Story My Cricket Coach Career

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
wow great batting by Hayden, looks like aussies on top hand.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Bangladesh V Australia 2nd Test at Bogra - Day Two

Welcome to the second days play where Australia were looking to place even more pressure upon Bangladesh. And they did just that with Hussey and Hodge reaching a 100 partnership midway through the morning session.

aus1stinns-hodge100pshiphussey.jpg

Just 6 balls later, Hussey reached a wonderfully played century...

aus1stinns-hussey1002.jpg

However, nearing the end of the morning session, Hodge was out for 44, and was quickly followed by both Gilchrist (9) and Brett Lee (14). This left Shane Warne and Michael Hussey at the crease at lunch.

After lunch, the two players came out and batted extrememly well and crossed a 50 partnership. Hussey also crossed 150 as the partnership remained unbeaten at tea. After tea however, the tide began to turn a bit as the pitch became a bit more friendly for the bowlers. Although, to begin with, it was still a batsmen's field day as Warne and Hussey completed a 100 partnership!

aus1stinns-warne100pshiphussey2.jpg

Michael Hussey was eventually out for 183 but Warne continued well, scoring a half century, but was soon out after that. That left Australia on 511/9 at the close with Gillespie and McGrath at the crease, hoping to continue Australia's good batting performance.

2ndday.jpg

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Bangladesh V Australia 2nd Test at Bogra - Day Three

Well, today was another good day from the Australian view. Australia started off well with a very slow, but sure final wicket partnership from Jason Gillespie and Glenn McGrath, which was brought to an end by a great ball from which Gillespie was caught. This also brought an end to the Australian innings on 528. The pick of the Bangladesh bowlers was Aftab Ahmed with 3-81.

aus1stinns.jpg

So, it was time for the Tigers to show what they were made of - and they weren't made of very much as once again the Australian pace attack ripped through the Bangladeshi batting lineup. The day ended with Bangladesh on 236/9, still one wicket in hand to try and avoid the follow on, however, they are still 292 behind Australia's score. Bangladesh had a very topsy-turvey time with K Haque and the major batsmen making low scores, and the lower order and tail making the higher scores with Rashid's brilliant knock of 52. However, Bangladesh's top order failed under the superior pace attack of Australia. Lee and Gillespie both took 3 wickets, McGrath took 2 and the legendary Shane Wanre took the other wicket.

3rdday.jpg

Tomorrow brings another day of promise for Australia as they look to wrap up an easy 2-0 series win against a weak Bangladeshi side. However, Australian manager Rhys Williams had this to say: "I am cautious about this Bangladesh team when it comes to one day internationals. Last year, in Cardiff, is one of these moments that scares me. Although I will be going into the ODI series with complete confidence, I am sure that Bangladesh will put up much more of a fight than they have done in the tests!"

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
AUSTRALIAN COACH DEPARTS AFTER LOSS OF ASHES:

The Australian coach, Rhys Williams has quit his job as manager of Australia after losing the Ashes and VB Series Finals to England. Since you were last brought coverage of his management, Australia have lost the ODI series to Bangladesh, the Ashes (4-1) to England and the VB Series Finals, after narrowly scraping through ahead of New Zealand. Williams (14) of Wales said this: 'I have decided to step down as coach of Australia after a poor run of results and am now open to any management offers asap!'

Rhys is hoping to be back in management before the English county season starts.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
DAILY TELEGRAPH SPORT

Ex-Aussie Coach Speaks Out

The former Australian national coach, Rhys Williams, visited us today at the Daily Telegraph to speak to us about his time at Australia and his future...

We sent our reporter Steve Thumble along to speak to Rhys!

Ok, Rhys, how did you manage to land the prestigious of Australian coach in the first place?

Well, I was offered the job after the whole coaching setup in Australia was found to have been guilty of match fixing - so they wanted a foreigner to take charge. I said yes and low and behold, I wasn't good enough. I was delighted by our performance against Bangladesh - however, when it came to the Ashes, we just didnt have the killer instinct!

How long did you have to think about resigning?

I would say around 3 weeks, since the start of the VB series I had been thinking about leaving. However, I decided that I would stay on until after the World Cup in the West Indies. I changed my mind when we lost to England in the VB Series Finals and that seemed to make me think that there was no way I could win the world cup - not yet, anyway!

Where are you looking to get your next job?

I am hoping for a domestic rather than international job this time round - and also hoping for a longer stay! I'm looking forward to seeing what opportunities are presented to me. One of the English counties would be great for me - or an Australian state. However, if I had to, I would work anywhere in the world.

What is your golden ambition for the future?

One day, I would like to be given the opportunity to manage three teams: Glamorgan, England and Australia (again). I am hoping for a long and successful career in cricket management.

Rhys' record in his managing career so far stands at this:

Played: 32
Won: 12
Drawn: 0
Tied: 0
Lost: 20

He is currently being contacted by Essex to see if he can negotiate some terms to become their manager.

Last edited:

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Rhys Williams Moves To Essex

acceptjob.jpg

On the 6th July, Rhys Williams was officially oppointed as the new head coach of Essex County Cricket Club. He says that he hopes to bring a great future to the club who have had a string of poor results recently!

essexsofarbeforeiwentthere.jpg

So far this season, Essex havent played well and Rhys is looking to improve their position.

He is hoping to try and escape relegation from the County Championship. He also wishes to try to get through to the knockouts of the Twenty20 Cup and be promoted to National League Div 1.

Last edited:

usy

Chairman of Selectors
Nice going, Your story is coming good.

Users who are viewing this thread