Group H - SPAIN, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile

Considering they are 1st and 2nd ranked sides in the world, shouldn't they be kept on opposites side of the draw so that they could only meet in the final. I believe as per current setup they can meet either in the round of 16 or semi-finals. But not the final.

Just checked on it, and I was wrong about the brackets in the knockout stages. So if Spain and Brazil avoid each other in the round of 16, they can only meet in the final.

I know I am thinking too far ahead. But what the hell?:)

Spain vs Chile, what a game we have in prospect. Chile have played with a lot of flair and they're one of the most attacking teams in the WC so far and Spain have always been considered as a favorite coming into this WC and are on the verge of getting knocked out.

I reckon it's a must watch game.

What a strike from iniesta! Spain have taken an unassailable 2-0 lead and are now sitting on top of the table.

This ref is a complete and utter moron. He's been awful this tournament. God knows why he was picked in the first place. It was never a yellow card and I'm pretty pissed at Torres for staying down for 5 minutes when he was barely touched.

Chile haven't deserved to be 2-0 down at all, and now they'll probably be out. I'm not happy.

The red card was unfortunate because the ref went by what he saw and what he saw was the Chile player trip up Torres. He made the call that it was intentional and therefore deserved a second yellow. Unfortunately the Chile player clearly didn't mean it. Torres didn't help the cause by staying down.

A wonder strike from Villa. :)
Iniesta 2nd goal was really classy as well. A real shame though if chile were to be bumped out. I felt they were the few brilliant teams at this world cup. And the second yellow decision was terrible as well. I cannot blame the referee though. He went by what he saw. I think the primary blame is Torres staying down as if his leg is break broken :mad:
I expected better sportsmanship from him!

The ref basically guessed, which is completely out of order. I hope he never refs an international match again, he has been dire, not only in this game but the first one when he sent off someone wrongly (can't remember which game it was).

Come on Chile!

How come all the big names in this cup so far have been awful? Spain have been very poor this match and without the help of a barmy goalkeeper and the worst international referee I have ever seen they'd be really struggling badly.

Missed the bloody goal :mad:

Moved upstairs to watch it on my digibox and now my digibox has decided not to pick up ITV. All I can say is, COME ON CHILE!

Chile fighting it out with 10 men. Great stuff from them. I really hope Honduras can keep Switzerland at bay!

Switzerland Honduras Both Missed Plenty of Chance.Honduras Should have Scored
anyway in case Spain vs Chile,I don't Understand why The Subbed sanchez,he was almost Controlling the Game.
And yeah Last 10 Min Was Sooo Boring....:facepalm

Good win for Spain although the performance was again well below par. Credit to Chile for keeping a decent amount of ball possession (very very few teams can do that against Spain) and actually taking the game to Spain.

Both the goals were class though. Trevor Francis and Graeme Souness on Al Jazeera Sport have a personal dislike for Spain. Go ***** yourselves.

VIVA ESPANA!!:happy

Chile vs Brazil, that'll be a cracking game.

All I can say is Sanchez better play the whole game against them, I hope the manager was just protecting him and making sure he'd be fit. He is by far their best player.

Users who are viewing this thread