Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

Provincial Champs Pool B: SA Redbacks v Canterbury Wizards

I only had time for one innings yesterday and for the biggest I was batting at just over 3 runs per over. I lost 7/108 before I knuckled down and tried to just bat through the overs. I was terrible in the first half of the innings, but Adam Zampa was brilliant, especially in the last 10 overs.
20141110_220504.jpg

You'd think that you would've got the hang of 50 over cricket by now...seems not :p

You'd think that you would've got the hang of 50 over cricket by now...seems not :p
That is true, but it's the damn lbw and bowled dismissals. Although Canterbury got me nicking to the keeper 3 of the first 4 wickets. I have noticed that once I lose 4 quick ones I tend to bat brilliantly with the middle and lower order. BTW I'm not even half way through this tournament. If I can stop drinking over weekends I should be able to finish quicker, because this isn't a game you can play under the influence.

True that @lastig,,,this isn't a game to be played when not in the right frame of mind, I tend to play it after a loong day and find myself dozing while playing, to be woken by the sound of stumps or appeals,,,it needs one to be fresh

@Gentoras . True that. For instance, last night I was tired and I just could not concentrate. I do not want to tick people of by playing poorly with their supported team, but at the same time I want to try and play one match every day. Otherwise the tournament will be going for ever.

I allocated overs per match I play, that keeps me wanting to go back for more,,,not unless I get out of course, in a test match, I would want to bat for 20/30 overs before I can switch off the machine

I allocated overs per match I play, that keeps me wanting to go back for more,,,not unless I get out of course, in a test match, I would want to bat for 20/30 overs before I can switch off the machine
I picked the 50 over format, because I can play an innings in 1:30 hours. I do not see 20/20 as cricket. The longer format will just take forever to complete. I have racked up loads of hours since 4 April and since I've started this tournament I've stopped playing MLB: The show. For me batting for both teams is challenging. I love playing against myself. Lol!

Yeah! I also dont like T20 matches, well I play career most of the time, and enjoy test and ODI more, cos that's where I can build my innings, T20 you walk in and hit from from ball 1

I recently bought Fifa15, but it was not long before I took it out of the machine and put back DBC14, the game that owns my PS3

I don't even take the game out of the machine anymore. In the afternoon when I get home from work I try and squeeze in 30 overs before I must start making food for the children and when they go to bed it's me and DBC again. It's funny because in career mode I am better at t20 than any other format. Well that was before I learned to play patient innings in tournament mode.

Now I can't wait to get home and play,,,I so wish she doesn't suggest a sleep over tonight

I am also single but dating,,,recently bought a house and enjoy the space, but not on weekends, cos she's here

There's nothing I hate than chopping the ball onto the stumps,,,yeeerrrrrr! I understand being bowled or edging, I was going nicely last night until I chopped one, I called it a night

I hate getting out lbw. Especially against the spinners, cause I tend to play around the pad quite often. That seems to be the only way to score of them.

It is such a great testament for the depth of this game that we are still trying to get the hang of it! We complained for years that every cricket game was kind of done within a few hours of playing. I find myself telling myself: okay this time concentrate....middle stump is defensive push or straight, wait for the bad ball, wait for the bad ball.....and then the bowler lobs in a ball that stays low and has me trapped in front and I am gone for 34 again.......it really is a very good game with masses of possibilities and longetivety....

I rememeber when Ashes 09 came out and how good I thought it was: after one game online and half an hour playing I realised how predicatable and boring it was: just see those fielders stand there as the ball rolls solemnly over the rope for a boundary.

With this game I am thinking cricket: where is the next run coming from? How to build a partenership? Okay, five overs of getting the new batsmen in. Dont play across the line to this bowler...etcetera etcetera etcetera, just thinking cricket.....admittedly this is when batting. I love seeing those AI fields straining themselves to cut off the ball or to get it back quickly. Sublime to see that forlorn dive of point as you at last manage to hammer a wide ball for four...Drooling over the replay again and again and again....wonderful stuff.

Yes, Bowling and AI decisionmaking needs to be tuned but they have acheived that with the human batting experience and I am sure they will do so with the other things in the game but at the moment I still have so much joy with this game!

Last edited by a moderator:
I
It is such a great testament for the depth of this game that we are still trying to get the hang of it! We complained for years that every cricket game was kind of done within a few hours of playing. I find myself telling myself: okay this time concentrate....middle stump is defensive push or straight, wait for the bad ball, wait for the bad ball.....and then the bowler lobs in a ball that stays low and has me trapped in front and I am gone for 34 again.......it really is a very good game with masses of possibilities and longetivety....

I rememeber when Ashes 09 came out and how good I thought it was: after one game online and half an hour playing I realised how predicatable and boring it was: just see those fielders stand there as the ball rolls solemnly over the rope for a boundary.

With this game I am thinking cricket: where is the next run coming from? How to build a partenership? Okay, five overs of getting the new batsmen in. Dont play across the line to this bowler...etcetera etcetera etcetera, just thinking cricket.....admittedly this is when batting. I love seeing those AI fields straining themselves to cut off the ball or to get it back quickly. Sublime to see that forlorn dive of point as you at last manage to hammer a wide ball for four...Drooling over the replay again and again and again....wonderful stuff.

Yes, Bowling and AI decisionmaking needs to be tuned but they have acheived that with the human batting experience and I am sure they will do so with the other things in the game but at the moment I still have so much joy with this game!
I cannot agree more. It's fun batting and this is the first cricket game where run rates seems to be spot on. The enjoyment is immense. I also think in time the AI and bowling will be sorted out and we will be on here ranting and raving.

Users who are viewing this thread