Mobile apps discussion

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I do play Guitar, Piano, Drums and Keyboard for fun. Get two three guys with Adroid phone and you can create ruckus. :lol

KBC

Panel of Selectors
I have apps on my Ipod Touch, and I've played NFS underground. It was a pretty good game.

You mean Undercover. :P

Good news! Getting an Android tablet this weekend. Waiting for it eagerly. My brother gave it a try, mind you, He's an apple freak, And I'm relatively an apple freak too but still am biased for an android taste. So he sent it over to me. Probably should be in the middle east now. Can't wait! XD

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
You mean Undercover. :P

Good news! Getting an Android tablet this weekend. Waiting for it eagerly. My brother gave it a try, mind you, He's an apple freak, And I'm relatively an apple freak too but still am biased for an android taste. So he sent it over to me. Probably should be in the middle east now. Can't wait! XD

Which one are you getting?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Frirefox has released browser for Android. Used it for some time but not found anything useful. Back to Dolphin HD.

SciD added 3 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Here is QR code for scanning:

qr-code.png

Pranav

ICC Board Member
I would recommend the following ones:

Applications:
  • Google Goggles
  • Google Sky Map
  • Go! Chat (Facebook Chat)
  • Linda File Manager (it's way better than Astro File Manager)
  • Metal Detector
  • PhotoFunia
  • Shazam
  • SlideIT (much better than Swype)
Games:
  • 2 Player Reactor
  • What the Doodle!?

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Any good GPS software for Android? I'm looking for the ones with pre-installed maps for India.
I tried out N-Drive and Sygic on my Windows Mobile, found them quite good.. just wondering if there are any better options for Android.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Wouldn't it be a good thing to change the title to Apple/Android apps or something along those lines? I'm searching for a place to unleash my apple apps talk. ;P

KBC added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Which one are you getting?

Maylong M150. It's great. Good for a bookworm like me. I've had it for 2 weeks but still a mess to get used to the UI. Too much for an Apple freak! :p The only loopholes I see on the other side are lack of video play/optimization, and overheats a bit. Great for $100.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Any good GPS software for Android? I'm looking for the ones with pre-installed maps for India.
I tried out N-Drive and Sygic on my Windows Mobile, found them quite good.. just wondering if there are any better options for Android.

Wisepilot.

Its paid app though.

SciD added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Wouldn't it be a good thing to change the title to Apple/Android apps or something along those lines? I'm searching for a place to unleash my apple apps talk. ;P

KBC added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Maylong M150. It's great. Good for a bookworm like me. I've had it for 2 weeks but still a mess to get used to the UI. Too much for an Apple freak! :p The only loopholes I see on the other side are lack of video play/optimization, and overheats a bit. Great for $100.

Install RockPlayer. It will play most video formats.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Wisepilot.

Its paid app though.

SciD added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Install RockPlayer. It will play most video formats.

Well hmm, I will try. :) The thing is it won't connect to wi-fi. It's fine on iPhone but on the tablet it does say it's connected but it won't load anything on the browser. I'm fixing that up. There were a few problems with the IP type recently.

Anyways, wanna change the title? The other mobile apps sounds as if a minority space is given to talk of them. l:p

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Since I have very little access to my laptop and internet I had to do most of my official work on mobile. Emails were fine so had to purchase Quickoffice app for editing Office files. If anyone wants it then its currently available at 50% price.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Who changed this thread's name to Mobile apps discussion? The earlier name was rather fine! :p

HTC just released the Froyo (Android 2.2) update for their Wildfire. I am in the process of downloading it. Will tell you how it goes about, but later. Also, if anyone didn't notice, the Android Market also got updated a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Not much difference in 2.2 and 2.1 apart from flash support and apps2sd. Other changes are not for average Joe.

Speed wise I have found both same but thats on X10.

If anyone is planning on buying Android phone now then HTC Desire HD is here. Rs. 27,500 from flipkart.

Users who are viewing this thread