London Explosions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This topic is about the London Bombings.

Most people are against the terrorists that support thiese bombings, yet some, like Bharat, support them, and have no problem with the taking of innocent life.

sachin said:
Are you guys finished?You are going off topic, 'London Bombings' isn't the Iraq war or Morales in general.I think we should discuss policies that may be reactions to the London Bombings.

I'm willing to finish.

About policies...or I an say mind set of people.The might start to feel anti muslim.

"bbc-Suspected bomber Yasin Hassan Omar has been arrested by police in Birmingham investigating the failed 21 July attacks in London."

I heard today that one of the london bombers was arrested today i was wondering, if found guilty what punishment would be given. Surely it would be wrong to simply put him in prison where he could still be a threat. Moreover, i am not 100% sure but the crime of treason still carries the death penalty in Great Britain. Therefore do you think he could be executed for treason. Since Treason is to " undermine the offender's government" or "disloyalty by virtue of subversive behavior, an act of deliberate betrayal" and this is exactly what he and the other bombers did, do you think that death could be a real possibilty. Furhtermore i heard that one of the bombers reacently was given a passport and to do so had to swear allegance to the queen, surely this therefore is an act of treason.

Personly myself i believe that putting the offender in prison would be wrong however to execute someone in the era we live in seems crude and immoral, however in this day in age youe wouldn't expect people to set of bombs deliberatly aimed to kill and harm innocent people, therefore some punishment is required to try and stop these people being a threat.

Imprison him for a long time. The death penalty just brings us down to the level of the terrorists.

The death penalty for treason was abolished in the UK in 1998.

Value of life,

In india These sort of bombings take place every day no one cares about it,Because perhaps those people who are getting killed isnt English neither they are from united states They are Indians who are being killed and their voice isnt being heard anywhere,

Only 55 people died in london and look at the media you look at india 100000s of people died no one did anything no one searched for the suspects no one did anything

I am not trying to mean,but

English usa value their lifes more then indians etc it is almost like people who are dying in india isnt humans.

No need to look at India, just look at Egypt, which also experienced terrorist attacks and compare the level of attention given to the casualties to that event and the one in London. The comparison doesn't lessen the pain and hurt experienced by the people in both the countries, but it is interesting to see the amount of time devoted by the media to Egypt when compared to England.

Bharat, I see you are using the Walt Churchill argument here :D. But in reality, most of the people who were killed were probably against the war in Iraq waged by the monkey and the poodle, as much of the British population is. They had nothing to do with the war, maybe even actively protested against the war.

andrew_nixon said:
This topic is about the London Bombings.

Most people are against the terrorists that support thiese bombings, yet some, like Bharat, support them, and have no problem with the taking of innocent life.
Yeah,i know,but talking about the iraq war9this is mostly Bharat),and things england have done in the past,isn't on topic.
I think that sometimes,the western media don't really give damn about other countries suffering,unless it helps them in some way.But that is still no reason to side with insane killers,like the terrorists.

pal said:
No need to look at India, just look at Egypt, which also experienced terrorist attacks and compare the level of attention given to the casualties to that event and the one in London. The comparison doesn't lessen the pain and hurt experienced by the people in both the countries, but it is interesting to see the amount of time devoted by the media to Egypt when compared to England.

Bharat, I see you are using the Walt Churchill argument here :D. But in reality, most of the people who were killed were probably against the war in Iraq waged by the monkey and the poodle, as much of the British population is. They had nothing to do with the war, maybe even actively protested against the war.

I Agree with you
Its always been like that coz the other countries arent as powerfull as UK and USA so they are not important to include in news that much..Still today about 20-30 pople die in Iraq everyday but nothing about that in news all because of that work on weapon of mass destruction against IRAQ whihc in reality everyone knows was to get OIL but just use a reason of weapon of mass destruction and they can get all the OIL>>

Nice!!

I concider the UK & US govt to be terrorists.
So u people support the terrorists.u have voted for them.

lol..Mr.Andrew Nixon ,I would like to give you
Pandri Mugam,Rauravam,Kumbibaagam,Saaramehyaathanam,Ahvisi,Paribaathanam & Agni goodam .Click here to find out what they are.

pal said:
I think there has been a lot of coverage in UK media concerning the Egypt bombing (Certainly on BBC). Ok not as much as the London bombing but of course a local incident will get more coverage than an incident in a Foreign Country. This will be the case in any country in the world.

Some of you have put the point across that people in India are being killed and nobody cares. This is not true, any loss of life through terrorism is unacceptable no matter where. What do you want the UK government to do? When intervened in Iraq they are condemned.

kevmead said:
I think there has been a lot of coverage in UK media concerning the Egypt bombing (Certainly on BBC). Ok not as much as the London bombing but of course a local incident will get more coverage than an incident in a Foreign Country. This will be the case in any country in the world.

Some of you have put the point across that people in India are being killed and nobody cares. This is not true, any loss of life through terrorism is unacceptable no matter where. What do you want the UK government to do? When intervened in Iraq they are condemned.

I have watched the CNN, NBC, etc. and none have equated their coverage of the London bombings with those in Egypt. So, it's not just the British media, it's the Western media.

When intervened in Iraq they are condemned.

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread