Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

i love bowling in this game. i always bat and bowl every game, i don't simulate at all. the only thing i do is have fielding on semi assisted. this game is great!

So my 2013-14 ashes tour continues...just finished a 4 day game against the PMs X1 at the Bradman Oval.

England batted first and racked up 427 all out in a little over 91 overs. Michael Carberry top scored with a commanding 187 (250). Ably assisted by KP (50 off 60 balls), and Bopara (68 off 80).

In reply the PMs X1 folded to 172 all out, Bopara picking up 4 wickets.

Following on, they collapsed to 72-5 before the last 5 wickets put up stubborn resistance and dragged the game into a 4th morning. Bresnan picked up 5-42 as the PMs X1 were eventually skittled for 274, leaving England 21 to win, which they did losing two wickets on the way.

MOM: Michael Carberry

That's 3 warm up games played now, having previously drawn one against WA and lost against Australia A.

Next up, 1st test.

Very impressed by the realistic scores I'm getting it makes it such a rewarding experience

Serves ya right for simming! :-p

But seriously, finally we have a game where bowling is enjoyable and AI batting is competitive, why is no one bowling?

For me, it's this:

r2u51c.jpg

Getting carted around by a team rated 1 for batting

Update on the second test Aus v Pakistan at Delhi, playing as Australia on Pro.

Well I batted past lunch on Day 2 and racked up a total of 481.

Australia 481 all out off 139.3 overs
Smith 143 (177)
Warner 77 (143)
Haddin 63 (127)
Doolan 54 (86)
Ajmal 6/146
Khan 3/97

Then Johnson came out and blasted out the top order. In the first over he had a LBW review decision overturned and another LBW missed - the ball seemed to hit the edge of the bat landing just short of the keeper, and I didn't appeal. The commentator said something about missing the LBW. On replay it showed the ball flicking the pad then hitting the bat, plumb in front. Amazing stuff. Third over Johnson had his man, bowled off a screaming bouncer hitting the batsman on the chest and rolling on to the stumps. He then picked up two more quick wickets to have Pakistan reeling at 3/24. Pattinson then produced easily the best delivery I have ever seen in the game to remove Khan. A quick, slightly short of length delivery clipping the top of off to see it cartwheeling out the ground. Khan was late with a defensive prod. On replay, turns out there was a very slight edge off the bat. Even if it missed the stumps it would have been snaffled by the keeper or first slip. I have a video on my phone which Ill try work out how to upload to youtube. Ali and Ul Haq have started to dig in.

Towards the close of play on Day 2, Pakistan 4/100.

Kind of hoping the Paki's make a decent score. Might have to up the difficulty if I smash them this match.

Edit: here is a video of the Younish Khan dismissal:

Last edited:
Pro. I was taking 7-9 wickets an innings as a leg spinner in career mode a few months ago, I come back and these guys are destroying me on a dust bowl lol

Pro. I was taking 7-9 wickets an innings as a leg spinner in career mode a few months ago, I come back and these guys are destroying me on a dust bowl lol

Hmm. I don't seem to have a problem picking up regular wickets. You have to be smart about rotating your bowlers, setting suitable fields and from what I can tell keeping the ball shined may be making a difference too. Be great if @fiction could clarify that shining the ball makes a difference.

Won my first game in veteran mode. Batted first and scored 274 in 41.4 overs. Amla 70 (45), Ingram 67 (74), Mclaren 40 (32), philander 29 (14). Doherty got 4 wickets but leaked 83 runs... Watson 58-2, maxwell 8-2 and harris 26-2.

After batting I saved the game and decided to continue later once I actually learn how to bowl. I know they would chase this down in 25 overs.

Anyway after practicing bowling for half an hour in match practice a few days later I started this up again. Steyn and morkel opened the bowling. Instantly I was bowling pretty well. The jump input was close to perfect. Started having fun with early and late release. But they were still scoring at run a ball with Atleast one boundary each over. Morkel was quite impressive. Uprooted the middle stump once but the umpire called no ball. In the following free hit he flattened the stumps again lol. But in the next over he finally struck. A short of a good length ball pitching on leg and moving towards middle stump. Warner fine edged while trying to block. Caught by DE cock.

Clarke came in and he started playing shots instantly. They were cruising at 112-1 in 20 overs when finally philander struck. Clarke trying to up the run rate, went for a glory shot and got caught at the ropes. Then duminy came and produced the over of the innings. 0 wd 4 W wd W 0 0. first one clean bowled and next one a diving caught and bowled. Rest of the batsmen couldn't put up a fight except Wade who scored 53 (57). He got out plumb lbw by morkel when needed 60 from 30. The tail got cleaned up quickly by morkel and steyn. Ended up with 240/9 in 40 overs.

Hughes 59(80) Wade 53(57) Doherty 33(38) Clarke 25(45).

Duminy 69-4, morkel 46-3, philander 33-1 and steyn 49-1

Last edited:
Completed a clean sweep of the 2 Test Series against Pakistan last night (playing as Australia on Pro).

After amassing 481 in the first innings, I bowled Pakistan out for 234, thanks largely to Johnson who finished with 5 wickets. I asked them to follow on, and first ball of the Pakistani 2nd innings Hafeez edged to Chris Rogers at second slip to continue their woes. Video below. Australia continued to churn through the Pakistani batting line up to deliver an innings and 28 run victory. MOTM Steve Smith.

Australia 1st innings 481 all out off 139.3 overs
Smith 143 (177)
Warner 77 (143)
Haddin 63 (127)
Doolan 54 (86)
Ajmal 6/146
Khan 3/97

Pakistan 1st Innings 234 all out off 81.5 overs
A. Ali 51 (87)
Johnson 5/66
Pattinson 4/59

Pakistan 2nd Innings 221 all out off 74.2 overs
A. Ali 49 (120)
S. Smith 2/25
N. Lyon 2/29

I enjoyed the test match but would have been good to see a little more resolve from the AI batsmen. Maybe the skill difference between the sides did actually mean something - this is a result you would sort of expect in real life. Johnson was unplayable on occasions.

On all 4 occasions over the test series the Pakistanis made between 220 and 260. Bit strange.

I might turn up the difficulty to Veteran and see if the AI batsman can produce bigger totals to give me more of a challenge.

I've finally decided on my next tour :)

It will be Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe with all games to be played at the Colombo stadium. There will be 3 T20's and 3 ODI's. I was thinking of adding a one off Test match but they take too long to complete.

Beautiful looking slip catch, instead of that first slip moving it should be like him looking at the ball as it goes to the second slip's hands [This happens when the career player is at the slips and the ball goes through the gully region], will look nice if implemeted .....

Had an awesome test match with a friend online. I will let the scorecard do most of the talking. But the summary is, Australia 90's batted first and put up 346. In reply, i (south africa CG) got all out for 199. Second innings, a mammoth collapse and Australia all out for 89.

With a target of 237, I was not very optimistic. And it was heading towards a disaster. FOW at 4 4 13 33 33 39. Basically at 39/6 i was dreaming about passing 89 at the least. But then Amla and Philander put up a good partnership, took me to 92/7 and then Amla and Morkel got to 141/8 then Morkel and Lagne got to 186/9, finally Lange and Steyn took it over the finish line. 237/9. Won by one wicket. The last 10 overs were absolute epicness. Almost every ball was forcing an edge and every one of those kept falling or be short of fielder.

IMAG0417.jpg

Last edited:
Started a new tour - playing as the West Indies touring India (replicating the upcoming tour).

1st one day match I was going well at 2/100, with Simmons and Bravo playing well, until I started losing steady wickets to be all out for 226.

India were in a similar situation, batting steadily with a run rate just over 4, but started losing wickets as the pressure built. Needing 9 runs off the last over, Rampaul only conceded 3 runs to see the Windies home by 6 wickets.

West Indies: 226 (47.5 overs)
Darren Bravo: 53 (52)
Lendly Simmons 56 (74)
Ashwin 3/34

India: 7/220 (50 overs)
Kohli 86 (113)
Dhoni 36* (32)
Roach 3/51
Holder 2/47

India never really got going with their run rate. Was disappointing to see them bat so slowly and not going the tonk in the last couple of overs. Instead they were happy to just block it out, play along the ground for singles or keep doing this stupid swipe across the line and playing it out to mid-on. Getting pretty sick of seeing this shot to be honest.

On to Colombo for the next match. Except I might start the tour again and change a few things to the line ups. Sammy and Pollard are listed as fast-medium bowlers, when really they are rat pace in real life, Pollard doesn’t have a gut, is too short and doesn’t wear a white wide brimmed hat and Rayudu is missing from the Indian lineup.

Last edited:
You guys are phenomenal.. you guys keep me going on being patient.. number of overs you guys play motivates me to play slower.. this helped with me playing almost an entire day for the first ininigs with my cousin.. Was awesome and really frustrated him..!!!

Users who are viewing this thread