Magazine/Website Reviews

That's one of the worst reviews I've ever read, and I'm not talking about the low mark. Terrible, terrible review, and shame on Eurogamer for publishing a thinly-veiled editorial piece posing as a 'professional' games review. The comments speak louder than the review.

I can tell how bad the review will be by the first two lines:

Sports sims give me big problems.
A very large question looms into view: Why?

:facepalm

Why did they give this guy a sports game to review?

Of course, there is an argument that, in the winter months or when rain stops play, International Cricket 2010 might fill a gap for the real addict. But it resembles the real thing as much as Howzthat!: a once-popular game played with two tiny hexagonal metal bars with runs scored and 'Howzthat!' engraved on one bar, and methods of dismissal or 'not out' on the other. Great fun, and considerably more portable than IC 2010 and the Xbox, but, ultimately, just not Cricket!

That last paragraph sums it up. Us cricket nuts will play any rubbish version of our sport when its raining, winter or if we just can't get a run ourselves!!

I think that eurogamer review was excellent, at least the guy that wrote it clearly loves the sport if not the computer game

Yeah, the eurogamer review is strange and clearly they've been forced to publically defend it. When someone says straight up they don't see the point of sports games then you can't really expect a balanced POV.
For anyone who's interested I'm going to write the Planetcricket review over the weekend.

Are you writing the review before or after you eat panninis with Codemasters employees? :p

Was just having a laugh, anyone who read the AC09 PC review knows its fair and balanced (hate to use that phrase!)

Looking forward to it

Nice review and this part is spot on... "There are still plenty of areas that can be improved upon, but I don?t want to put you off, cause it?s well worth buying! Especially for those who didn?t purchase ?Ashes Cricket 2009?"

Users who are viewing this thread