Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

Your strike rates are pretty high I've noticed, is this because you feel that the attacking strokes are more forgiving than the defensive ones? Because I've discovered that if I try sticking around blocking like a @blockerdave then i'm more likely to edge one behind whereas if I attack the bowling I am less likely to get out.

Your strike rates are pretty high I've noticed, is this because you feel that the attacking strokes are more forgiving than the defensive ones? Because I've discovered that if I try sticking around blocking like a @blockerdave then i'm more likely to edge one behind whereas if I attack the bowling I am less likely to get out.
Ya i have become a bit more attacking than my usual blocking style, but i still block or leave a lot, except i make up for it with boundaries when i get the chance, also it depends on the batsman for example dhoni being a brute i found him to play better when im on attack whenever i tried defending with him i always got low scores with him, generally getting that first 30 is hard then im able to score more freely was gutted when cook got out after all the hard work ENG at one stage were 30-0 of 10 overs but i underestimated bhuvi's slow medium pace and got out.what i have found is with blocking you have to keep scoring in between to keep the AI from attacking you too much around the stumps as blocking also seems to get the bowler's confidence up.

The ideal thing would be to find a fine balance between attack and blocking, neither when used exclusively have given me proper results. The biggest problem while blocking fully is sometimes i get too eager to pick a loose delivery to score and get out playing the wrong shot for the wrong ball.

Even I don't defend at all as I find normal shots are the way to go....I rarely use aggressive trigger as I find using the gaps to score runs better and effective but once the confidence level is high then attempting slogs is easier...

Just finished the first game of my Barbarians tour of Africa where they will play a number of Associate nations - first up, a T20 against Uganda.

Uganda won the toss and chose to bat first.

Masaba and Sematimba got off to a fine start, posting an opening partnership of 46 in quick time, before Bart King got Masaba caught behind by Niall O'Brien in the 5th over. In the 6th over Vince Van der Bijl trapped Musoke plumb LBW for 4 to peg Uganda back to 53 for 2.

In his second over, the 10th of the innings, Alex Tudor got Sematibia out caught in the deep by Wilf Rhodes, to leave Uganda 78 for 3 at the half way stage, looking quite a way from a commanding total.

At this stage, the spinners - Wilf Rhodes and captain Dave Connors - began to peg the scoring rate back as they each bowled out their 4 overs, although neither could make the breakthrough they wanted as Nsubuga and Waiswa put on a 50 partnership.

Bringing Tudor back into the attack paid off immediately as he induced the edge from Nsubuga to get his second wicket and end the partnership at 51, Nsubuga caught behind for 43.

With Tudor bowling just short of a length and generating good bounce, and Connors completing his 4 economical overs Uganda went into the final over on just 149/4 and it appeared as if their chances of setting a challenging target were over. However, while Van Der Bilj attempted to copy Tudor's short length and get steepling bounce, his line was all wrong and both Okia and Waiswa punished him, getting 26 off the over meaning Uganda finished with 175/4 and Waiswa top scored with 46.

UGInns.png

The Barbarians reply got off to a slow start, the first over going for just 5 runs, including a wide, before Graeme Hick smashed 18 off the second over. However, to the first ball of the 3rd over O'Brien was out caught behind for just 4 off the bowling of Muhumuza.

Despite a quick scoring rate, with Hick and Richie Richardson adding 21 runs in no time, Hick was dismissed for 28 in the 5th over, also by Muhumuza.

The theme of quick runs but regular wickets went throughout the innings, with Richardson falling for 19 off 12 balls, Sheridan Raynor 24 from 19, and Tom Hayward for just 9 from 7 to leave the Barbarians reeling at just 101/5.

Kim Hughes and Connors rebuilt, sharing the innings' largest partnership of 35, but Hughes was dismissed playing on for 30 from 17, and Connors was out shortly after for 26 from 15 to leave the Barbarians 146 for 7 and with 30 runs still needed for victory.

Things went from bad to worse as both King and Rhodes fell cheaply to leave the Barbarians 149/9 needing 27 from 29 balls. Uganda scented a famous upset against some stellar names.

Amazingly, Tudor and Van der Bil remained calm, and after Sempijja overstepped allowing Tudor to smash an enormous 6 off the free hit on the way to 13 off the over, the Barbarians began to get close. Van der Bijl also hit two leg glances wide of the short fine leg that went away for 4, before a stunning reverse sweep for 4 brought up victory with one wicket and 12 balls remaining.

BRBInns.png

Okia was named man of the match for his 4/33 that had given Uganda such a sniff of a famous victory. Tudor can probably count himself unlucky that his 2/29 and 13 from 9 balls to see the Barbarians home didn't sway the judges.

UGvBRB.png

The Barbarians now go into a triangular T20 tournament involving Zimbabwe and Kenya.

Just completed this Test match which lasted just under 2 days (due to my poor batting).

W24oBI2.png

Just completed this Test match which lasted just under 2 days (due to my poor batting).

W24oBI2.png
Looks like a good match seeing the score card...Now try a match at pro or veteran and see how it goes...Wanna see how much you manage at that level...;)

Had a great warm up 50 over match in the IND-ENG tour vs middlesex.[Difficulty:Legend]
Middlesex batted first [simulated it] and the AI scored 170 with sirji taking a 5 wicket haul,

When India turn came to bat we were cocky and confident of chasing the low total easily ,after all we had just won the test series in the tour.
But the middlesex slow pie chuckers had different plans with ball swing around they snared the wickets of openers Nohit sharma and dhawan early and then kohli came in and played like the rockstart he is putting on a show before he played early to a slow delivery and got trapped lbw, then suddenly out of nowhere middlessex spinners patel and rayner started spinning a web with rayner controlling at one end while patel snared 3 wickets at the other end and the scorecard read

88-6 with dhoni gone and India was staring at an embarrassing defeat after winning the test series, thats when SIR ji walked in and took control of the game , he grinded it out with ashwin, playing his attacking shots when there was a loose ball but seeing of the danger bowlers as he guided first ashwin and then BK at the other end.Once ashwin got out sirji and BK fended of a few overs before switching gears again and taking the team to a victory without further damage.

Sir ji got a well earned motm award after staring both with bat and ball.If the warmup match was anything to go by ind has to be weary going in to the first ODI match against ENG especially sharma and raina who werent part of the test series need to buckle up.

warmup.png

Had a great warm up 50 over match in the IND-ENG tour vs middlesex.[Difficulty:Legend]
Middlesex batted first [simulated it] and the AI scored 170 with sirji taking a 5 wicket haul,

When India turn came to bat we were cocky and confident of chasing the low total easily ,after all we had just won the test series in the tour.
But the middlesex slow pie chuckers had different plans with ball swing around they snared the wickets of openers Nohit sharma and dhawan early and then kohli came in and played like the rockstart he is putting on a show before he played early to a slow delivery and got trapped lbw, then suddenly out of nowhere middlessex spinners patel and rayner started spinning a web with rayner controlling at one end while patel snared 3 wickets at the other end and the scorecard read

88-6 with dhoni gone and India was staring at an embarrassing defeat after winning the test series, thats when SIR ji walked in and took control of the game , he grinded it out with ashwin, playing his attacking shots when there was a loose ball but seeing of the danger bowlers as he guided first ashwin and then BK at the other end.Once ashwin got out sirji and BK fended of a few overs before switching gears again and taking the team to a victory without further damage.

Sir ji got a well earned motm award after staring both with bat and ball.If the warmup match was anything to go by ind has to be weary going in to the first ODI match against ENG especially sharma and raina who werent part of the test series need to buckle up.

View attachment 128733
Seems like a great match....Nice that you have played on Legend...Do you play with assists or without them??
Either way playing on legend would like to see your gameplay...

Seems like a great match....Nice that you have played on Legend...Do you play with assists or without them??
Either way playing on legend would like to see your gameplay...
i play with assists on, ya will do a vid sometime soon.

Had a match against SA in word cup group match[legend diff], till now have beat easy teams russia, ireland and WI, against SA have just completed first innings with india batting first, was tough facing of morkel and co.But some good tailend batting from bhuvi saved face and lasted 44 overs.
bk.jpg
bk1.jpg indvssaf.jpg

Had a match against SA in word cup group match[legend diff], till now have beat easy teams russia, ireland and WI, against SA have just completed first innings with india batting first, was tough facing of morkel and co.But some good tailend batting from bhuvi saved face and lasted 44 overs.
View attachment 128993
View attachment 128994 View attachment 128995
That's great mate....Good to see you have managed to last for 44 overs...:thumbs[DOUBLEPOST=1407768837][/DOUBLEPOST]Why so many LBW??

Users who are viewing this thread