placement editor
* added basic management mode
* fixed minor bugs
* added different control schemes

KK

Mmm, was just wondering now. These are the current features for management mode:

BATTING

- a button appears above the batsman's head which links to the batting management screen
- options on the management screen:

* batting aggression
* running aggression
+ can see how settled batsman is
+ can see how tired batsman is

BOWLING

* bowling aggression (determines how much effort he/she puts into bowling)
* variation (determines how much variation he/she tries)
+ can see how focused/confident the bowler is
+ can see how tired the bowler is

GENERAL MANAGEMENT

* auto select bowling lineup
* auto select batting lineup
* make decisions automatically (taking new ball, declaring, powerplays, etc.)
* fielding aggression

Does this seem like sufficient options? Should there be more?

Cheers
KK

@ZoraxDoom: The pitch condition gets updated in real-time, so you'll see the footmarks appear as the test match is played...by conditions do you mean the weather?

Yea. Wind, overcast or not, etc.

I really should download this again! Can you post a link to the latest version?

BOWLING

* bowling aggression (determines how much effort he/she puts into bowling)
* variation (determines how much variation he/she tries)
+ can see how focused/confident the bowler is
+ can see how tired the bowler is

For the variation thing, is it like a single meter which decides the amount of variation or will the player be able to actively determine the bowler's variation? For example, in ICC, the manager has the option to select what stump the bowler bowls to and what part of the pitch (short, full, etc.) to bowl on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread