Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

What makes you think that I play the game a lot? Because i'm a staff member? LOL We have staff on here that don't even play cricket games. For the record I have like 70 hours of gameplay time on the PC version I think which is nothing compared to others on here.

I don't like bowling, never have done. I bought the game so i'll play it however I like.

That's absolutely right @AshleyWilliam ....Strategy , the way they play, the modes they play, fielding or skip to the career player totally depends upon them...Everyone has their right to the game when they own that....Discussing about the strategy to improve one's batting or bowling is fair other than that its their choice mate....I have seen some who view AI vs AI matches in the game, which is fun to them.....So express the way you like the game and suggest ideas for improvement of it other than that it gets personal...:thumbs[DOUBLEPOST=1412684500][/DOUBLEPOST]
2nd T20 match: Zimbabwe win the series with 1 match to go.

yZAIM7s.png

A fairly easy run chase, both Zimbabwe openers getting off to fast starts, had a slight wobble in the middle overs but Sibanda stuck around and achieved the MOTM award for the second match in a row :)

There was a close catch taken in the Sri Lankan innings, on first viewing I was certain that the fielder had touched the rope but he didn't, was very close though.

7wphedr.png
That's one awesome match mate....Told you that you always want Zim to win the match ;) :p
That scorecard shows a great improvement to the first match...Awesome...So you are a PRO now....:clap

Told you that you always want Zim to win the match ;) :p
No it's not like that at all! :p

I have a theory (when batting both teams innings) that whatever team bats second normally wins (at least this was the case in IC10 & AC09) but in DBC if you bat second it doesn't always guarantee you a win :)

That's absolutely right @AshleyWilliam ....Strategy , the way they play, the modes they play, fielding or skip to the career player totally depends upon them...Everyone has their right to the game when they own that....Discussing about the strategy to improve one's batting or bowling is fair other than that its their choice mate....I have seen some who view AI vs AI matches in the game, which is fun to them.....So express the way you like the game and suggest ideas for improvement of it other than that it gets personal...:thumbs[DOUBLEPOST=1412684500][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's one awesome match mate....Told you that you always want Zim to win the match ;) :p
That scorecard shows a great improvement to the first match...Awesome...So you are a PRO now....:clap

All fair and reasonable I wasn't meaning to have a go at Spitfire for not bowling, just don't think its fair to dismiss bowling and getting wickets as just 'random occurrences' so quickly and without enough insight into it. Like he said himself he hasn't played the game much, let alone tried bowling a lot....

Bowling is great fun IMO, finally we have a game that gives satisfaction in this aspect.

The game offers great customisation to be able to play however you want. Personally Id get bored of batting only cos I love the strategical aspect of bowling/fielding/captaining. Guess I gotta learn that people find other ways to get enjoyment out the game. Fair enough :-)

All fair and reasonable I wasn't meaning to have a go at Spitfire for not bowling, just don't think its fair to dismiss bowling and getting wickets as just 'random occurrences' so quickly and without enough insight into it. Like he said himself he hasn't played the game much, let alone tried bowling a lot....

Bowling is great fun IMO, finally we have a game that gives satisfaction in this aspect.

The game offers great customisation to be able to play however you want. Personally Id get bored of batting only cos I love the strategical aspect of bowling/fielding/captaining. Guess I gotta learn that people find other ways to get enjoyment out the game. Fair enough :-)

Yeah right, its just that the love for the game gets the better of us sometimes and makes us express in a different way....:thumbs

Back to topic, what do you play the most career , tour or casual??[DOUBLEPOST=1412689141][/DOUBLEPOST]
No it's not like that at all! :p

I have a theory (when batting both teams innings) that whatever team bats second normally wins (at least this was the case in IC10 & AC09) but in DBC if you bat second it doesn't always guarantee you a win:)

Agree on that...Easily scoring 350 in first innings to easily score even 250 in the second....

Yeah right, its just that the love for the game gets the better of us sometimes and makes us express in a different way....:thumbs

Back to topic, what do you play the most career , tour or casual??[DOUBLEPOST=1412689141][/DOUBLEPOST]

Agree on that...Easily scoring 350 in first innings to easily score even 250 in the second....

I play mostly tours. I really enjoy the customisation you can do with the fixtures, line ups and match types. Every now and then Ill resume my career but always go back to tours. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing career, but I just get more enjoyment out of playing entire matches from start to finish.

Currently playing the second ODI match as West Indies v India in Colombo. Struggling. Have lost regular wickets throughout.

West Indies 7/182 (42 overs)
Ramdin 54 (70)
Samuels 24 (35)
Sammy 23* (40)

Battling to get through the overs. Holder has just fallen to Jadeja, caught at gully. Trying to keep wickets in hand for the last 4-5 overs and will see if Sammy can let loose with some big hitting to get a reasonable score on the board. This is our only hope.

Up until last night I had never ventured into the upper echelons of veteran or legend. So I set up a t20 on legend and was overjoyed to restrict English legends(custom team) to 137/4 off 20ov. Any joy was quickly erased as I was all out for 44 off 11ov! I had made the mistake of just picking spinners in the England line up and could harly put bat on ball, as well as 3 run outs due to over excitement when I actually hit the ball! So down to veteran, t20 with 2 custom made teams, again was over joyed to make 84/9 off my 20 overs, considering 6, yes 6, panic run outs!! I eventually lost by 7 wickets (12 ov) Absolutely brilliant fun on higher levels, although I haven't the reactions to cut the ball vs pace, I really enjoyed playing spin, top marks BA, can't believe I've waited this long to play the game at its best! A few more games like this and I may be tempted to start a career on pro, rather than the rookie my career is on ATM!

the game is an absolute joy in legend and veteran, while it may sometimes be hard once you get accustomed its so much fun and challenging.

3rd T20 match: Sri Lanka win but Zimbabwe take the series 2-1.

RZanlpX.png

Q3yupNT.png

A very tough run chase, I lost wickets on a regular basis and the RRR was always to much for me. I decided to put out a weakened Zimbabwe side seeing as they had already won the series.

Top 3 run scorers:

arLLfQY.png

Top 3 wicket takers:

9TsGsG2.png

Next up is the 3 match ODI series :)

In Day 5 of a thrilling first Ashes test at Adelaide Gardens. England batted first and reached 250-3 before a mid-innings collapse saw them fold in farcical circumstances for 326. Cook (103 from 170) and Bopara (81 off 111) the only batters to show any real application.

Stung by the collapse, England's bowlers fought back and bundled out Australia for 169, Broad took 4 wickets. A strong bowling display at the second time of asking saw Australia restrict England to 189 in their second innings. A scratchy 39 from 77 balls from Ben Stokes the top score.

Now to the run chase...Australia set 347 to win made a good fist of it, but lost wickets steadily. When top scorer Doolan (90) fell to PIetersen's 5th ball AUstralia looked down and out. Then came the rearguard action...

At the close of day 4, Australia are 303-9, Lyon and Pattinson adding 30+ so far for the last wicket. 44 more to win, one wicket to get....gonna be a tense final day

In Day 5 of a thrilling first Ashes test at Adelaide Gardens. England batted first and reached 250-3 before a mid-innings collapse saw them fold in farcical circumstances for 326. Cook (103 from 170) and Bopara (81 off 111) the only batters to show any real application.

Stung by the collapse, England's bowlers fought back and bundled out Australia for 169, Broad took 4 wickets. A strong bowling display at the second time of asking saw Australia restrict England to 189 in their second innings. A scratchy 39 from 77 balls from Ben Stokes the top score.

Now to the run chase...Australia set 347 to win made a good fist of it, but lost wickets steadily. When top scorer Doolan (90) fell to PIetersen's 5th ball AUstralia looked down and out. Then came the rearguard action...

At the close of day 4, Australia are 303-9, Lyon and Pattinson adding 30+ so far for the last wicket. 44 more to win, one wicket to get....gonna be a tense final day

Nice. What difficulty are you playing on? Are you batting and bowling?[DOUBLEPOST=1412918820][/DOUBLEPOST]
3rd T20 match: Sri Lanka win but Zimbabwe take the series 2-1.

RZanlpX.png

Q3yupNT.png

A very tough run chase, I lost wickets on a regular basis and the RRR was always to much for me. I decided to put out a weakened Zimbabwe side seeing as they had already won the series.

Top 3 run scorers:

arLLfQY.png

Top 3 wicket takers:

9TsGsG2.png

Next up is the 3 match ODI series :)

Congrats on beating yourself... :D :p

Finished the second ODI Windies v India, playing as WI on Pro.

Windies finished all out in the 49th over for 232. Not a great score. Suliman Benn smashed a quick fire 32.

Bowled India out for 180. Superb bowling performance. Rampaul and Roach got three wickets each, Bravo 2 and Benn 2. India were awful, except for Dhoni who remained not out on 25.

Playing the third match now at Melbourne Stadium, had a good start with Smith and Simmons putting on 75. 29 overs in I'm 3/140.

I bat and bowl, but play as England only. I feel more involved in the drama, batting and bowling, as the game unfolds but it does get frustrating when the tail wags! Hopefully I'll get round to day 5 today!

EDIT: I play on amateur as I find bowling on pro very hard.

BOWLED HIM! Anderson removes Lyon's off stump and Australia 316 all out, England win by 30 runs. Cook won MOTM for his first innings ton, though Pattinson with 8 wickets in the match and an unbeaten 27 in the second innings will feel hard done by.

Next up, a 2 day game against Australia A

Just played a T20 on Veteran mode last night with Pakistan vs Australia at the MCG did good restricting Aus to 145/3 .. the chase started very good as Shehzad and Hafeez put on 35 without loss, after that enter Doherty who ripped Pakistan apart taking 7 wickets and others took the rest! Pak were 66 all out!!

Overall a good challenge but got pwned lol! Roll on the 2nd T20 at the SCG

Day 1 of second test at Bradman Oval. Australia won the toss and inserted England. The recalled Peter Siddle has scythed through my England X1 taking 5-70 and we're currently 228-7 at tea. A heroic, unbeaten 117 from Gary Ballance batting at 3, saved us from complete humiliation (next highest score was Prior with 26).

Ballance is in with Broad at the moment, I'll be happy if we can reach 300. Love this game :)

EDIT: 331 all out, Ballance went for 141, Anderson and Finn swung the bat adding 50+ for the last wicket.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread