My order has been shipped !! :)

Scoring is way easier online, because its set to normal.

Its way easier to slog online than in AC09, I know that sounds weird but I feel thats the case.

Mark added 0 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Spinners are just as useless as AC09

Mark, couple of questions regarding online...

1. Is 6 hitting and batting in general easier with Action Cam instead of Broadcast Cam online?

2. What sort of impact does slower ball have online? Is it effective or it goes for runs as well?

1. Is 6 hitting and batting in general easier with Action Cam instead of Broadcast Cam online?

Haven't tried IC10 broadcast cam online yet. Batting in IC10 Action Cam online is easier than Ashes 09 (broadcast cam). Haven't tried HUD off, but am sure that'll be more difficult. Am with you on that being a superfluous solution; unless obviously I improve my skills massively and start picking out the ball out of the bowler's hand. Early days yet.

On the sixes question. I've found that on the same type of ball, using the lofted stroke button has a more favorable risk/reward equation than using a ground stroke. If you can get away with a backfoot six over mid wicket on a good length ball 6-7 times out of 10, you'll be prepared to take that chance more often than not.

2. What sort of impact does slower ball have online? Is it effective or it goes for runs as well?

Even a perfectly delivered slower ball isn't as effective as in Ashes 09 where the batsmen HAD to pick out a slower ball to play it well. The batting system online seems more forgiving compared to Ashes 09.

Pls note though these are based on the few games I've had online. Perhaps comments from those who've played at least 15-20 games would be more valuable. Also, I'm yet to play a game online on a difficult pitch. From what I've heard others say, that will likely make batting more difficult.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response ThandaMilk. Guess online play is not gonna be much fun in IC10. You played decent player in Mark and if you were able to score heavily chances are you will kill most of the folks who play online.

AC09 was pretty good for online play against decent players and average T20 score against decent players online was between 130-160 which was realistic. Have to say am beginning to get disappointed already :(

P.S. - One more question... how easy or difficult it is to deal with cursor move when using Action Cam perspective online? I would imagine it would be extremely hard to deal with cursor movers in Action Cam and Broadcast Cam should be a better option to deal with online cursor moving. Your experience so far?

Last edited:
I think moving the cursor at the last 2nd would be really hard in Action cam, doubt it would make a different though unless you move the length and no the line. Just about any length/line ball can be played off either foot online.

Online needs to be set to hard, or we will have to resort to no HUD to have realistic matches.

I think moving the cursor at the last 2nd would be really hard in Action cam, doubt it would make a different though unless you move the length and no the line. Just about any length/line ball can be played off either foot online.

Online needs to be set to hard, or we will have to resort to no HUD to have realistic matches.

Have you played anyone who moved cursor a lot? I remember the AC09 days where some folks were extremely good at moving the cursor. To me it looks Action Cam may not be the best way to deal with cursor movers especially when they change line from off to leg or vice versa. Change in length can be countered by opting for 'Automatic' footwork but change in line will be tough.

Looks like IC10 is a poor version of AC09 in terms of online gameplay :(

Ive only had 3 completed matches so I will wait to form a final opinion but so far I think that yes, AC09 online was much better.

IC10 on hard however, is a near perfect game.

Maybe IC10 online should allow users to specify the difficulty level as well

Woo hoo... I have received my copy from ShopTo.. That was amazing, got the game in one week..
Can't wait to play it later today..

Users who are viewing this thread