Monty Python

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was just wondering whether anyone has ever seen Monty Python.

It is an old comedy/sketch show which is really funny!! :laugh :watchtv
In my view the funniest show ever! They also did funny films

Any fans?

They have clips on youtube if you haven't seen it.

The stars were John Cleese, Michael Palin, Terry Jones, Eric Idle, Graham Chapman.

edgarisapimp

Club Cricketer
Of course I've seen it! Oh, such a great show. They show it over here on PBS (sometimes) and BBC America. The Spanish Inquisition is certainly a classic, and I also like the one with the Scottish Kamikazes. As a matter of fact, they're all fantastic. We watched a few episodes in my Philosophy class and everybody was cracking up. :D

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Surley the Kings of all Comedy. Who else can do a sketch where they just show wood and say "The Larch" alot and make it funny!?

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
No!
Just because I made a thread about Room 101, doesn't mean I dislike everything. It's just not many people made suggestions, so I had to put a lot of my pet hates.

Anyway, lets not get side tracked. What are the funny sketches people like?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
"Always look on the bright side of death,

Just before you draw your terminal breath."

Life of Brian was so funny when I first saw it and I still chuckle at it now. Those lyrics are funny; What exactly is the bright side of death? :p

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
DJ Ager said:
Have you seen the Holy Grail?

Yes of course. It's brilliant and it has often been spoofed by other programes and cartoons. Isn't there such a phrase about imation being the best form of compliment or something along those lines?

DJ Ager

International Cricketer
Something like that.

The Flying Circus series was brilliant, they have clips on you tube of it. I have the DVD box set anyway.

"I'm a Lumberjack and I'm ok"

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Haha! Your right, youtube has a few videos of Monty Python. I really should buy that box set instead of wasting my money on Everton shirts with 'Neville 18' on the back! :p

James219

International Cricketer
DJ Ager said:
No!
Just because I made a thread about Room 101, doesn't mean I dislike everything. It's just not many people made suggestions, so I had to put a lot of my pet hates.

Yeah, it was tongue-in-cheek, don't worry.
Anyway, I've seen Holy Grail and Life of Brian (none of the actual television episodes, unfortunately), and the latter's marginally better, in my opinion. It's absolute class :)

RabbleRouser

Club Cricketer
I've not seen much of Monty Python but the Spanish Inquisition was good, but nothing could beat The Ministry of Silly Walks, John Cleese was brilliant in it. Another one I liked was the dead parrot sketch.

Users who are viewing this thread