Moto GP Thread

Is Gibbernau suffering from curse of Rossi

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ducati has no where near the speed advantage it had last year.
Down the straights other bikes are now able to hang in stoners draft an even attempt to overtake.
Last year they couldnt even stay in his draft it was so quick.

Also If the Ducati is so good why was Capirossi struggling last year an why arent the smaller teams running Ducati able to constantly get into the top 5s atleast.

Dont under estimate stoners ability bet he could jump on any other bike(except kawasaki) an be up the front still

So simply becuase it hasn't got a monstrous speed advantage anymore it's not the best bike on the grid? Your logic puzzles me!

Wow, bike catches slipstream and passes another bike, shock horror.... :rolleyes: The only reason why the other bikes are now closer to Ducati is simply because they put in greater development over the off-season in order to catch up with them and be on level terms. I'll even go as far as saying that Ducati were lazy and didn't do as much development as they should have.

Other than Rossi do you see the other non-factory Yamahas coming in the top 5 consistantly? Fact is the non-factory bike would probably be last years' chassis coupled with the current engine which would be slightly lower on power, and it's the same for all the non-factory teams, they have inferior equipment.

Right, then you say how good it was, then say you say it's bad by using Capirossi as a benchmark, Loris is old, he's not as quick as he used to be and he still had flashes of brilliance with the bike. Ever thought that the bike may have been developed in such a way that it suits Stoners riding style more than his teammates?

Well Stoner has taken pole at Laguna Seca, and Rossi is second. Both can take advantage of the fact that Dani isnt competing in this race.

What a race that was. Brilliant upfront between Rossi and Stoner and the Italian did show his experience. Bit disappointed with Stoner with his complaints because I dont think Rossi did anything wrong and being aggressive is not a crime. Rossi has won 5 titles, and I think he knows the line between aggressive and dangerous.

Well Sete is back this season, and would you believe it, the first race had to be postponed to Monday because of heavy rain. Wonder why they cant do this in F1? or can they?

Pedrosa and Sete qualified at 14th and 15th but I expect atleast Dani to be finishing way higher up in the race. Lorenzo is third on the grid as well.

Convincing win in the end for Stoner. Rossi never really managed to put any sort of pressure. Little disappointed with the Hondas, but expect that to change soon.

Lorenzo on pole with fellow Spaniard Dani Pedrosa in second. Should be a cracking race with Stoner and Rossi in 3rd and 4th respectively as well.

Missed the race but caught the repeat and must have to admit, another wonderful race. Jorge winning to go top of the standings, and this despite of what was atleast in my opinion, a very late switch to the dry tyres. Marco Melandri did well to take second as well, and tough luck for Rossi. He probably made the switch a bit too early and paid the price. Dani took third in the last lap, so it was two Spaniards on the podium. Shame Sete was injured, else they could have had all three:D.

Probably Jorge did stay out a bit too long, but then that was much better than what most of the front runners did, which was basically copy Rossi and come in way too early.

Hate that Le Mans Bugatti circuit, it's truly awful and besmirches the good name of Le Mans!

Can't say that Mugello is on my standout list of tracks

has anybody got motogp for the nintendo wii

quite a good game, definitely worth the money, graphics are very good

I really really like love Mugello. Shame about Dani's injury, is he the new Sete? Now its down to Jorge really to carry the spanish flag.

Missed the race but congrats to Rossi on his 100th career win. A legend in every sense. Hope to catch the highlights tonight. Seems like Pedrosa crashed at a crucial stage?

Users who are viewing this thread