Group D - GERMANY, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

We played well. I'm very proud of what we achieved in this match and they did the country proud in the WC. The poor tactics in the first game cost us and put a bad taste on this WC, but we accumulated 4 points and I'm definitely proud.

Mark Schwarzer made only one mistake the entire day and that was on that goal. He made an incredible save on Ivanovic and had a few other good ones.

Wow, what an effort by the Socceroos through adversity. Looking back on it now, how crucial was it when Germany scored 2 more goals after Tim Cahill seeing red. Unfortunately the refs will be one of the main reasons that the Aussies didn't get through. If last game they didn't give Kewell a red then we would have won that match IMO, and how much better would we have been with Kewell in tonight.

Also, I hope Pim, or whoever's going to coach Australia in the future, will look at the last two matches and see that when we attack, we play our best football (oh no I just called it football!), compared to the defensive ████ against Germany.

Oh, and go Germany! Smash those Pommies!

We'll see...

It's quite a long time since they beat us, you know? Oh well - you're bound to be miffed - you're out after all. :)

At least we've performed well in a few games :spy

Anyway, I'm sure there's going to be lots of banter going on against England. Short summary by the Aussies on this world cup is that, got smashed by first class team then got our finger out of our arse and played brilliantly only to be stopped by some bad refs.

If the refs called that hand ball on Cahill and we converted we would have gone in ahead of Ghana.

We don't want another dodgey handball decision thanks:p

ahahahah this one was a little less dodgy but its over now. We should have converted those two chances we had in the first half. Ivanovic and Krasic with the open net and he shoots it wide and high.

I thought they were going to score in the first half, you guys had a lot of space.

Not sure if Lahm stopped a shot on the line with his arm - it looked that way. If so, he should've gone and Ghana should've had a penalty. If Lahm missed Sunday's game, it would be a real boost for us. Never mind - they're good, but they're not the team from 1990, 1996 or even 2006. We can beat them.

I thought they were going to score in the first half, you guys had a lot of space.

Thats the thing that pisses me of the most. I'm not mad that the Aussies won its that we missed all those chances. You guys made the best of your 3-4 shots on goal and won the match. We just couldn't put the ball in the net.
Zigic was just awful, but then again he has never been that good.

We played well. I'm very proud of what we achieved in this match and they did the country proud in the WC. The poor tactics in the first game cost us and put a bad taste on this WC, but we accumulated 4 points and I'm definitely proud.

That's fair enough - you didn't do too badly. It was that first game against the Germans that really killed you - shipping that many goals so early on always puts you behind the 8-ball.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Ozil's goal was incredible. What a strike!

Yes, but he never should've had the chance - the Ghana defence really should've closed that down. Now if you look at how the England boys were throwing themselves in front of shots - that's what the Ghana defence should've done.

Well, I'm gonna be tired then a mofo today for work.

Ah well, very proud of the effort shown by us last night. If it wasn't for that horrible first game which Cahill was stupidy sent off we wouldn't of gone down by 4 or if it wasn't for the ridicolous sendoff against Ghana we woulda gone up after 1-1 easily.. We dominated them with 10 men ffs. And last night, well, how good was it after Cahill's goal? I was jumpin around I'll admit, then when Holman scored that blinder I had hope.

Until they said Germany were up by 1 goal. Heartbreaking.

We were definetly robbed this WC in terms of cards and send offs, every one was controversial. As always though, we seem to get robbed in football. Still a very good job by the boys and I reckon in the next four years we won't be that rubbish.

It will an exciting day to look forward too tomorrow. From both group C and D all four teams can qualify.

We could see second round matches of Germany vs England, Germany vs USA, England vs Australia or USA vs Australia. There could be also an African encounter between Algeria and Ghana.

Hopefully Australia will finish the match with 11 players.

And it happened!

But what a great day it was today. It was really exciting day to look to. Eight teams were battling for four spots in the second round. Eventually USA scored in the dying minutes of their match to go through.

CNN will probably make a fairytale story of this.

But I wanted to see a Germany vs England encounter and that happened. Currently I am favouring Germany to win over England. It's simply based on their form.

ZexyZahid added 2 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Not sure if Lahm stopped a shot on the line with his arm - it looked that way. If so, he should've gone and Ghana should've had a penalty. If Lahm missed Sunday's game, it would be a real boost for us. Never mind - they're good, but they're not the team from 1990, 1996 or even 2006. We can beat them.

Yeah, it hit Lahm's arm. It should have been a penalty.

Just as Cahill handled the ball with his hand, while stretching out. That should have been a penalty also.

The most exciting match of today was Australia vs Serbia. A lot of big chances were missed.

Users who are viewing this thread