Mobile apps discussion

Dolphin Browser HD is god sent and more importantly it has Exit button to close the bowser. It's my default browser now and only use Skyfire if I need to watch any video online.

Is there a way to download the apps onto the SD card? I've got hardly any memory on the phone itself so can download no more apps, whereas on my SD card I have 1.5gb left.

I've got a HTC Wildfire btw.

You will have to root your phone and enter some commands for "Apps to SD" application in order to have this option on Android 2.1

Its very geeky kind of thing so I have avoided it till now unless guys at XDA come up with easy option.

Is there a way to download the apps onto the SD card? I've got hardly any memory on the phone itself so can download no more apps, whereas on my SD card I have 1.5gb left.

I've got a HTC Wildfire btw.

I use an HTC Wildfire as well. This issue will be resolved in Android 2.2 (Froyo) update which is planned to release pretty soon.

----

I've only used a handful of applications at the moment. Out of them, the one's I'd recommend are:

Advanced Task Killer
Tom - The Talking Cat

The first one is rather an important app. to have, while the second one falls in the fun category.

I use an HTC Wildfire as well. This issue will be resolved in Android 2.2 (Froyo) update which is planned to release pretty soon.

----

I've only used a handful of applications at the moment. Out of them, the one's I'd recommend are:

Advanced Task Killer
Tom - The Talking Cat

The first one is rather an important app. to have, while the second one falls in the fun category.

Cheers mate. The talking cat is so childish but still funny :D

I only have ebuddy and facebook and I'm low on space.

What exactly does the advanced task killer do? I'm no techy guy so I stayed away from it.

What exactly does the advanced task killer do? I'm no techy guy so I stayed away from it.

It's pretty much like the Task Manager. You can close applications that are running in the background. I find it quite useful, considering most of the apps. in Android don't have an exit button.

Yeah I've been wondering for ages what happened to all those apps. I've just been pressing back hoping they closed but I wasn't really sure they did.

You don't need task killer for that. Go to Setting-Application-Manage Application-Filter-Running and close anyone you don't want. This way you can free up some cache as well.

Moreover, Android is designed like this specifically. It automatically manages resources. You "shouldn't" be needing to close applications like this, which is why it didn't have a task manager before the 2.2 version.

Always thought why people play Angry Birds game till I installed it today and have been playing it in free time.

I'm stuck on a level... I'm addicted... and I have final exams from Monday. :(

And by the way, for guitar players out there, I just found this "Gstrings" app. Awesome for tuning your guitar!

Paper Toss is another small yet highly addictive game!

Any iPhone users? Lol doesn't matter. Got NFS Hot Pursuit for my iPhone. $5 for first day buy. But Tell ya what. It isn't a child's play. The gear is as real as it gets. I'm impressed as always. ` Recommend for all fellas who wanna TP. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread