Most beautiful grounds

Online Cricket Games Owned
In my opinion I think the most beautiful grounds are in England. My favourite would have to be the Oval.

The South African grounds also appear very plesent with the rugged mountains in the background.

In Australia, Brisbane is crap, the WACA is terrible, Melbourne can be too big, Sydney is being renovated and Hobart is well....not much. Adelaide is a beautiful ground.

Tha Basin in New Zealand also looks quite nice..

Indian and Pakistani grounds look like concrete eyesores....although the Sri Lankan grounds, particularly Kandi seem nice and boutique.

Are you kidding? All of the grounds in Australia are world-class. MCG is the best ground in the world because it's huge.

I like the tower at the oval though.

Are you kidding? All of the grounds in Australia are world-class. MCG is the best ground in the world because it's huge.

I like the tower at the oval though.

Its a magnificent stadium, and the atmosphere is awesome when full, but when empty or even hald full it can be a bit hollow...Aesthetically, it isnt the most beautiful ground.

These are my most beautiful grounds:

Galle, Sri Lanka
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Cape Town, South Africa

Dharamsala, India is the highest ground in the world and is spectacular, surrounded by the himalayas

PC stadium in Mohali and new Stadium in Rajasthan are best in India.

I like Harare stadium in Zimbawe as well.

Queenstown in New Zealand. McLean Park and the Basin are quite nice too.

I think there is one in SA too, but Queenstown has beautiful mountains and a great backdrop

In my opinion I think the most beautiful grounds are in England. My favourite would have to be the Oval.

In Australia, Brisbane is crap, the WACA is terrible, Melbourne can be too big, Sydney is being renovated and Hobart is well....not much. Adelaide is a beautiful ground.
What do you consider beautiful? In direct comparison, the SCG has more heritage stands than virtually any of the top English grounds. The MCG and Gabba are architecturally elegant and I think in some sense, can conceal the views of tall city buildings which can make more low lying grounds look a bit pretentious. Some might consider the media centre at Lord's to be interesting, others see it as ridiculous.

lords is the ground above and beyong all other grounds, when i picture a test match in my head its being played at lords.

oh, and old trafford :D lol

Seriously? The Oval? Are we talking the Brit Oval in South London because its surrounded by the dump that is South London. There are much more beautiful grounds. Infact there is another thread about this somewhere.

Queens Park Oval - Trindad and Tobago (West Indies)
Chepak - Chennai, India
Sydney Oval - Sydney, Australia,
Galle - Sri Lanka
Lords - England

MCG is the greatest ground in the world. :)

my.php

my.php

my.php

australia-cricket-ground.jpg

melbourne_cricket2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread