Group D - GERMANY, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Well, no where not. We either need Ghana to beat Germany or Germany to smash Ghana say, 3-0. Then we need to beat Serbia 2-0.

On a side note, has Kevin Muscat just learned the word 'albeit'? He uses it every second sentence whenever he talks, often out of place. Eventually I got sick of him trying to say something like 'Ghana were offside albeit it was a good play'. What a tard... typical Victorian. Except for you Gaz. (L)

Australia vs Ghana was an exciting match to watch. Australia played their hearts out even when they were playing with 10 men. On the other hand Ghana should have won this match, because of that one man extra on the field. They will next match against Germany and I don't see them winning if they play like today.

Bloody FIFA and their fair draw. I won't know what game to watch with 10 minutes left!

We had the chance to win it, that one on one miss was the chance to do it. Ghana were all over us and I'm sick of playing with 10 men.

Maybe next match Australia could be playing with 9 men then.

Good news is that Cahill will come back next match. I feel a bit sorry for Kewell. He came back after many months of being injured and he is that quickly sent off.

Australia has a slight chance to qualify to the second round, but in that scenario they will have to beat Serbia and Germany needs to beat Ghana. Also they need to score some goals.

We were damn robbed, asbolute bullshit that call...

I can't beleive it. Absolutely not intentional, didn't move his arm in the way. Simple as that.

It was probably a penalty, but not a send off. We probably would have won if it was given a yellow becasue we really looked better than Ghana.

Australia has a slight chance to qualify to the second round, but in that scenario they will have to beat Serbia and Germany needs to beat Ghana. Also they need to score some goals.

Well just need Ghana to beat Germany and a win will see us qualify second.

Well, we we're great. Very proud of our effort last night. Holman was absolutely superb and never stopped running, he played the role of AMC and ST when Kewell got sent off and he did it bloody well. Bresciano was the only poor player on the field for Australia imo, he kept running towards the sideline and being crowded out by 2/3 players. He didnt look interesting.

Wilkshire missing that chance obviously hurt, but he was so good throughout this game. Just another example of much he'd try to get forward. Carney needed to get forward more, and he could of because Valeri and Culina barely crossed the halfway line.

The substitutions where, whilst late, very good. Chipperfield was sublime when he came on and dominated the game. Kennedy gave us another option and Ruka was ok. I thought at HT we needed to take off Bresc for Kennedy, and play Culina on the left. 4-1-3-1. But I think Pim was too slow to react to what had happened and was too arrogant to make an early change.

Also, for the record, I like England. Was definitely supporting them vs USA. Carn Stevie G!

I thought Bresciano did quite well, actually dribbled with the ball a bit and looked dangerous. Plus he struck that awkward freekick that led to our first goal. Definitely wasn't poor.

I donm't think anybody deserves to be dropped from that performance. Maybe though actually start Kennedy, look how much dangeroud we got when he came on. Obviously Cahill in for Kewell and not sure who'll replace Moore?

I thought Bresciano did quite well, actually dribbled with the ball a bit and looked dangerous. Plus he struck that awkward freekick that led to our first goal. Definitely wasn't poor.

I didnt see him deliver one cross from parrallel to the box, he only dribbled away from support. That left hand side was weak with Carney not overlapping like Wilkshire and Emerton

mattfb added 0 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

and not sure who'll replace Moore?

Beauchamp

Well, we we're great. Very proud of our effort last night. Holman was absolutely superb and never stopped running, he played the role of AMC and ST when Kewell got sent off and he did it bloody well. Bresciano was the only poor player on the field for Australia imo, he kept running towards the sideline and being crowded out by 2/3 players. He didnt look interesting.

Wilkshire missing that chance obviously hurt, but he was so good throughout this game. Just another example of much he'd try to get forward. Carney needed to get forward more, and he could of because Valeri and Culina barely crossed the halfway line.

The substitutions where, whilst late, very good. Chipperfield was sublime when he came on and dominated the game. Kennedy gave us another option and Ruka was ok. I thought at HT we needed to take off Bresc for Kennedy, and play Culina on the left. 4-1-3-1. But I think Pim was too slow to react to what had happened and was too arrogant to make an early change.

Also, for the record, I like England. Was definitely supporting them vs USA. Carn Stevie G!

:hpraise
Liverpool ftw :p

Well just need Ghana to beat Germany and a win will see us qualify second.

Ghana haven't looked great in both their games so far. I think there's a greater chance of Germany playing like they did against Australia and scoring a few goals. 4-0 to Germany would mean that Australia need to win 2-0.

The bad thing though...is that Ghana might just look to defend, as a draw gets them through too. However, if they defend extensively, I think Germany might actually like the opportunity to run at their opponents.

Users who are viewing this thread