LV County Championship 2008

Somerset are now something like 10 behind with 10 wickets in hand, after Langer and Tresco put on a ton in the second innings. Hopefully we can get a decent lead and go from there.

Also, Pete Trego, is averaging 40 with the bat and 20 with the ball in the Championship. I won't hold my breath for an England call up though.

"really doesn't cut the Mustard. And I'm crying about the use of Onions!"

See, I'm just brilliant.

We got the 3rd batting point which helped. Lancs are effectively -101 for 1.

Lewry, RMJ, Mushy and Rayner. Not forgetting Wright too! Well done to Nashers. Big time in his career. And not long after Hoppo got his maiden hundred!

Is it me, or is Ollie Rayner really kicking on as a bowler this year?

Well, that doesn't seem to be a big enough lead for us, I think we might just see that un-beaten record go.

Never have I more wished for rain than tomorrow :)

Is it me, or is Ollie Rayner really kicking on as a bowler this year?

Confidence is high for him. Big ripper of the ball and he has been helped by Mushy's injury, no doubt.

Arundel did have quite a lot of rough and looked good for spinners, we all know OT turns too. But that shouldn't take away a first innings five for. Important part of the team.

I've thought to myself who the best keeper batsman is around England at the moment and I made this Spreadsheet.

I have come up with a Keeper Rating, which is the batting average multiplied by dismissals per match.

I'll update it at the end of the season.

Attachments

• Who is the best wicketkeeper batsman in the country.xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 31
The rose's match looks as if it isnt going to go ahead today.

Prospects of Play: There is no play before lunch, the Umpires will inspect after lunch, but the prospects of any play today are very unlikely.

Weather Forecast
7mm's of rain has fallen at Old Trafford overnight. The forecast is for more rain this morning easing later this afternoon; but the outfield is already very wet.

The attached picture was taken 10 minutes ago. :(

Attachments

• currentlarge.jpg
    currentlarge.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 56
It's been wet throughout the whole country. 67.5 overs in today's 6 Championship games. So that's what, 576 overs planned (6X96). 11% of overs done, not much. Only Taunton and Derby got Cricket.

1,000 FC runs for Tres today, too. As Somerset reach 110-0 from 21.3 overs.

We managed to draw with Surrey thanks to some solid batting from Nash and Hopkinson. Still only 5 pts about drop zone iirc. mind you, only 23 off the leaders!

Mike Watkinson isn't the problem. In fact, considering how highly rated he is by the sky team and the England set up as a coach he definitely isn't the problem. Your problem is because you miss players in certain areas that haven't been fixed for years, and you also have an aging squad. If you take into account one of the more successful sides in the past 5 years; Sussex, you'll realise that in the majority of their Championship winning campaigns only Mushtaq Ahmed, Chris Adams and Richard Montgomerie, were 'old'. Somerset, similarly have class in the right areas, as well as experience and a young side.

Both those place also don't suffer from the ridiculous amount of rain Old Traffords had to contend with the past 2 seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread