Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

Can't believe what I have done here.. Down 0-2 in the one day series vs nz, I was determined to win this.. Had to chase close to 6 runs per over and that's not easy... Chasing and veteran difficulty. I generally play pro in my career.. Started well with openers but was pegged back by couple of wickets.. Then good partnership from kohli n vijay.. That's where it took a twist and lost heap of wickets.. A little bit rear guard but two more wickets and I just had one wicket remaining.. Threw my bat and then I became cautious getting closer to target.. Nerve wrecking edges here n there.. Then there was glory.. Absolute treat.. Looking forward to leveling the series...

Attachments

• IMG_20141016_222034.jpg
    IMG_20141016_222034.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20141016_222005.jpg
    IMG_20141016_222005.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21
Started a provincial 50 over cup yesterday. First game was a thriller. It was Essex(England) v Mountaineers (Zimbabwe). I batted for both teams on pro level. It was a slow low pitch and there wasn't a lot of boundaries. Although I didn't bat out the overs I was going at 4.5 per over. Tonight I will play the second match. I am really struggling to bat with lefties, but practice makes perfect.20141020_181719.jpg20141020_231406.jpg 20141020_231430.jpg

Nice to see someone using my Zimbabwe domestic teams! :)

Nice to see someone using my Zimbabwe domestic teams! :)
To be quite honest, I have downloaded teams from all around the world and that is why I have decided to do a provincial championship with 2- Aus, 2 - SA, 2 - Ind, 2 - NZ, 2 - England, 1-WI, 1 -PAK, 1 - Ban, 1 - Zim team. It follows the format of a ODI world cup, so 2 x groups of 7 teams. It will take time to finish, but with me batting for both teams it will be fair to all teams and any team will be able to win. Hopefully the best one will prevail and I better my Batting! Later today the Highveld Lions is playing somebody. I know I am worried as the Lions have a few lefties and I such at batting with left handers. Sorry got carried away.

I've recreated the Matador BBQ's ODI series with all the Australian domestic teams, playing as WA. Round robin with a final, everyone plays each other once.

First match against Victoria I only made 186 (Bancroft hitting 78) and Victoria got there with 7 overs to spare to win by 5 wickets.

Second match and some weird things happened. I was reduced to 5/80 when Bancroft and Coulter-Nile got together to put on 50. Then it rained, so the innings was reduced to 42 overs. Coulter-Nile went berserk to make 88 and we ended up on 223. It then proceeded to rain three times in the NSW innings, eventually seeing the equation reduced to 182 off 32 overs. The third time it rained, when the players came out on the field again it magically went from 7.30pm at night to 2.30pm in the afternoon, with no further reduction in overs. We went on to win by 28 runs.

The whole D/L and rain stuff needs to be sorted out. There is nothing in the scorecards stating how many overs each innings is reduced to, or what the maximum overs each bowler can bowl. Nor are there any relative reductions to the number of overs that make up the powerplays. Plus seeing rain in broad daylight is just pathetic - surely that could have put rainclouds in the game when it rains???

Anyway, on to the third match against QLD.

So I completed the first innings of match 2 of the Provincial Championship. Highveld Lions(SA) v Punjab (Ind). Lions batted first and was going along nicely till the 40thover. Van den Dussen scored a very good century. Will continue with the Punjab innings tonight.20141021_182415.jpg20141021_180429.jpg

Next up is the 3 match ODI series :)
^It's taken me a while to start this ODI series but I finally completed the 1st match today.

1st ODI, Zimbabwe win by 3 wickets with 27 balls remaining.

LbYeYJD.png

@SpitfiresKent .Do you bat for both Sides? What level are you Playing? I have found that if I bat properly and not take too much chances, then I can bat easily between 4 and 5 per over. As soon as I try and accelerate I start losing wickets. I also find playing aggressively just cost me wickets. The thing is on pro level I find that without taking too much chances it gives a very realistic experience. If I look at your scores, it looks like you find the same.

Do you bat for both Sides?
Yes.

What level are you Playing?
Pro.

I have found that if I bat properly and not take too much chances, then I can bat easily between 4 and 5 per over. As soon as I try and accelerate I start losing wickets. I also find playing aggressively just cost me wickets. The thing is on pro level I find that without taking too much chances it gives a very realistic experience. If I look at your scores, it looks like you find the same.
Yeah I see what you're saying. The Sri Lankan innings was played over a week ago and I played the Zimbabwean innings today so it took a few overs to get into the groove of things. I think if I were chasing 270+ then I would have struggled given the circumstances.

@SpitfiresKent . That is true, I will tonight bat the Punjab innings in my tournament and they are chasing 270, so that will be very difficult. That is why I try to complete a match when I play, but the champions league football got in the way last night. I just hope I am on my game tonight, otherwise I might be bowled out quickly.

Do you find playing on different pitches to play a big roll in the scores you get. In this tournament I am trying to set the conditions as it would be for whoever is the home team, hence playing at home with the Highveld Lions (Wanderers) it will be a quick pristine pitch. The score I got was 55 tuns more than I got the previous day on a slow and low pitch.

Do you find playing on different pitches to play a big roll in the scores you get.
Yes definitely. If I play on a wicket where there's not much bounce then I struggle big time.

Yes definitely. If I play on a wicket where there's not much bounce then I struggle big time.
I laughed with my daughter when I played on the low and slow pitch, because after the 30th over the other day I was hitting the ball to just about the 30 yard circle. I was picking up Singles but it wasn't very well timed shots.

Yeah I also agree that pitch condition plays a role in our scores for sure....
What I really like about the game when you bat with both sides is that you can really adapt to the match situation. If you have to bat a 4 per over you have got room to defend the good balls. In my innings yesterday where I scored a hundred, I edged the balls 5 times and luckily it kept being just wide of the slips and gully.
20141021_180422.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1413984292][/DOUBLEPOST]I do really struggle with left hand fast bowlers coming over the wicket and right hand fast bowlers coming round. Sooner or later I will get bowl round my legs or edge one.

What I really like about the game when you bat with both sides is that you can really adapt to the match situation. If you have to bat a 4 per over you have got room to defend the good balls. In my innings yesterday where I scored a hundred, I edged the balls 5 times and luckily it kept being just wide of the slips and gully.
View attachment 132195[DOUBLEPOST=1413984292][/DOUBLEPOST]I do really struggle with left hand fast bowlers coming over the wicket and right hand fast bowlers coming round. Sooner or later I will get bowl round my legs or edge one.
Its always good to see a wagon wheel with runs made all around the ground...:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread