LV County Championship 2008

Pretty much all the bowlers in the wickets so far this innings. Don't expect Kent to survive too long...

We beat Hants by 10 wickets, Rayner taking 5-59, his 3rd five wicket haul. Up to 6th in the table now.

I have decided to go to my first 4 day game on Wed.

Lancashire v Hampshire at the mighty OT. I though I might as well get the most out of my £12.50 membership. :cool:

Ha! Have fun, they are in awful form. Watch out for Tomlinson though, good bowler. Batsman are in awful form, including Carberry. Crawley looked in good touch.

I was going to go tomorrow, but don't want to miss United tomorrow night, so will probably go on Wednesday and Thursday. Yeah, I really haven't used my membership properly this season, mainly due to bad weather/football, and the main problem is that after this game, there aren't that many at Old Trafford due to playing at outgrounds from mid-August onwards.

I was going to go tomorrow, but don't want to miss United tomorrow night, so will probably go on Wednesday and Thursday. Yeah, I really haven't used my membership properly this season, mainly due to bad weather/football, and the main problem is that after this game, there aren't that many at Old Trafford due to playing at outgrounds from mid-August onwards.

There are a few 4 dayers mate, Sussex, Yorkshire mainly, and I think there is 2 more Pro40's at OT.

Where bouts you going to sit tomorrow?

---

Lancashire going good so far, 93-0 from 18.2 overs.

Horton 35
Vincent 51 off 51!

I wish I would have gone today, but its my brothers birthday.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone!

We are doing well.

Lancashire 1st Innings
348 for 9 (106.3 overs)

But a bit of a callapse today, but the bowlers will get them!

We're not doing too well at the moment as our batting just hasn't been good enough. North pretty much carried Gloucestershire on his on with his score of 98 and apart from 40* by Hardinges, they had nothing. Napier bowled well getting 4 wickets for 50 runs but most of the bowlers weren't as good as they should've been. They made 275 in the end.

We were 74/0 at one stage in our first innings but then we had a biggish collapse and are now 143/6! Gallian(48) and Chopra(47) gave us the perfect start but Dexter(11) failed as number three and then Bopara and Pettini got ducks. ten Doeschate also got a duck and that leaves us in the match with Foster(19*) and Middlebrook(16*) having to take us to a decent score. It's going to be hard.

Most disappointing player so far for us in this match is Ravi Bopara as he has only manage a duck off 14 balls and had 6 overs which went for 35 runs getting no wickets in the process.. ten Doeschate was only just behind with his duck off 4 balls and 4 overs that went for 21 runs, without getting a wicket.

I am still optimistic though, both Middlebrook and Foster can bat...

I didn't end up going, will do on Friday though. Can't go to the pro40's as they're when United are playing, but yeah will probably go to the Sussex and Yorkshire championship games.

357 all out for Lancs, could have expected 400+ after a good start, but pleased with the 4 batting points. 5-fer for Imran Tahir.

The 50 partnership is up for Middlebrook and Foster, a much needed partnership. Hopefully they can both stay in and capitalize on the people Gloucestershire are choosing to bowl ie North is bowling at the moment. :D

I didn't end up going, will do on Friday though. Can't go to the pro40's as they're when United are playing, but yeah will probably go to the Sussex and Yorkshire championship games.

357 all out for Lancs, could have expected 400+ after a good start, but pleased with the 4 batting points. 5-fer for Imran Tahir.

Hi Phil.

My brother Lee was meant to be going Lancashire today but because of our mum working he couldn't. He is going tomorrow. He can't go friday as we are going on Holiday.

Good to see some more Lancashire fans on here!

We are looking good. Hampshire are 52-3, Chapple, Cork and Mahmood with 1 wicket.

Those that have gone are Crawley, Lumb and Ervine.

Napier just made a very quick 27 off 30 balls and Foster is still there on 45* as we are now on 229/8. Masters is now in but somehow we have come back to get a decent score. If we can get anywhere near 250 then it will be a good total despite the middle order. Hopefully Foster can carry us home.

Jaztheman added 42 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Brilliant innings in the circumstances for Foster as he made 57 but the tail batted so well! Masters made 21 off 40 and then Kaneria made 17* off 27. A very good end to our innings and we definitely have something to fight for now. We made 279 and actually lead by 4 runs at tea! Kirby bowled very well for Gloucestershire though getting his 5fer for 60 runs. Still, it's a very close game.

Well, a bad day for Lancashire's bowlers.

We took 3 wickets with only 35 on the board, and then brown (75*) and Benham (70*) guided Hampshire to 174-3.

We bowled incredible yesterday after our tail batted well. Midldebrook(2-2) bowled brilliant off his three overs and got North out. Danish Kaneria owned aswell getting 3-13. Masters picked up one aswell as Gloucestershire could only manage to get to 70/6 at the end of play! Victory is definitely in sight if we can bowl well tomorow. Middlebrook or Kaneria will get a 5fer, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread