Group D - GERMANY, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Beauchamp has to come in for the Socceroos, you would think. It's a shame Rhys Williams/Kisnorbo are injured, because otherwise one of them might have been able to fill in...

It will an exciting day to look forward too tomorrow. From both group C and D all four teams can qualify.

We could see second round matches of Germany vs England, Germany vs USA, England vs Australia or USA vs Australia. There could be also an African encounter between Algeria and Ghana.

Hopefully Australia will finish the match with 11 players.

Well, the biggest game of Australian football, as said by Mark Schwartzer, is about to happen.

Farout, that sucks...

Ah well, could be a loooooong night.

But then again, whats the point of even staying up to watch these flogs lose?

Go The Aussies. I think it would be good for them to go through, and that coming from a pommie.

Hopefully someone has explained to them that you are actually allowed to have 11 players on the pitch at the same time!:p

Here in Holland they do a great thing; they have both games on at the same time, on different channels of course, but keep updating the scores with a kind of virtual "who is going through at this moment" graphic in screen. When something decisive happens in the other game they switch to it. Good stuff.

Good luck guys. It is going to be tough but Aussie thrive on that.:)

Hopefully someone has explained to them that you are actually allowed to have 11 players on the pitch at the same time!:p

Good luck guys. It is going to be tough but Aussie thrive on that.:)

Yeah, I hope someone did!!

Cheers mate. Won't be easy at all and it's not fully in our hands anyway.

Let me get this straight, if Ghana beats Germany and we beat Serbia, we go through and Germany are knocked out?

Correct.

And if we beat Serbia by a few goals and Germany smash Ghana then we go through over Ghana.

Great stuff by Australia. I felt confident after the Germany game but this showing today has been pathetic, at least in the 2nd half. No midfield at all in the 2nd half for Serbia. With all the the pressure the Aussies put on it was just a matter of time.
I hope that Subotic and Kolarov were injured because this was some stupid team selection by Antic. Lukovic and Obradovic arent at the level of those two.
As I said sometime at the start of this thread, if we don't make it out of his group there is no reason for me to support this team.

Users who are viewing this thread