IPL Mumbai Indians-2014

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Tendulkar should be dropped now. He has not done anything great. Maybe give Ponting another chance out there.

Think , If Tendulkar is to be dropped we need to replace him with an Indian player as only four foreign players could be played and the four players D Smith , K Pollard , M Johnson and Mallinga couldn't be dropped.So its better we don't make any changes to the batsmen as it is found successful playing them.

Anish.

Panel of Selectors
four foreign players could be played

+_2acc5a8841f8752904d37f90a8014829.png

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Think , If Tendulkar is to be dropped we need to replace him with an Indian player as only four foreign players could be played and the four players D Smith , K Pollard , M Johnson and Mallinga couldn't be dropped.So its better we don't make any changes to the batsmen as it is found successful playing them.

Replace him with an Indian or you can even alter the combination of the 4 foreign players who are playing. As such MI have not had a successful opening combo as yet. Opening with Ambati + Glen Maxwell could be an option.

Tendulkar has not been in the best of form since a long time. So, its best that he be dropped.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Both Smith and Tendulkar should be dropped next match onwards.

Maxwell and Suryakumar Yadav are the choices. :cheers

----------

Mumbai indians just made 139 and CSK were like yes we can win it easily.

But our new skipper ROHIT SHARMA shuffled his bowlers well and despite 3 catches of Hussey drooped in 1st over by pollard, MI knocked over CSK for 79 - lowest total this season. :cheers

Our skipper has won all tosses he has appeared for so far. :thumbs

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Replace him with an Indian or you can even alter the combination of the 4 foreign players who are playing. As such MI have not had a successful opening combo as yet. Opening with Ambati + Glen Maxwell could be an option.

Tendulkar has not been in the best of form since a long time. So, its best that he be dropped.

You couldn't say it from now. Sachin has given a reply to all who said that he is out of form with his bat(as usual) 48 of just 28 bowls and an opening partnership of 93 with Smith.Now I see no reason for Mumbai to change their squad.The five consecutive fours by Sachin was just fantastic.:):):):D:D:D

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
No problem with Sachin as of now, but I want SMITH to be dropped now. He takes too much balls at the start. Hitting role is assigned to him. I want Million Dollor Baby MAXWELL now, who can come at no.5. Dinesh Karthik can open the batting with Sachin.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
On a given day,Smith can demolish the opposition.Not Sachin at this point of time given he is 40+.So in a T20 you should gamble with a destroyer espically with a team like MI.

sahilnatu

Club Captain
MI playing KXIP today at Dharamsala. Hoping for a good contest & an MI victory.
I'd go with:

Tare
Tendulkar
Sharma
DK
Pollard
Rayudu
Maxwell
Harbhajan
Johnson
Malinga
Ojha

That gives 3 spinners (Maxwell the third) & 3 seamers (Pollard the third). It also increases the batting depth upto number 9 & Tare is likely to strike at a better rate than Smith in the powerplay to ease the pressure off Sachin, so Sachin could play his natural game while others hit big at the other end. Looks very balanced to me. What do you say guys?

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Congo to all MI fans for reaching the finals :cheers

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Hope so Sachin will be fit for tomorrow's game, we can take him for Rayudu and bolster the batting. Hope tension-prone CSK lose and MI will get a 1st IPL crown. Hoping to be a close encounter and not one-sided. :cheers

Hope Malinga-Johnson fire finally. :facepalm :thumbs

sahilnatu

Club Captain
And one more thing, hope Ojha is fit after the blow he received to his bowling arm while fielding the other night. Don't want some mediocre bowler to replace Ojha.
Hoping for a close contest and an MI victory!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Hope so Sachin will be fit for tomorrow's game, we can take him for Rayudu and bolster the batting. Hope tension-prone CSK lose and MI will get a 1st IPL crown. Hoping to be a close encounter and not one-sided. :cheers

Hope Malinga-Johnson fire finally. :facepalm :thumbs

If Sachin is fit,there is no point in taking him. He has been woeful in the IPL and Mumbai has a settled line-up for the last 2 encounters. As a team mentor, I would not risk upsetting the batting line up to accommodate a superstar, especially when my team is doing well.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
If Sachin is fit,there is no point in taking him. He has been woeful in the IPL and Mumbai has a settled line-up for the last 2 encounters. As a team mentor, I would not risk upsetting the batting line up to accommodate a superstar, especially when my team is doing well.

If you followed last few games, you could see what is happening to our batting. Except Smith, no one actually performed. Rayudu has been flop this time. SO I would rather retain tare and take Sachin in place of Rayudu. :thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread