LV County Championship 2008

Managed to see the middle 2 days of that match. Apparently on Day 1 Yorkshire looked like they could bat forever, not surprising as Kent only got back to Canterbury early that morning and have had something like 3 days off in the last 50.

You went all the way up to Headingley?

Common problem in Brighton that ;)

ECB website says Wright is out for the match though.

Kent look likely to rest Darren Stevens for their trip to Taunton, as he has a slight groin (or is that gorin ;)) strain.

Do you think the two are related? ;)

You went all the way up to Headingley?
No, the Kent v Yorkshire match was at Canterbury. The day before Kent were playing a delayed T20 QF at Edgbaston.

Kent play Yorkshire at Scarborough in August, would have been nice to go to that, but I've used up all my holiday on Home matches.

Carl Hopkinson scored his maiden first-class century for Sussex today. We were 25-4, now 299-5. Hoppo went for 106. Muz is 111* and RMJ is 47*. I'm there tomorrow btw. Forecast doesn't look 100% dry, but Friday looks worse according to the rainfall satelite thing I looked at earlier.

Not quite sure why Rob Key put Somerset into bat at Taunton. Things look to have gone from Bad to worse though, Looks like Yasir Arafat has picked up an injury as he's only bowled 4 overs all day. Key has used 7 bowlers in total today, including Matt Walker, who I haven't seen bowl for about 3 years. As I write this Somerset all out for 427.

Unfortunate the Yasir is injured, for you guys because he is a pretty damn good bowler.

In other news, Surrey, with the exception of Newman capitulate to Plunkett and the two Harmisons. Ben has looked an ordinary bowler when I've seen him but he's always in the wickets. Looking forward to seeing how Jordan does, he has been impressive so far in his County career and looks an obvious talent, seeing him bowl in the T20. I find it interesting that Meaker has been kept out of the side for so long, would have expected this great pace sensation to have recieved a few more games for Surrey.

manee added 1 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Not quite sure why Rob Key put Somerset into bat at Taunton. Things look to have gone from Bad to worse though, Looks like Yasir Arafat has picked up an injury as he's only bowled 4 overs all day. Key has used 7 bowlers in total today, including Matt Walker, who I haven't seen bowl for about 3 years. As I write this Somerset all out for 427.

Small note, I met Matt Walker when I was in yr 5, he came to our school and helped us with a cricket lesson. Was mainly there to take some photos with me and my mate, who both played for Kent U10s at the time. The one thing I remember was just how incredibly short he is - nice guy though.

Most people look short to me. He is a bloody nice bloke though.

On the plus side with Yasir, Kent have a week off after this match (well there is the small matter of a Pro40 game at Warks on Sunday). So hopefully he'll be back in plenty of time for the T20 final.

Asking for trouble in putting Somerset in at Taunton.

No matter, Kent have had a fantastic start to their reply and are 13/3 at stumps

national-sarcasm-society-poster.jpg

I absolutely wet myself at Kev's post.

In the last fortnight we've gone to Hove and the Rose Bowl and come away with two vital wins. I say it at this stage every season but oh well, if we can perfom like this in every match we might actually win the title. We are bunch of bottlers though.

No matter, Kent have had a fantastic start to their reply and are 13/3 at stumps

Not got any better for your lads Kev, currently 127/6! de Bruyn has been absolutely awesome this season, more than definitely covered up for having McKenzie last season. de Bruyn is averaging almost 50, and that's before this game.

Wouldn't be surprised if Willoughby and Thomas skittled Kent out for less than 200...

Good day at Arundel today. Might put piccies up tomorrow. Though I didn't enjoy the walk up the hill to the castle! The ground is inside the castle grounds btw.

Goodwin was excellent for his 184, Collymore did very well for his 20 too. Started well with the West Indian knocking Brown's off-stump out of the ground. Rayner got two big wickets in the afternoon. The pitch looks conducive to spin, and he is a big ripper of the ball. I left about 5ish because of the rain and bad light, they didn't go back on so it was a good choice. Lovely ground.

Ollie Rayner has 4-49, and Hants need another 42 runs to make us bat again. They have only 3 wickets left.

Last edited:
Somerset are on the brink against Kent, who need a further 300 to win.

Rob Key being at his son's birth has helped us no end as well. Just need to shift one of these two early and it should be plain sailing.

Users who are viewing this thread