Group A - South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay, FRANCE

Nothing in the world can take over football and its fans. Vuvuzelas are ruining the viewing experience. Part of the experience of watching the match is hearing the crowd cheer, sing, and all of the other reactions. Instead all you can hear is that insufferable buzzing which drowns everything else out.
There is a mighty possibility that you can see thousand of Vuvuzelas in premier league match in England.

Agreed. It just feels like someone has dubbed the same soundtrack over every game. No applause for that great 50yd pass, no chanting aimed at a particular player or team - just an insufferable din made by a so called musical instrument - an insult to musicians everywhere. Even when a goal is scored, what do you get? A muted cheer (similar to the rubbish you get in your average PES game) and then - louder vuvuzelas! No offence Trev, but it appears you're in the minority - certainly on this forum and going by sites like 'banvuvuzela.com' springing up - most of the world.

If these things did start taking over the atmosphere at Premiership games, it would be the worst thing to hit the league since it became flooded with second rate foreigners.

Well I was almost right with my prediction of a repeat of 02 for France. So very inconsistent, one World Cup they are making the final the next they are gone first round.

Strange prediction perhaps, but here it is:

Uruguay to reach the semis.

Their path is likely to be South Korea and Serbia, before playing someone like Brazil at the semis. I reckon they can do that.

I like the vuvuzelas :)

Had a go on one last night.

Yes, but would you like them if they were being blown all around you, by twenty thousand people for 90mins?

Edit: So, is it possible to actually play more than one note on them?

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Well I was almost right with my prediction of a repeat of 02 for France. So very inconsistent, one World Cup they are making the final the next they are gone first round.

They've had their time. Henry's too old (his legs have gone in any case), Zidane's gone and Anelka is too changeable.

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

Strange prediction perhaps, but here it is:

Uruguay to reach the semis.

Their path is likely to be South Korea and Serbia, before playing someone like Brazil at the semis. I reckon they can do that.

Could well happen. If England could've scored one more goal, then our path to the semis would've been a lot simpler as well. As it is, if we reach the semis, we'll have a lot to be proud of.

Don't know why everyone is saying that it'll be Argentina in the quarters - I wouldn't write off Mexico.

Sod off France. Was so happy when the Saffers took them out.

Who do they think they are? They are all making over 100 grand a week and they are going around acting like teenage girls. My respect for the senior French players has been permanently lowered. You don't like the coach? Oh big deal, he's in charge, suck it up princesses. If you don't like him, deal with it in a professional way and try to justify the ridiculous amounts of money you are making.

I feel so sorry for the French people who have had one of the most important events in the country ripped from them by a group of self obsessed little princesses. The World Cup is about representing your country and showing a bit of pride. Good riddance.

Rant over. :p

I like Uruguay, they are playing some really great football and they are really classy. They should be guaranteed a run into the quarters, if not the semis. They should take down South Korea in the round of 16, then they are left to player either the USA or Ghana in the quarter final which they can win. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

As for Mexico, well they have Argentina in the round of 16 so it's ta-ta to them.

P.S; England, Germany, Argentina and Mexico have it pretty tough. Whoever wins out of England or Germany has to play Argentina (most likely) in the quarters. Ouch.

Who do they think they are? They are all making over 100 grand a week and they are going around acting like teenage girls. My respect for the senior French players has been permanently lowered. You don't like the coach? Oh big deal, he's in charge, suck it up princesses. If you don't like him, deal with it in a professional way and try to justify the ridiculous amounts of money you are making.

I feel so sorry for the French people who have had one of the most important events in the country ripped from them by a group of self obsessed little princesses. The World Cup is about representing your country and showing a bit of pride. Good riddance.

I whole-heartedly agree. I feel bad for France in a way though. A talented bunch of players wasted by poor tactical decisions.

As for Mexico, well they have Argentina in the round of 16 so it's ta-ta to them.

P.S; England, Germany, Argentina and Mexico have it pretty tough. Whoever wins out of England or Germany has to play Argentina (most likely) in the quarters. Ouch.

That's what everyone thought four years ago - but the match went into extra time, Argentina only winning by a wonder goal from Maxi Rodriguez.

And remember, if we beat Germany, we don't just play Argentina - Argentina have to play us - know what I mean? We can cause any team problems and we have been very hard to beat for a long time now. Last time we played the 'mighty' Argentina, I distincty remember us giving them a good firm shove towards the exit door of that World Cup (2002, I think - can't rememember) as England and Beckham took revenge on them for 1998 and Diego Simeone's play acting antics that ruined the game. No team at this cup has looked infallible in defence - Germany and Argentina are no different.

Whatever happens, I want to see Argentina eventually knocked out on penalties (if it's by us, that would be so sweet) - or maybe by a stinking refereeing decision (which would make up for 1986 if it was against us) - I want that cheating git Maradona to know how it feels - he would cry like a baby as he did when he was caught using performance enhancing drugs. :laugh

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread