Mohd Yousuf vs Rahul Dravid In ODI's

Who is better in ODI's?

• Total voters
I think it's a little bit of an unfair comparison given the role each player plays in the ODI team. Dravid was traditionally seen as a Test match player because of his slow ways and certainly worked on his game a lot to be a regular selection in the ODI team. Also, his ideal role as number 3 (reserved for the best batsman in the team, in my opinion) was not as guaranteed given the nuances of the ODI game that forced pinch-hitters, etc.

However, I have not really seen that much of Yousuf to judge him. He is no doubt a class batsman and one of the best Pakistan have ever produced. In the end, my bias would make me pick Dravid since I have seen him come in time and again and rescue India from the doldrums.

In tests, I regard Dravid amongst the top 3 batsmen in international cricket today along with Ponting and a place that is contended by Pietersen, Kallis, Yousuf and others. He is just always there, all the time.

Every team has a anchor.

Dravid for India
Yousuf for Pakistan
Ponting for Australia
Kallis for South Africa
Chanderpaul for Windies

All of them have the same role, and play relatively slow at times (except for Ponting), but basically when they get going, they are good in both forms of the game.

until the world cup inzi was pretty much the anchor for pakistan
when inzi was about to retire i think yousuf took over the mantle,
well in truth when inzi's decline started last year thats when yousuf probably realised he should step it up now,

until then yousuf had the sort of role that clarke has for aus,yuvraj,kaif have for india,hussain had for england etc.

I retract my statements from earlier. I was basing them purely from stats. I'd probably pick Dravid for both now that I think about it. This is because he's the more experienced player. He has pulled India out of trouble too many times. Furthermore, he has made incredible knocks even with the pressure of captaincy or wicketkeeping.

Both players are consistent. I'd have Yousuf in ODIs and Dravid in tests.

The thing is, dravid plays at different spots, so its hard to judge his batting against someone like Yousuf who is steady at no.4 or 5.

Every team has a anchor.

Dravid for India
Yousuf for Pakistan
Ponting for Australia
Kallis for South Africa
Chanderpaul for Windies

All of them have the same role, and play relatively slow at times (except for Ponting), but basically when they get going, they are good in both forms of the game.
TBH, Hussey is probably our anchor. And before that Steve Waugh. Ponting's just been the superstar.

Both players are consistent. I'd have Yousuf in ODIs and Dravid in tests.

The thing is, dravid plays at different spots, so its hard to judge his batting against someone like Yousuf who is steady at no.4 or 5.
yousuf was one of the best number 3's in the world 3 years ago
for some reason he got moved down to 5 cos shoaib malik was better at 3 by bob woolmer

Difference between the two is period.

Dravid has been among the top 3 Test batsman for over 5-6 years now.

In ODI's if you take into account Dravid kept wickets and is not bad as Yousuf you would change your opinion.

Yousuf is a good player too but he hasnt been anywhere near consistent as Dravid.

Dravid has captaincy capacities, which I don’t think Yousaf has. Dravid is a more of a test player then Yousaf is originally a ODI type player. Dravid is a better fielder then Yousaf. Dravid is a better defender where Yousaf gets out quickly playing lazy shots.

Dravid - 4.6/5
Yousaf - 4.2/5

I think Yousuf is a more useful ODI player as he can grind when his team is in trouble and he has the shots to play an attacking innings

Why are you bringing in other qualities into the equation people?

The topic looks solely based on their batting capabilities in ODI cricket.

I would go for Dravid because he has an equal amount of 100's in a lot less matches so for me he's more of a match winner, along with his fielding too.

Users who are viewing this thread