Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

Its always good to see a wagon wheel with runs made all around the ground...:thumbs
Thanks. I have changed my batting style. I find it a lot easier to play all around the wicket when I hold down the right trigger and then releasing it if it is a wide ball. It has worked in the shorter formats. In the first class matches I still edge way to much, because I try and bat as quickly as my batting partner in stead of trying to bat for a long period of time. It is knock off time so it's time to go and play.

Thanks. I have changed my batting style. I find it a lot easier to play all around the wicket when I hold down the right trigger and then releasing it if it is a wide ball. It has worked in the shorter formats. In the first class matches I still edge way to much, because I try and bat as quickly as my batting partner in stead of trying to bat for a long period of time. It is knock off time so it's time to go and play.
Enjoy!!

just wanted to post this one handed catch by kohli.
The best most natural looking piece of fielding i've seen while playing.

Yes definitely. If I play on a wicket where there's not much bounce then I struggle big time.

I laughed with my daughter when I played on the low and slow pitch, because after the 30th over the other day I was hitting the ball to just about the 30 yard circle. I was picking up Singles but it wasn't very well timed shots.

Yeah I also agree that pitch condition plays a role in our scores for sure....

Do you guys know how to check the pitch type/condition once the match is under way?

That sucks. Sometime I'm on a roll or I'm struggling a lot and would like to see the pitch type/condition to figure out whether there's a pattern.
For that I would suggest you to see hawkeye and decide with the amount of bounce of a good and short length deliveries you will get the idea...That's the only way I can tell to get to know the pitch....May be a thing to add on to the next iteration list....

That sucks. Sometime I'm on a roll or I'm struggling a lot and would like to see the pitch type/condition to figure out whether there's a pattern.
That would be interesting to see. I've just decided that it must be because the ball gets older and softer and that will mean slower? Maybe it is or maybe I'm just imagining that.

Result :Match 2 - Provincial Championship
20141022_182032.jpg 20141022_182000.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1413995718][/DOUBLEPOST]I seem to only be able to bat 42 - 44 overs. Will try and bat out the 50 in match 3.

@lastig Only just fell short of victory, what happened?

Result :Match 2 - Provincial Championship
View attachment 132198 View attachment 132199[DOUBLEPOST=1413995718][/DOUBLEPOST]I seem to only be able to bat 42 - 44 overs. Will try and bat out the 50 in match 3.
Yeah I feel that was the reason to lose such a close match...Could have easily won if completed those 50 overs or did pressure got the better off you??...Anyways that seems like an awesome match....:clap

Yeah I feel that was the reason to lose such a close match...Could have easily won if completed those 50 overs or did pressure got the better off you??...Anyways that seems like an awesome match....:clap
While yuvraj was there it seemed easy and I was punishing the spinners over mid on, but when he fell it was always going to be difficult. When the last 2 came together I needed 55 of 79 balls so there was a lot of work left and I didn't think I'll get close. With 10 runs left I started believing and then I edged one to gully off the leading edge and gully took a dive forward and it stuck. Dammit, so close. 2 games played, one won by 1 wicket and one by 3 runs. Seems really exciting.

Things didn't go according to plan: Match 3
Auckland Aces v Guyana Amazon Warriors
Green, soft, wearing wicket.
20141022_214759.jpg
Will finish the match tomorrow.

Another entertaining match last night, playing as South Africa verse New Zealand. On Pro. Batting and bowling. At Bradman Oval.

New Zealand batted first and made 6/293. Williamson scored a brilliant 115 off 112 balls until he nicked to second slip off the bowling Morkel. Ronchi chimed in with 56 off 42 until he too nicked to the keeper, off Tahir. Steyn 2/48.

In reply, the openers got off to a brilliant start, posting 112 before Amla was dismissed for 51. De Kock and Du Plessis continued to apply themselves, Du Kock bringing up a brilliant 100 of 95 balls. With the equation of 111 needed off 16 overs, both Du Kock and Du Plessis fell in consecutive overs. De Villiers and Duminy put on a quick 56 in quick time before Duminy held out to long-on for 31. McClaren and DeVilliers then expertly guided South Africa home with 3 balls to spare, as SA won by 5 wickets! Trent Boult went for 83 off his ten overs.

So another 1 wicket victory. Guyana won, thanks 2 the number 10 and 11 batsmen. McLean gran ripped through the top order with a brilliant spell of opening bowling.
20141023_181000.jpg 20141023_180901.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1414081140][/DOUBLEPOST]Next up: Group B
Delhi v Multan Tigers
Diana Metropolis v Nashua Cape Cobras
Hampshire v SA Redbacks

Users who are viewing this thread