Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

1st T20 match:

m8jToMH.png

Haven't played for a week and I found batting extremely tough as you can see. I just couldn't time anything, 6 runs were required off the last 2 overs and both were maidens! I just couldn't hit the bloody thing!

1st T20 match:

m8jToMH.png

Haven't played for a week and I found batting extremely tough as you can see. I just couldn't time anything, 6 runs were required off the last 2 overs and both were maidens! I just couldn't hit the bloody thing!

I know that you did that on purpose so that Zimbabwe could win....;)

Haha seriously I didn't :) I'm still fairly new to PRO difficulty, I think that's why.

2 T20's & 3 ODI's.

I wouldn't say bowling is boring, certainly not in the career, I admit to batting for both teams(cue dutch/biggs' innuendo) in casual matches on pro rather than bowling all the overs, but other than adding pitch conditions causing more turn I think its been implemented very well, certainly more so than in past games.

Never thought i would say this, but i love bowling in this game. I have never ever bowled an entire game while playing against AI before this game. Getting pretty decent on both fast and spin bowling. Bowling against human is even more fun, to try to get into the head of the opponent.

IMO = In my opinion. FTW! = For the win!

I've always felt in any cricket game that when I get a wicket I didn't earn it and that it was just randomly given to me (if that makes sense). At least with the batting if I score some runs or get out I know that it was down to me.

IMO = In my opinion. FTW! = For the win!

I've always felt in any cricket game that when I get a wicket I didn't earn it and that it was just randomly given to me (if that makes sense). At least with the batting if I score some runs or get out I know that it was down to me.

From spending a lot of time bowling to the AI, I think its a rash statement to say that getting wickets aren't earned, although I think there is definitely room for improvement. I'm a little surprised that someone like yourself who obviously spends a lot of time with the game and is in a position to moderate people's opinions is quick to just dismiss a whole aspect of the game so bluntly, to be honest. Like real cricket - often batsmen get themselves out (as the old saying goes "shit gets wickets") but more often these mistakes are drawn out from pressure and good, accurate bowling.

In DBC 14 I always bowl to set plans, switch around my bowlers and set my fields in accordance to the match situation, and a majority of wickets I feel are earned. For example, on certain pitch types certain bowlers will be more conducive to being economical, so I have to manage their overs. Maintaining good accuracy is also important - I bowl with no hud so its more challenging than using the bowling meter. A bad delivery down the leg side will usually get punished - like real cricket. Building the pressure with a series of dot balls will generally see the AI try to hit out eventually to keep up with the run-rate, and I set fields accordingly to this tendency.

Bowling is under rated on this game. There is so much more to it that just running in and bowling.

However - a relative increase in the proportion of dismissals from edges would enhance this experience even more.... @fiction. I would sell my sisters to have a situation where setting attacking fields with 4 slips is justified with a fair risk/reward system.

Last edited:
I'm a little surprised that someone like yourself who obviously spends a lot of time with the game and is in a position to moderate people's opinions is quick to just dismiss a whole aspect of the game so bluntly
What makes you think that I play the game a lot? Because i'm a staff member? LOL We have staff on here that don't even play cricket games. For the record I have like 70 hours of gameplay time on the PC version I think which is nothing compared to others on here.

I don't like bowling, never have done. I bought the game so i'll play it however I like.

2nd T20 match: Zimbabwe win the series with 1 match to go.

yZAIM7s.png

A fairly easy run chase, both Zimbabwe openers getting off to fast starts, had a slight wobble in the middle overs but Sibanda stuck around and achieved the MOTM award for the second match in a row :)

There was a close catch taken in the Sri Lankan innings, on first viewing I was certain that the fielder had touched the rope but he didn't, was very close though.

7wphedr.png

Users who are viewing this thread