Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

Never gets tired to watch a wagon wheel scored all around the ground....:D

@SpitfiresKent . It must have felt great to have only lost 2 wickets in the first 40. This weekend my tournament stood still, but if we do not have loads heading I will continue tonight. I will also try and bat responsibly. It is better to get to 235/245 than to be 180 all out in 35 overs.

Yeah that seems to be a very good partnership...:clap @SpitfiresKent Keep going...Now Veteran level is not far off...;)

Never gets tired to watch a wagon wheel scored all around the ground....:D

Yeah that seems to be a very good partnership...:clap @SpitfiresKent Keep going...Now Veteran level is not far off...;)
I have also had matches where I start to feel I am getting to good for pro level just to be brought down to earth with a bang in the next innings. The lbw and bowled dismissals has replaced the caught behind one. I get out to those two dismissals 80% now. But at least then I know it was my own fault. Against spinners it is because I play around my front pad quite often and because I played cricket myself I know that sooner or later you will miss a straight one and be trapped in front.

I have also had matches where I start to feel I am getting to good for pro level just to be brought down to earth with a bang in the next innings. The lbw and bowled dismissals has replaced the caught behind one. I get out to those two dismissals 80% now. But at least then I know it was my own fault. Against spinners it is because I play around my front pad quite often and because I played cricket myself I know that sooner or later you will miss a straight one and be trapped in front.
Yeah that's there, a straighter delivery causes trouble most of the time than the other variations in the game...

Yeah that's there, a straighter delivery causes trouble most of the time than the other variations in the game...
I just hope I am on my game tonight so I can have a good innings. Since I scored those 2 scores of 300 in one match by batting has gone to pieces. I think it's because I am trying to force the issue to much. Maybe I must just go back to being careful first and bat at a 70-80 strike rate.

I just hope I am on my game tonight so I can have a good innings. Since I scored those 2 scores of 300 in one match by batting has gone to pieces. I think it's because I am trying to force the issue to much. Maybe I must just go back to being careful first and bat at a 70-80 strike rate.
All the best...Enjoy the game!!!

3rd ODI: Sri Lanka win by 31 runs and take the series 2-1.

Q3Mxu2i.png

What a great match this was. At 109/6 I was convinced that the game was over but a century partnership from Chigumbura & Waller took that game into the last 10 overs and the asking rate was only 6rpo (very doable) but I lost wickets at crucial moments and the game was gone.

BXib7XB.png

SlS583e.png

Top 3 run scorers:

tH00Svc.png

Top 3 wicket takers:

kjHDiS0.png

So that's this tour over and done with. Not sure what tour I should play next. Suggestions?

Some associate stuff: perhaps a Scotland/Ireland series including a test match?

So my trend of losing wickets early and then having one big partnership continued. In the Hampshire innings I took things slowly, fell behind the run rate and lost wickets at crucial stages and eventually ran out of wickets.
20141103_213535.jpg 20141103_230845.jpg

So how many teams qualify from each group?

So how many teams qualify from each group?
I think it is the top 4 in each group go into a knock out stage. Then I would assume it will be A1 v B4, A2 v B3, A3 v B2 and A4 v B1. It is however a learning curve for me too. Tonight is SA Redbacks v Nashua Cape Cobras. It is Champions league football though.

@lastig, what's the point system for the league? I see teams with 4, 6, 8 or 10 points after playing 1 or 2 games.

@lastig, what's the point system for the league? I see teams with 4, 6, 8 or 10 points after playing 1 or 2 games.
That is a brilliant question. It seems to be giving 2 points to every team in every round. It doesn't really make sense, but in the end it will be the teams that win the most that will finish at the top.

Users who are viewing this thread