AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow, another classic without a thread.
home_header_noflash_1000x467.jpg

Summary
"Mass Effect" will deliver an immersive, story-driven gameplay experience presented in a cinematic style with high production values, extraordinary levels of visual fidelity, incredible exploration and realistic digital actors. Players assume the role of an elite human Spectre agent, Commander Shepard, entrusted with keeping law and order in the galaxy. As they discover and explore the uncharted edges of the galaxy, they come closer to an overwhelming truth -- learning that the placid and serene universe they know is about to come to a violent end and that they are the only being who can stop it

Mass Effect 2

Mass-Effect-2-Cinematic-Teaser-Trailer-HD_1.jpg

Summary
The Mass Effect trilogy is an emotionally charged science fiction adventure set in a vast universe filled with dangerous alien life and mysterious, uncharted planets. In Mass Effect 2, players will once again step into the role of the heroic Commander Shepard, commanding their crew of some of the most dangerous operatives from across the galaxy on a mission so challenging that it's potentially suicidal. Featuring intense shooter action, a rich futuristic storyline, space exploration and emotionally engaging character interaction, the game delivers an unparalleled cinematic experience.

New to the world of Mass Effect, Need Help? Ask it here. I would be glad to help. And remember, backup your saves for ME3. I have my stored on mediafire and Gmail. Just in case my pc crashes:p

----------

What background you guys choose. I always chose earth born war hero background :D

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
First off, I'm playing as 'Jane Shepard' - PC Gamer reckons the actor does a better job - who knows. Playing as a soldier, but I'm beginning to wish I'd played as a class who can throw enemies around - that's fun!

I've only got ME1 so far - will get ME2 as soon as I see it drop in price (or if Steam do one of their crazy sales)!

Things that irk me a bit: I'd like to be able to close the Codex screen, but still have the audio description playing - otherwise I just can't be bothered to sit and listen to them, so some voice actor has just wasted his time!! ;)

Is there a way to map weapons to the keyboard? Bit of a pain to have to switch to the squad command screen just to equip your gun.

A lot of the time, the choice given in the dialogue wheel doesn't really reflect what the character actually says - is that rectified in ME2? I've heard it's now possible to punch people in the face in ME2 - true?

With things like Gameface and so on in sports games, how long will it be before we can put our own face into games like ME? How cool would that be???? That would be a lot more fun than playing around with a face creator.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
First off, I'm playing as 'Jane Shepard' - PC Gamer reckons the actor does a better job - who knows. Playing as a soldier, but I'm beginning to wish I'd played as a class who can throw enemies around - that's fun!

I've only got ME1 so far - will get ME2 as soon as I see it drop in price (or if Steam do one of their crazy sales)!

Things that irk me a bit: I'd like to be able to close the Codex screen, but still have the audio description playing - otherwise I just can't be bothered to sit and listen to them, so some voice actor has just wasted his time!! ;)

Is there a way to map weapons to the keyboard? Bit of a pain to have to switch to the squad command screen just to equip your gun.

A lot of the time, the choice given in the dialogue wheel doesn't really reflect what the character actually says - is that rectified in ME2? I've heard it's now possible to punch people in the face in ME2 - true?

With things like Gameface and so on in sports games, how long will it be before we can put our own face into games like ME? How cool would that be???? That would be a lot more fun than playing around with a face creator.

Do you want me to spoil it for you :p ME 2 has tons of features which you wished after playing ME1. Okay, yeah you can punch people in face or sometimes threaten them with gun in face depending upon what kinda character you are developing. Most of conversations have two possible action sequences which you have to perform during chatter. You have to be quick otherwise you'll miss them.

And whats the problem you are having with ME 1? I think you can change weapons by using the scroll wheel. You dont have to pause the game just to change the gun.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
That's cool, I'll see them for myself when I get the game.

You can help me with something though: how the heck do I replenish grenades in between missions? The guy selling supplies on board the Normandy hasn't got any - strange, I would've thought a ship like the Normandy would have them in the weapons storage areas.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry, played Mass Effect 1 long time ago. Don't remember a lot but i think you just need to buy them every time or hope to find some during battle.

----------

Did a quick look up and found that you cannot buy the grenades in ME1. You just find them during battle or in the Medical Stations(Yeah that makes perfect sense :rolleyes)
Surprisingly they removed grenades from Mass Effect 2 and replaced them with uber cool Heavy weapons. There are almost dozens of new weapons. Each character has a special weapon according to his class :cheers And my personal favorite weapon is M920 Cain.
What is it? Well its just a mini nuclear bomb launcher :p. Its bigass in size and very very effective for boss fights.

----------

Here's the official ingame description of M920 Cain

Normandy's scientists have prototyped a modified version of traditional high-explosive rounds that is applied to a 25 gram slug. When accelerated to 5 km/s, the round is devastating. Though a technically inaccurate label, this prototype weapon is nicknamed the "Nuke Launcher", and its high-explosive matrix generates an archetypical mushroom cloud on impact. It inflicts high damage with large area of effect. Very effective against armor, shields, and barriers.

The M-920 Cain is not named after the Biblical Cain, but after Fallout and Fallout 2 design Tim Cain.

To acquire this weapon, you must have sufficient heavy ammo upgrades (4 out of 7) before completing the research in the Normandy (25,000 iridium) and going to the weapons locker and equipping it. Then all you have to do is hoard ammo as the ammo counter when the Cain is equipped is shown as a percentage of one shot available.

Here is a video of M920 Cain in action. Its safe to watch as this contains no cutscenes or story related dialogues. Just firing of nuke and explosion.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Portable nuke-thrower. Ooooooooh yeeeeeeaaaaah! :D

Yeah, regarding the 'nades - that explains why a couple popped into my inventory - I did visit the Medical Bay in the Citadel. :)

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Keeping the Grenades and Medicines together. Perfect combination :p

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I might pick up Mass Effect 2 on PS3 when it goes down in price. I tried the demo and I didn't really like the shooting mechanics at all, but I suppose there's a lot more to it than just that, so I'll surely give it a go.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
If you played the Mass Effect 1 and liked it then you'll be blown away by this one.
I'm surprised you didn't liked the shooting mechanics but hey everyone's got a different taste.;)
You might get used to it after a while and then you'll be hooked. There isn't a single boring mission in ME2. I played the game for 2 days. 18 hours on first day and then 10 hours on second day to finish it. Finale was satisfying and even though i was exhausted after 2 days, the ending left me shell shocked. I just can't wait for Mass Effect 3.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I might pick up Mass Effect 2 on PS3 when it goes down in price. I tried the demo and I didn't really like the shooting mechanics at all, but I suppose there's a lot more to it than just that, so I'll surely give it a go.

If the shooting is similar to ME1, it'll do me.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Shooting is better than ME1. You no longer have that insanely wayward accuracy at start and the cooldown meter has been stripped. Some new animations. Basically ME2 is very similar to Gears of war this time around in terms of cover and shoot method. You can still pause the action and give commands.

P.S: At E3 they showed that ME3 supports Kinect :eek:

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
^Yes you can use Kinect in conversation only. I don't think its going to add much in terms of actual gameplay.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Think twice before oyu make a decision in ME2
Players can dictate whether Shepard will die at the end of Mass Effect 2 based on their choices throughout the game

----------

Another paragraph pulled from wiki,(Don't worry No spoilers)
Mass Effect 2 was released to universal acclaim. On its initial release, Mass Effect 2 received perfect review scores from gaming publications such as Eurogamer,[78] Official Xbox Magazine UK,[81] TeamXbox,[82] and Hardcore Gamer Magazine.[83] As of April 14, 2011, the review aggregator website Metacritic ranks the Xbox 360 version as the 14th highest reviewed game of all time, with an average score of 96/100.[17] The PC and PS3 versions hold average scores of 94/100.[18][19] The reviews praised multiple aspects of the game, particularly its improvement over Mass Effect. GamingExcellence reviewer Daniel Acaba wrote that Mass Effect 2 “improved from its predecessor in almost every aspect”[84] and Worth Playing called it “an improvement over the original in every way”.[85] Since release the game has accumulated over 70 perfect review scores, it is the highest rated game in the twenty eight year history of EA games [86]

Gameplay in Mass Effect 2 was praised for its accessibility despite being a complex RPG. Eurogamer, in a perfect review, proclaimed that BioWare had succeeded in “making it effortless to understand, play and enjoy on a constant basis, because it has done this in a manner that should prove utterly essential to veterans and newcomers alike”.[87] Other website echoed these sentiments; for example, Games Radar (in-house) said Mass Effect 2 “strikes a perfect balance between intense shooter action and gut-wrenching drama”[88] and MEGamers called the combat “brilliant”.[88] However, some reviewers expressed disappointment with the gameplay, calling it “stripped-down” with a “dumbed-down feeling”.[89]

Graphics in Mass Effect 2 were lauded for their improvement over the first game. Level7.nu, in a perfect review, called Mass Effect 2 a milestone in game design.[90] They paid special attention to the lack of technical issues, and an improved graphics engine. GamePro was also floored by the game's graphics, calling them "stunning" and praising their detail.[91]

IGN gave Mass Effect 2 a perfect score for sound, calling both its voice acting and music outstanding. Martin Sheen's performance was singled out for “steal[ing] the show”.[15] Gamespot was also complementary of the dialogue and voice acting, calling the voice cast “tremendous

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Just to show how good Mass Effect 2 was, here is the list of awards it won :

By the end of 2010, Mass Effect 2 won numerous awards from various video game journalists and outlets.

G4 X-Play awarded it Game of the Year, along with Best writing and Best role-playing game.
IGN awarded the game Xbox 360 game of the year, among Best Story, Best Character (for Thane Krios), Best Sci-Fi game and Best Blockbuster game, for the 360 category, while it also won Best Story, Best Soundtrack, Best Character (for the Illusive Man), Best Visuals and Best Sci-Fi game for the PC category. In their overall awards, they gave it Best Story, Best Sci-Fi Game, Best Blockbuster Game, and Overall Game of the Year for 2010.
During the 2010 Spike Video Game Awards,the game won the awards for
"Best Xbox 360 Game",
"Studio of the Year" (for its developer, BioWare),
"Best RPG",
and it was nominated for "Game of the Year", "Best PC Game", "Best Original Score", "Best Performance by a Human Male" (for Martin Sheen as the Illusive Man), "Best Performance by a Human Female" (for Jennifer Hale as Commander Shepard ? female version, and Yvonne Strahovski as Miranda Lawson), "Best DLC" (for Lair of the Shadow Broker), and "Most Anticipated Game of 2010".

During its year-end series of awards,
GameTrailers gave the game the awards for
"Best RPG",
"Best Story" and
Game of the Year.
Screw Attack ranked the game as top game of 2010 as voted for by users.
It won the Golden Joystick awards for "Best RPG" and "Ultimate Game of the Year" which are voted for by the public

IGN Australia chose the game as the best game of 2010.

Game Informer named the game the Best RPG of 2010.

The game also won 3 AIAS Interactive Achievement Awards including one for Overall Game of the Year.

Mass Effect 2 was awarded the BAFTA for "Best Game" of 2010.

Mass Effect 2 is going to be placed in the "Art of Video Games" exhibit in the Smithsonian American Art Museum.

AIAS-Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences
BAFTA- British Academy of Film and Television Arts

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Hi there mate - I'm having a bit of a problem in Mass Effect. Basically, I need to activate something, but it keeps saying my skill is too low. I have a squad member with me who can use the Omni Tool - how do I make her do the job for me? Are my squad mates any use, apart from for shooting things?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread