Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, FRANCE

WTF Domenech, we could almost sense this coming. Losing a striker like Anelka will be massive and it's proven that France really are a disjointed unit but I get the feeling they're gonna beat SA by a huge margin and get through ;)

khalek added 1 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

Do the French have any hope left now to sneak through to the next round some way or the other? Weren't they in a same sort of situation in the last WC as well, where they had to beat Togo in the last game by a margin of 3 goals or more to make it to the knockouts?

Yeah but the only difference was that they hadn't lost a game during that WC.

WTF Domenech, we could almost sense this coming. Losing a striker like Anelka will be massive and it's proven that France really are a disjointed unit but I get the feeling they're gonna beat SA by a huge margin and get through ;)

Provided Mexico and Uruguay don't draw ;)

I don't agree - France are so messed up at the moment - players refusing to train, maybe even some refusing to play according to SSN - I'd like to see South Africa knock the cheating gits out; France have no team spirit left, and that is essential to win games. And to every single French player, I say:

GROW UP! You have the chance to play for your country at the very highest level, you're being paid stupid amounts of money to do something you love, and all you can do is act like kindergarten children.

This whole world cup is been disgrace to football so far except couple of matches. Something is wrong for sure, it might be just because of South Africa or unbearable vuvuzelas or these insane referees, I do not know exactly. I would not be surprised, if it would be Chile Vs Slovakia final.

This whole world cup is been disgrace to football so far except couple of matches. Something is wrong for sure, it might be just because of South Africa or unbearable vuvuzelas or these insane referees, I do not know exactly. I would not be surprised, if it would be Chile Vs Slovakia final.

A disgrace to football? It's been fantastic. Apart from the boring opening round the competition has been brilliant. We've had everything from massive upsets to major failures, tight 1-0 wins to 7-0 thrashings and shocking refereeing decisions to spot on calls.

I for one am really enjoying the tournament as a neutral footballing fan. Obviously when it comes to England I've been disappointed, but It's still been a successful tournament for me.

A disgrace to football? It's been fantastic. Apart from the boring opening round the competition has been brilliant. We've had everything from massive upsets to major failures, tight 1-0 wins to 7-0 thrashings and shocking refereeing decisions to spot on calls.

I for one am really enjoying the tournament as a neutral footballing fan. Obviously when it comes to England I've been disappointed, but It's still been a successful tournament for me.

Well of course as a neutral fan, I also enjoy upsets. But I want to see best teams to play in knock outs. Ireland still can beat half of the team that has qualified for this world cup any day. France cheated and messed up completely. If Mexico goes through then it would be easy match for Argentina in next round. At least France could have given better fight.

I thought that the red card was a little overkill. It did not appear to be intentional. A referee should understand that you can not make high jump without raising your arm. It is completely natural. A one read card has changed the game completely.

France will still capable to win this with 10 men.

Last edited:

As I said before, if the 'twelfth man' is unable to lift the team because he can't be heard, it has to have an effect. As well as that, it strips every match of its identity. How these people can blow those things for 90minutes, without destroying their hearing is beyond me.

France are heading home - but since they've got a goal back, looks like another African team heading for the exit.

I second that. Even though Spain's progress in the competition still hangs in the balance, I think the competition as a whole has been good.

So France are out and Uruguay and Mexico go through. I didn't expect France to play with that line-up. But I am guessing some players didn't want to play or simply weren't included by the trainer.

One big nation is already out in the group matches and somehow I am expecting that more will follow.

As I said before, if the 'twelfth man' is unable to lift the team because he can't be heard, it has to have an effect. As well as that, it strips every match of its identity. How these people can blow those things for 90minutes, without destroying their hearing is beyond me.

France are heading home - but since they've got a goal back, looks like another African team heading for the exit.

Exactly and my biggest concerned is that vuvuzelas in premier league. I can not believe that Arsenal Vs Liverpool is going on and I can not here Andy Gray due to this irrigational sound. There is no doubt that Premier league is world?s most watched football and the fans reactions and great quality of commentry are one of the main reasons. You can not even here people clapping due to these vuvuzelas. But at last you have to respect different traditions and people?s feelings attached to it. I understand people in South Africa truly enjoy these vuvuzelas but it is not necessary to globalize it. Hope governing body of EPL would ban it.
Yes overall World cup has not been as bad as I was reacting but it just because I can not agree on the fact that teams like Ireland and Russia are not playing and Slovenia going in to next round.

I don't see Vuvuzelas being a problem in any other competitions outside Africa. Some people have just grown a fear that these things are going to take over football, which is completely irrational.

I think its a fair result. France were woeful at best. Mexico and Uruguay deserved to proceed to the second round. :)

Nothing in the world can take over football and its fans. Vuvuzelas are ruining the viewing experience. Part of the experience of watching the match is hearing the crowd cheer, sing, and all of the other reactions. Instead all you can hear is that insufferable buzzing which drowns everything else out.
There is a mighty possibility that you can see thousand of Vuvuzelas in premier league match in England.

Users who are viewing this thread