Most hated and loved cricketers

Loved:

Kumar Sangakkara - The classiest player in world cricket. Such timing and style and plays his stuff on any ground anywhere. Century against every test nation at the age of 30. Hugely talented.

Muttiah Muralitharan - I bow down to this man. What courage to keep proving the critics and the haters wrong. Such controversy and yet the man just gets on with what he is best at. And he is the best.

Sanath Jayasuriya - The man is the most loveable figure in world cricket imo. Soooo humble and yet unbelievably talented. It is a cliche, but he DID change the game. Forever a Legend.

Sachin Tendulkar - The greatest batsman ever to grace the game. Had the consistency to back up the talent aswell, something i feel Lara lacked. Natural talent cannot be taught.

Kevin Pietersen - Fireworks guaranteed. By some distance the most entertaining batsman in the world, rivalled perhaps by boom boom Afridi. A Legend to be.

Mike Hussey - A fine, fine cricker and one of very few humble and down to earth aussie cricketers. Admire him a great deal.

Jacques Kallis - A fine, fine innings builder. Such power and resistance and a brilliant timer of the ball. Love the guy.

Dislikes:

Adam Gilchrist - I really dont like this guy's attitude. Very wrong of him to call Murali a 'chucker'. See the evidence mate. Oh and whats with the squash ball man??

Shoaib Akthar - Such a huge waste of talent. The very worst role model for young aspiring Pakistani cricketers. Pity he's actually quite good.

Shantakumar Sreesanth - Simple. Needs to grow up quickly. Great entertainment though.

Graeme Smith - A great player and captain. Dont get me wrong. I just dont like his attitude and general demeanour. So arrogant its untrue. Dont like his treatement of KP either.

Don't make accusations like that, Gambino.

If you can't back up a serious accusation like that, then don't post it.
its not an accusation
its an opinion which im pretty sure this thread is about who we hate and love
it was around that time that gibbs and boje got done for fixing

i've said who i hate but im pretty sure i dont love any cricketer hehe

Adam Gilchrist - I really dont like this guy's attitude. Very wrong of him to call Murali a 'chucker'. See the evidence mate. Oh and whats with the squash ball man??

Perhaps the only guy to hate Gilly :eek:

Perhaps the only guy to hate Gilly :eek:

Was thinking exactly that. How can you hate possibly the most humble and respectful man in world cricket by saying he has a poor attitude? Also, where is the proof of him calling Muralitharan a chucker?

for evidence see the cricinfo special section on Murali's achievements. It has a comprehensive list of all the abuse directed at him. There you will find Gilly branding Murali a chucker. A little disappointing of him. I dont hate him. As i mentioned in my post, i dislike him.

here is a bbc link aswell http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/2017576.stm

rite at da bottom mate.

Last edited:
loved cricketers:
Kumar Sangakkara: great player especialy at the moment , very calm player.
Gilly: A legend
Vettori : Respectfull - remember when gibbs got out the other day when he made that gr8 hundred against NZ vettori Congratulated when he got out on a well played innings.

its not an accusation
its an opinion which im pretty sure this thread is about who we hate and love
it was around that time that gibbs and boje got done for fixing

i've said who i hate but im pretty sure i dont love any cricketer hehe

herschelle gibbs

im pretty sure he took money to drop waugh in 99

That is an accusation, gambino.

Most loved : Mark Boucher saved so many games for South Africa and holds a couple of records also.

That is an accusation, gambino.
but i said
"im pretty sure"

i would think of it as an accusation if i said it on live tv or to a newspaper but this is a cricket forum,

im pretty sure i've read much exaggerated accusations/opinions whatever you wanna call it on this forum before

Users who are viewing this thread