Mindstorm Studios develops official game for Cricket World Cup 2011

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
guys have u thought they mite be puting more time and effort into it to make it good lets just wait and see cricket games take time they mite be fixing bugs i wish they would say what they are doing tho like news.

I get your point. Even if they are working on it, the website should atleast mention coming soon. At present, they seem to be having certain problems which have been left unsolved for a long time.

P

pcfan123

Fixing bugs? no amount of bug fixing or touching up will make this game presentable and bring it up to modern standards.

Cricket games will always remain crap until the Indian middle class gets some more spending power and we start to see sales in the millions in India. That is the key, until then we will be strung along with sub-par and pathetic excuses for modern video games.

10 more years I'd say until we have something respectable.

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Fixing bugs? no amount of bug fixing or touching up will make this game presentable and bring it up to modern standards.

Cricket games will always remain crap until the Indian middle class gets some more spending power and we start to see sales in the millions in India. That is the key, until then we will be strung along with sub-par and pathetic excuses for modern video games.

Indian middle class has the spending power,which is why BCCI is the richest cricket board but still spending Rs.2000-3000 on a game seems unacceptable to most which is understandable.The gaming industry need to look at this quantitatively, they need to price their products a little lower here and they would still make a neat sum just due to the sheer numbers.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Harsha Bhogle once put it that "We are a tiny sport" He was right. I also tend to think that after 10 years we will get a really good and realistic cricket game.

International Coach
Harsha Bhogle once put it that "We are a tiny sport" He was right. I also tend to think that after 10 years we will get a really good and realistic cricket game.

We thought the same more than 10 years back when BLC99 released,

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India

We don't need to wait for 10 long years, if the one producing it would use bit of brain.

One thing what I want to say is the one producing (Especially EA and Codies) the game must reduce the cost of the disc to 100 INR, so that everyone can afford. If that is situation, everyone would throw away 100 bucks and get a game, rather than downloading the pirated for days/ buying the pirated discs for 100 bucks.

They'll get their profit cause the sales will be in millions and what they need to spend is just a DVD and a cover for it, which hardly costs them INR 10! Seriously, one would take an internet connection (500 INR), download the game by waiting for 2 long days rather than spending 2000 INR for a game.

PS: I bought original versions of C07, AC09 and GTA IV and all the others I played are freeware games/ Demo versions.

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
We don't need to wait for 10 long years, if the one producing it would use bit of brain.

One thing what I want to say is the one producing (Especially EA and Codies) the game must reduce the cost of the disc to 100 INR, so that everyone can afford. If that is situation, everyone would throw away 100 bucks and get a game, rather than downloading the pirated for days/ buying the pirated discs for 100 bucks.

They'll get their profit cause the sales will be in millions and what they need to spend is just a DVD and a cover for it, which hardly costs them INR 10! Seriously, one would take an internet connection (500 INR), download the game by waiting for 2 long days rather than spending 2000 INR for a game.

PS: I bought original versions of C07, AC09 and GTA IV and all the others I played are freeware games/ Demo versions.

Completely Agree with You!!! Middle Class Indians cannot spend 10% of their total salary on buying one game and that to Crap!!!

International Coach

Rs.100???you must be kidding!!!!

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Stopping piracy is like telling the masses to get off drugs. Not going to happen

Even if they make a game and sell it for 100 bucks there will still be piracy and would be selling it for half or even quarter of that price. People with better connection can download it in less then an hour without having to go to store or pay for shipping.

They cannot block the piracy but they can block the pirates from getting online. CR did that even if online sucked. Thats possible. EA and Codies should make an effort to do that.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Wonder

We thought the same more than 10 years back when BLC99 released,

True, And I am still wondering what went wrong in after that? Why codemasters couldn't build on BLC 99. BLC 99 was ahead of its time. In my view, The ingredients which BLC 99 had, no other game has them still. BLC 99 is still the best cricket game of all times. Ofcourse IC 10 suprasses when it comes to graphics but it has never the realism of BLC 1999.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Even I bought GTA IV just for the fact that it was priced at Rs. 500, so deserved a purchase. :)

International Coach
Even I bought GTA IV just for the fact that it was priced at Rs. 500, so deserved a purchase. :)

I think same was the case with ashes 2009, Rs.499 was very very reasonable and a lot of people went for it. I think anything in the rage of 500-1500 will see pretty good sales.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think same was the case with ashes 2009, Rs.499 was very very reasonable and a lot of people went for it.
I had purchased the games together. I thought that Ashes Cricket 09 would be of Rs. 999, but when I saw that both (GTA IV and Ashes) are for Rs. 499 each, I purchased both.

Reasonable prices can certainly increase the sales considerably.

FAM0422

School Cricketer
Manny Pacquiao to star in Abu Dhabi-made video game - The National

Found this article about cricket power with some company promoting the game but its not Mindstorm studios :S

Extracts from article

A newly formed video games developer based in Abu Dhabi plans to create titles featuring characters as diverse as boxer Manny Pacquiao and figures from the children's comic Majid.

Karkadann Games, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi Media Company (ADMC) which launched this month, will publish a number of titles aimed at the casual gamer.

Its first game Cricket Power: ICC World Cup 2011, which is developed through a license deal with the International Cricket Council, will be released in February.

"Gaming is currently the fastest growing entertainment sector worldwide," said ADMC's chief executive Edward Borgerding. "Karkadann Games represents a strategic addition to our existing media entertainment offering and a new milestone of audience engagement."

David Ortiz, the general manager of Karkadann, said that the cricket title will be a browser-based online game, and will sell at around US$9.99.

The English-language game was created under licensed from the Dubai-headquartered International Cricket Council (ICC), which will also help market the title.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I dont thing reduction in price would remove piracy. Piracy is in the mindset. Its the mindset that if i can get it for free then why would i spend even a single buck for it.
Here is a little logic for everyone, most of the modern games require a decent PC to play games. Entry level PC are not capable of running them. So they need to spend atleast $1000 for a decent gaming PC. Now just think about it, if a person can afford a $1000 PC, can't he afford a $50 game? There's your answer.

I think government should be make people more aware of the situation. I dont think a lot of population in India is aware of the effort that goes into developing a game. There are some of my friends two buy every genuine software for PC but when it comes to games they say,"Why do we have to pay for this, its just a game" Thats when i have to explain them the long process and amount of people involved in a game development. I think big budget game has same number of people as a big budget hollywood movie.
So it is necessary for people to realize that they are actually affecting someones livelihood.

P.S: I've downloaded the "Mass Effect 2" from torrents last year but it was only because it came on torrents 2 weeks before it was available in India. I finished the game and then bought it ;) It was available for 1900 INR. If ever there was a game that deserve 2000INR this was that game. Absolutely stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread