Codemasters Next World Cup Cricket Title Rumour?

Lee1981

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
pc gaming= old school= rubbish

console= present day= best gaming

pc version= pirating (simple equation)

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Well if its down to bad sales, will that spell the end for codies? Or is it likely we'll see an IC2012.

----------

Actual reason for

Poor Sales = Less Improvement:D

That being a good point, ide have to say more of not being able to play online.

Lee1981

International Coach
It may sound stupid but i dont think the quality of game really comes into it, most of us here will buy the next one total regardless of content or whatever, we dont get many new releases so we will snap it up.

The problem is the market is so small, i really cant see any company making money from a game series, i honestly dont see a codies game coming for a long time now.

P

pcfan123

I disagree, the quality of the game is precisely why it failed. Many people bought AC09, but a lot fewer went for IC10 because it was basically patches AC09 and a new camera angle.

If they try this crap again then even fewer people will buy the next one. I for one am done buying cricket games. I might pick one up in 5-10 years when they are comparable to The Show 07.

Lee1981

International Coach
Look at fifa to me its an average game and each year there is little to no improvement when a new one is released, but it dont matter people love playing it regardless.
The difference is fifa has a massive target audience, they know each year they are gauranteed the same or more profit than the year before coming from a game barely improved, in my opinon is worse than the year before

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Wouldnt it just be better to release a game around every world cup time? The build up and hype to such a great competion would be enough to make good sales figures. Wouldnt it?!

Last edited:

carter2241

Club Cricketer
The Best thing they can do i think, Is just make another Brian Lara Cricket 99, :D, and just update it, to look really modern :P. Would be good. or the most cheapest way, just make a console and pc copy of BLC99, dont change anything, just update graphics.

I aint got a clue whats gonna happen in the end thougj

deep007ism

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Look at fifa to me its an average game and each year there is little to no improvement when a new one is released, but it dont matter people love playing it regardless.
The difference is fifa has a massive target audience, they know each year they are gauranteed the same or more profit than the year before coming from a game barely improved, in my opinon is worse than the year before

you are wrong fifa 10 didn't got a pretty sale but they improved fifa 11 and everyone can see the result.........;)

Lee1981

International Coach
you are wrong fifa 10 didn't got a pretty sale but they improved fifa 11 and everyone can see the result.........;)

It makes no difference how much or how little improvement is made, if you own a copy of fifa and liked it you will buy the next one no matter what unless of course you cant afford it.

I dont think fifa has improved tbh feels the same as 09, and ashes 09 is arguably more playable than ic10, we buy it in hope that it will be everything we feel it should be and get let down and it will happen for the next few years aswell..

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
It makes no difference how much or how little improvement is made, if you own a copy of fifa and liked it you will buy the next one no matter what unless of course you cant afford it.

I dont think fifa has improved tbh feels the same as 09, and ashes 09 is arguably more playable than ic10, we buy it in hope that it will be everything we feel it should be and get let down and it will happen for the next few years aswell..

Thats cos we set the bar to high. We have every right to do that of course, but they just dont have the same budget for a cricket game as they do for the fifa franchise. I have always said all along we should be carefull what we wish for by saying codemasters should give up. Cos as proven, if they do, then we have nothing. I know i would have bought an IC2011 even if it was a patched IC2010 with slight improvements. Simply cos i love cricket and there is nothing else out there. If you can get through a match on IC2010 without being disconected then its very enjoyable. That is if you play against someone who actually knows how to play the game properly and not just slog it. :facepalm

Watson33

Club Cricketer
Once the licenses contract runs out on EA, then Codemasters should snap it up, because lets be honest, Codemasters make very good cricket games. They just need to adress the bugs in IC2010 before making any add-ons. Tbh, I'd be more likely to buy IC2011 if they turn round and say "We haven't added anything, but the bugs from IC2010 have been fixed". They need a solid, bug-free game first. It's like FIFA, they keep adding stuff on to it without mixing, and thats why the Career Mode on it is always broke. Fixed IC2010 as IC2011 would do me for another year, than develop on the fixed IC2010 for IC2012 in time for the Ashes and then Codies will reap the rewards. Oh and get the licensed when they run out from EA!

Gone4aDuck

International Coach
Once the licenses contract runs out on EA, then Codemasters should snap it up, because lets be honest, Codemasters make very good cricket games. They just need to adress the bugs in IC2010 before making any add-ons. Tbh, I'd be more likely to buy IC2011 if they turn round and say "We haven't added anything, but the bugs from IC2010 have been fixed". They need a solid, bug-free game first. It's like FIFA, they keep adding stuff on to it without mixing, and thats why the Career Mode on it is always broke. Fixed IC2010 as IC2011 would do me for another year, than develop on the fixed IC2010 for IC2012 in time for the Ashes and then Codies will reap the rewards. Oh and get the licensed when they run out from EA!

But thats just a patch! They could just release a patch on live or PS home to fix those problems. Ide pay 400 xbox credits for it! I have e-mailed codemasters asking why we the paying customers have been shafted as far as playing online goes. But suprise suprise......no reply! :mad

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
pc gaming= old school= rubbish

console= present day= best gaming

pc version= pirating (simple equation)

This is general misconception. Most of the XBOX games leak well before their release date. And PS3 has been cracked too so there will be piracy on PS3 too. So saying that piracy is just because PC version is insane and foolish.

PC = Old School and rubbish? It may be old school but it is not rubbish by any means. And which is the most successful game in the world at present?

Answer is WOW. And it happens to be on PC not the consoles.
Console=present day=old hardware=easy gamin (not the best gaming)

On the topic again, I think someone would definitely release a Cricket game in 2011. Because its the World Cup. They would wanna tap in to the hype.

Users who are viewing this thread