Mar 30 - Pakistan v India (Semi-Final 2)

Thanks Mate!! But I think it was Misbah who lost you all the game :D

Not only Misbah, but a defensive mind-set plus the in-ability to take pressure of the crowd. Some poor captaincy decisions and improper batting order.

What about drop catches !!!! :facepalm

Ofcourse. A poor show all the way. I just have one confusion about that Hawk Eye where Sachin was absolutely plum. It was dossra, it didn't spin but it didn't hit the wickets in the review. Anyhow,

What was Abdul Razzaq's role in the team? He only bowled 2 overs first up and then batted at 7, not contributing much. He was actually slotted in at 8 too, which suggests that he is playing mostly as a bowler. What kind of bowler only bowls 2 overs? I would have gone for Shoaib Akthar personally.

Gul
Akthar
Wahab
Afridi
Ajmal
Hafeez

now that is a bowling attack!!

Agreeed. Pakistan was always one bowler short right from the start of World Cup. Akhtar has to be there. Pakistan could win the match with his bowling. Restricting India to under 200

Indeed poor captaincy but now it's over Shoaib has retired and we will not see him anymore :facepalm

Also HAAAAA @ Afridi's reaction when he caught Tendulkar. I gotta find a picture of his classical raised hand celebration.

Agreeed. Pakistan was always one bowler short right from the start of World Cup. Akhtar has to be there. Pakistan could win the match with his bowling. Restricting India to under 200

If Akhtar had played, then he probably would have played instead of Wahab, and we would probably have made more than 300.

What was Abdul Razzaq's role in the team? He only bowled 2 overs first up and then batted at 7, not contributing much. He was actually slotted in at 8 too, which suggests that he is playing mostly as a bowler. What kind of bowler only bowls 2 overs? I would have gone for Shoaib Akthar personally.

Gul
Akthar
Wahab
Afridi
Ajmal
Hafeez

now that is a bowling attack!!

Yea but PAK would have had a pretty long tail if they did that to be fair. If Afridi batting @ 7 was more sensible, they probably could have risked it though.

"Baap Baap hota hai yeh Beta Beta I think yeh uss waqt prove hoo chuka hai jab ham India mein aa kar India say semi-final kheally jo humein IPL mein daalney say bhee dar rahey thay" Humaree wohee bohat bari victory hai"

To be honest, this is the biggest victory. I am not gonna critize Pakistan team becasue what they did means a lot more than the Final.

And Pakistani people can never be satisfied. They are not gonna appreciate the team for how far they have reached rather criticize them for losing one match.

@All Pakistanis: What's the condition in the nation, I mean how are the people reacting? Are they out with posters of the players beating them up with foot-wears and then burning them or is it all fine this time.

I wish it is fine, but I don't expect it to be that way. Would love to hear about it.

I am not in Pakistan, but it would be unbeliveably stupid to have a go at the players. They did a FANTASTIC job afaic. Quarterfinals was compulsory, semi-finals would have been a job well done, but its how we did it that really stands out. Losing only a game in the 1st stage that too one we dropped ourselves is still a pleasing performance.

One thing for sure is, this World Cup has been a success, but there are definetly some issues that need to be settled. The likes of Younis and Misbah need to think about their future, and this 8 batsman theory was just a temporary solution not a permanent.

Btw, I was on BBC, well tbf there was a glimpse of me :D

WEll a remarkable match because we haven't seen a single tussle between the players of two countries.

Because we had enough in this thread. :D

because how can any international team leave 4 catches of the same person every time.

The way Pakistan does. :D

I guess that's why they are called unpredictable. ;)

Congratulations To India and good Luck in Final. :) You are not facing Pakistan so be prepared, cause today's performance wasn't India's 100%. I was expecting much more than that. :)

Poor Misbah, he was the only one who batted well, so of course he should have scored 200 and single-handedly won the game. :rolleyes

Fact is that Pakistan's batting is not their strong point and their best method of chase is to chase undersized totals. I mean, they can apply themselves, but at the end of the day, several teams just have way better batsmen.

If there was a villain for Pakistan, it was undoubtedly and unfortunately Umar Gul. He was struggling for line all day. Yes, he was bowling to Sehwag, but Sehwag was mostly just stroking the line. Raina also capitalised and even Harbhajan chipped in a little. His bad day cost Pakistan at least 20 runs. Fielding was definitely a problem too, don't get me wrong, but we've come to expect a few mistakes. Who knows what wickets Umar Gul would have taken if he was at his best (or even just at his average)?

I would also offer that given how much of the workload Umar Gul shoulders, it's a shame he still had to take the full beating when his bad day comes. A team with 3 all-rounders should not have to bowl its worst bowler out. Although Wahab Riaz picked up the slack, in both this game and in the NZ game, it feels as though Razzaq was dead weight. Pakistan need a third quick in their side, whether he bats or not is probably optional, but they need the functionality of having an option they can actually rely on. Their bowling is what makes them good, but that flaw stops them from being great.

It's either that or find three all-time great one-day batsmen. I have a feeling the former might be an easier task for Pakistan.

Poor Misbah, he was the only one who batted well, so of course he should have scored 200 and single-handedly won the game. :rolleyes

Fact is that Pakistan's batting is not their strong point and their best method of chase is to chase undersized totals. I mean, they can apply themselves, but at the end of the day, several teams just have way better batsmen.

If there was a villain for Pakistan, it was undoubtedly and unfortunately Umar Gul. He was struggling for line all day. Yes, he was bowling to Sehwag, but Sehwag was mostly just stroking the line. Raina also capitalised and even Harbhajan chipped in a little. His bad day cost Pakistan at least 20 runs. Fielding was definitely a problem too, don't get me wrong, but we've come to expect a few mistakes. Who knows what wickets Umar Gul would have taken if he was at his best (or even just at his average)?

I would also offer that given how much of the workload Umar Gul shoulders, it's a shame he still had to take the full beating when his bad day comes. A team with 3 all-rounders should not have to bowl its worst bowler out. Although Wahab Riaz picked up the slack, in both this game and in the NZ game, it feels as though Razzaq was dead weight. Pakistan need a third quick in their side, whether he bats or not is probably optional, but they need the functionality of having an option they can actually rely on. Their bowling is what makes them good, but that flaw stops them from being great.

It's either that or find three all-time great one-day batsmen. I have a feeling the former might be an easier task for Pakistan.

Really Pakistan were expecting the Razzaq for the South Africa series, when we all know that's not going to happen. Razzaq is a very unorthodox batsmen, he scores a century which, may have been the best I have ever seen in my lifetime and then he doesn't score for 10-15 odd matches. Pakistan's fielding was horrendous as well, I've seen them field bad and they haven't been great during this World Cup. However, they haven't fielded no where near this performance (other than Kamran dropping Ross Taylor twice). They really didn't play well at all, other than I would say the spinners and Wahab Riaz, Pakistan screwed up in every other way. Fielding dropped Tendulkar which, could have been equivalent to 20-30 runs, which would have won them the match. They missed easy balls for singles and doubles like Afridi trying to stop the ball with his feet rather than his hands, which was equal to atleast 10 runs, which would have taken some pressure off. They gave their wickets away when they were in good form I.E, Asad Shafiq, Mohammed Hafeez and Kamran, Afridi. And some of them didn't even try to win i.e, Younus, Razzaq.

Really Pakistan played absolutely horrible in this match, other than that spectacular performance from Wahab Riaz, Pakistan has only had negatives in this match. When Pakistan lost to Australia in the semi-finals in the T20 semi-finals, they played amazing, their batting was great, bowling was great and their fielding was great. Yet, they lost because Australia was just a better team and on that day there was NO way Pakistan was going to win. Today, I can actually put my head down and say Pakistan gave the match to India, they lost this match rather than India winning this match.

Users who are viewing this thread