LV County Championship 2008

Ramprakash finally reaches his 100th Century. We drew with Somerset, we lost about 3 hours play to rain today.

It's about bloody time!

Maybe now he can retire and stop people making ridiculous suggestions of him playing for England again.

Big game tomorrow:

Lancashire v Sussex!!

Lancashire 12-man squad v Sussex
Paul Horton
Lou Vincent
Iain Sutcliffe
Stuart Law (cpt)
Francois Du Plessis
Steven Croft
Luke Sutton (wkt)
Kyle Hogg
Glen Chapple
Dominic Cork
Sajid Mahmood
Gary Keedy

Riverside must be a nightmare.

Checked the score around lunchtime (my lunchtime, not lunchtime at the game). Kent had won the toss, I was guessing it was a delayed start and Durham were 40 odd for nowt. Not bad I thought to myself, not good, but not bad.

Checked the score later in the day, Joy! Durham all out for 146. With the weakened side Kent had sent up I wasn't expecting that.

Stumps and Kent are 43/5 :mad

After the toothless draw (all be it rain interupted) at Canterbury last week I was hoping for better.

Amjad back in the side, too. That's a plus point. Robbie got 3 wickets up front too.

Oh this is complete gash. Everton are going down the pan, England have forgotton how to win and now Lancs are bottling it again! :mad

Ah well, let's hope we can bowl well tomorrow. Bloody Sussex. Wish they'd just leave us alone.

More drama at the Riverside.

Durham 146 & 108
Kent 78 & 108/6 (As I write this)

Possible points deduction for Durham on the cards for a substandard wicket???

Robbie Joseph 6/32 in the second innings, 9 wickets in the match. That pitch must be dreadful! Thank goodness Steve Harmison is playing village cricket in London!

Kev added 16 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Bad light stopped play at 116/8

Last edited:
Lancashire 1st Innings
206 all out (87.3 overs)

Lancashire 2nd Innings
9 for 1 (5.0 overs)

Sussex 1st Innings
316 all out (95.3 overs)

More drama at the Riverside.

Durham 146 & 108
Kent 78 & 108/6 (As I write this)

Possible points deduction for Durham on the cards for a substandard wicket???

Robbie Joseph 6/32 in the second innings, 9 wickets in the match. That pitch must be dreadful! Thank goodness Steve Harmison is playing village cricket in London!

Kev added 16 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

Bad light stopped play at 116/8

Apparently there has been a lot of rain around Durham recently so it probably got on the pitch so you can't blame Durham really.

Apparently there has been a lot of rain around Durham recently so it probably got on the pitch so you can't blame Durham really.
Well I have memories of Kent getting a points deduction at Maidstone a few years ago. Again there was a lot of rain around (in fact there was some really freaky weather that week, I remember my mate phoning me, I was watching cricket, he was 2 miles down the road and it was thundering), but it didn't do Kent any good then.

We'll have to wait for the pitch panel (I guess we'll know tomorrow) but 15 wickets on day 1 (only 2 sessions of play) and 23 on day two really doesn't cut the Mustard.

PS.

Yes I really did do a Durham based Mustard joke, would have fitted Onions in there too if I could.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread