Match,Tour & Competition Experiences

Couple of great wickets in a t20 against Ireland as a warm up match as part of team's tour of England.

First one about 12 overs in my fast/medium allrounder set up the batsman with a few fuller wide straight ones to the right hander that he left or played and missed. Then managed to deliver the "magic ball" outswinger on a good length pitching about middle and off and beating the forward defensive to take the top of off stump... was jumping up and down and fist pumping.

Then same bowler in the final over of the innings bowling to a left hander. Bowled another outswinger (in to the lefty) again pitching on about middle and off. The batsman tried to cut it assuming it would keep going but swung back in and took the bottom edge of the bat before bouncing to the keeper. Though I heard 2 noises so decided to appeal and was surprised to see it given - interactive replay confirmed that the ball had clipped the top of the batsman's pad just a fraction before hitting his bat and the ball would have taken the top of off...

This game has it's frustrations but when it gets it right it gets it ohhh sooo right! :cheers

...Anyway, I chased down those 219 runs inside 33 overs and I managed to score my first century in about a month :)

And here is that innings...

[YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
If it bounced to the keeper, how can it be out?

The rest sounds great.

Keep reaidng the rest of the post ;)

The slow motion replay shows that it cliped the pad before hitting the bat - so out LBW...

started a ind-eng match at veteran difficulty,after first innings not going well, was prepared for broad and anderson but stokes and plunket got through my defense.
edging a lot more in veteran, also kept loosing wickets in pairs:facepalm
attachment.php

Attachments

• indvseng.png
    indvseng.png
    194.7 KB · Views: 225
started a ind-eng match at veteran difficulty,after first innings not going well, was prepared for broad and anderson but stokes and plunket got through my defense.
edging a lot more in veteran, also kept loosing wickets in pairs:facepalm

But the positive that I would say from that scorecard is that you played for 46.3 overs which is very positive...But on the runs part you will get used to the pace of the difficulty over a period of time...:thumbs

I'm ditching the Zimbabwe Pro50 that I had going on the PS3 (hooked on the PC version now :yes).

I'm starting a very short tour of Zimbabwe with Afghanistan (I will be batting both teams innings as usual).

I've created a Zimbabwe A side for one of the warm up matches and also the current umpires which are being used in the on going real life tour.

Fixtures:

Warm up match
3 days
Zimbabwe A v Afghanistan

Test series
1st Test
Zimbabwe v Afghanistan

Test Series
2nd Test
Zimbabwe v Afghanistan

All matches to be played on Amateur difficulty.

At Lunch on Day 1 and Zimbabwe A are on top.

UOL4lzY.png

ZrirJo6.png

Was going really well at one stage and there were some nice strokes from opener Mangal.

QgYP3p5.png

I lost Mangal just before Lunch :facepalm Missed one from the spinner Nyumbu.

k4tNjRT.png

Ashraf edged behind trying to cut.

DWzdodj.png

Too many wickets lost in that first session for my liking. Hopefully the lower order batsmen can stick around and Shenwari can get a few more runs.

Afghanistan didn't last very long after lunch and were all out for 134.

py5hDnV.png

Shenwari top scoring with 43 (61)

5vzBixo.png

Manatsa took 5 for 31

ZrHzjvI.png

Zimbabwe A's innings to follow...

Afghanistan didn't last very long after lunch and were all out for 134.

Shenwari top scoring with 43 (61)

Manatsa took 5 for 31

Zimbabwe A's innings to follow...

Looking forward to that....:D

Tea on Day 1 and Zimbabwe A have collapsed to 68/7. All of the top 3 batsmen were out driving on the up and being caught by Mangal in the cover region (an error on my part :facepalm).

gDzaL76.png

IRscW43.png

I'll need both Mboyi and Garwe to build on this current 20 run partnership if i'm to get close to Afghanistan's 1st innings score.

Zimbabwe A's lower order fight back against Afghanistan to post 127 all out (7 runs behind).

GuGgvwo.png

kCBJGn5.png

Thabo Mboyi scored a crucial half century for his side...

kKzbDck.png

...He finished on 56* (68)

9zJULYN.png

Whilst for Afghanistan Ahmadzai took 4 wickets for 34.

uK6XrFi.png

There's 1 hour of play left on Day 1. Afghanistan will hope to get through unscathed.

Users who are viewing this thread