Group D - GERMANY, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

At least we left the tournament in style, for the first 60 odd minutes we had nothing on attack. After I saw the Germans score I knew we were pretty much out.

Bad luck Australia. That really sums it up. I hate people who try to act like they know more about football than the coach, but the tactics against Germany were awful and have cost the team. You don't play defensive with a high back line against team that out classes you. You take your chances and you play your natural football. My heart sank when I saw what Australia were trying to do against Germany and it is even sadder now that it has ended up costing them.

However, the players themselves can hold their heads high. I absolutely love watching the Australian team play football - they play with more heart than anyone. Throw in misguided tactics and some awful referring and they're out of the cup. Oh well.

We were definetly robbed this WC in terms of cards and send offs, every one was controversial. As always though, we seem to get robbed in football. Still a very good job by the boys and I reckon in the next four years we won't be that rubbish.

You're talking about being robbed in World Cups???

1986 - The Hand of God - need I say more?

WC Qualification for 1994 vs Holland - Koeman should've been sent off and we should've got a penalty. He wasn't, we didn't and then he scores the crucial goal! 'Do I not like that?' (Graham 'Turnip' Taylor)

1998 - Perfectly good goal scored by Sol Campbell vs Argentina. Idiot referee disallows it, and we go out on penalties.

1998 - Same game - Beckham sent off for a girly flick at that git Diego Simeone. Never a red card, yellow card at worst. We're controlling the game at that point, definitely would've won had Beckham stayed on.

There have been a fair smattering of 'we wuz robbed' moments in the European Championships as well - not least 2004 when Sol Campbell - again - scored a perfectly good goal vs Portugal. Moron referee disallowed it and we lose on penalties.

Don't start going on about how you're robbed at World Cups, seriously.

(What's going to happen this year?)

They've got to talk about something, seeing as they aren't playing any more football this Summer (Winter in Aus) ;)

They've got to talk about something, seeing as they aren't playing any more football this Summer (Winter in Aus) ;)

Indeed!

Whatever happens, if we are the better team again, as we were in 1990 and 1996 (and 1970), I just hope that we get that little bit of luck this time. And please: no penalties! :upray

Mind you, a German has already missed one this tournament - and I don't recall that happening too often...

I doubt Podolski would shoot again if there was another one.

He might have to if it comes down to it. Well, that's at least one German that won't be overflowing with confidence if it does come down to penalties.

I have a nasty feeling it will, you know. England v Germany games are usually very close-fought affairs....

You're talking about being robbed in World Cups???

1986 - The Hand of God - need I say more?

WC Qualification for 1994 vs Holland - Koeman should've been sent off and we should've got a penalty. He wasn't, we didn't and then he scores the crucial goal! 'Do I not like that?' (Graham 'Turnip' Taylor)

1998 - Perfectly good goal scored by Sol Campbell vs Argentina. Idiot referee disallows it, and we go out on penalties.

1998 - Same game - Beckham sent off for a girly flick at that git Diego Simeone. Never a red card, yellow card at worst. We're controlling the game at that point, definitely would've won had Beckham stayed on.

There have been a fair smattering of 'we wuz robbed' moments in the European Championships as well - not least 2004 when Sol Campbell - again - scored a perfectly good goal vs Portugal. Moron referee disallowed it and we lose on penalties.

Don't start going on about how you're robbed at World Cups, seriously.

(What's going to happen this year?)
*Group D thread*

Sydney are playing Everton, Blackburn, Rangers and AEK Athens. I have a lot of football to enjoy before the season starts :D

Stacks of footy to come.

Paddy+Ryder_2009+Round+8.jpg

:yes

I doubt Podolski would shoot again if there was another one.

Schweini is meant to take it usually. Don't know why Podolski took it in that match.

Good to see Kroos get some minutes. :) And, great goal from Ozil. Didn't watch the match, but caught the goal on TV later.

Stacks of footy to come.

Paddy+Ryder_2009+Round+8.jpg

:yes

We mean real football. ;)

Schweini is meant to take it usually. Don't know why Podolski took it in that match.

Good to see Kroos get some minutes. :) And, great goal from Ozil. Didn't watch the match, but caught the goal on TV later.

Schweinsteiger is probably going to miss the game.

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

*Group D thread*

Nice dodge. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread