NatWest Series 2005

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
THe funny thing is that Australia was so cocky about winning. Especially Ponting. The way Ponting is playing and captaining I think hes in jepody of losing it.

What a player Pietersen is...awesome. I don't have any words to describe this man. I think he's gonna be the man to break Sachin's 38 centuries record. Love this guy....

I remember the summer of 1997 where Adam and Ben Hollioake demolished Australia in the One Day series and raised all our hopes only for the Ashes to go begging once again. We even won the first test before losing 3-1.
OD cricket means nothing. These defeats are great for amusement value and for making the Aussies squirm but come July 21 they're still favourites.

saisrini80 said:
Same here pal! That would be one of the most biggest insults for the World Champions.. If that happens, wonder what changes the ICC rankings would undergo?

Its still too early to dream but what the heck? We humans have the right to dream anything!
Australia goes into the NatWest Series against England and Bangladesh with the highest ever rating in the LG ICC One-Day International Championship. Its rating of 140 is four points higher that when it won the ICC Cricket World Cup in 2003 and its lead at the top of the official table is such that even if it loses all of its matches against England and Bangladesh it will still hold a comfortable 13-point advantage over its nearest rival, Sri Lanka.

preet said:
What a player Pietersen is...awesome. I don't have any words to describe this man. I think he's gonna be the man to break Sachin's 38 centuries record. Love this guy....

What? so early prediction?? Sachin is still going on. He is not retiring any soon.

Coming to the topic, lets not lift Pietersen to the top early. In India, we always do it to the players who show flashes of brilliance. and then, they easily falter! Pietersen sounds interesting and definitely exciting! He will do well as of now!

I think the major blow for Aussies is Andrew Symonds......a superb ODI player.....he is eligible for the rest of series now and also Ponting's captaincy hasn't been as good as it has been......his non-use of Katich against Bangladesh was very suprising to me ......and plus the inclusion of Watson was totally ridiculous......how does he even get a start in this Australian ODI side is beyond me....there are quite a few better players than him going around in Australian domestic scene (James Hopes, Ian Harvey & Dominic Thornley just to name a few). He must have a fair few well-wishers on the Australian selection commitee....Personally he is the most over-rated player in the world...
I think Katich and Hussey should be regulars in the ODI side now.......Hussey is in the perfect mould to take over Bevan's role for Australia and Katich should be used as an all-rounder batting at 7.....his bowling is very-very underrated
I don't know whats wrong with Kasprowicz....but his spell against Bangladesh wasn't that good and against England it was even worse.....Gillespie as well.
They look like part-timers when compared to Harmisson-Gough-Flintoff, with the exception of McGrath....Maybe they need to a bit of Brett Lee pace to fire them up!!

As for England.....I still don't understand what is Solanki doing at #8!!!!You're better of taking an all-rounder or a genuine bowler.....It was lucky for them that Oz were 4/60 odd when likes of Collingwood/Vaughan/Solanki came on....they are also struggling for a 5th bowler option.....

All in all......We are set for an interesting ODI series and (hopefully) a very competitive Ashes series.....

preet said:

You must be thinking in your dream homie. Sachin is not yet retired yet. He is still there still 2007.

Although Pietersen is a great player and has had a faultless and dream start to his career, he has a long way to go to be compared to such a sensational player like Sachin.

The way he attacked the Australians bowling attack was brilliant, he made Batting against the World Champions look easy. Smacking sixes of fast/medium bowlers with the class of Gillespie, one of the highest ranked bowlers if I am not mistaken.

Australia for some reason are having a nightmare of a time, They seem like a totally different team and are playing like one compared to the one we saw prior to this England Tour. I hope they get back up to how good they were 6 months ago.

jwalits said:
As for England.....I still don't understand what is Solanki doing at #8!!!!You're better of taking an all-rounder or a genuine bowler.....

I tend to agree there, although if Solanki is to be persevered with I'd rather him play up the order, maybe at 4, with Pietersen at 5, Flintoff at 6, Collingwood at 7, G Jones at 8. When Giles is fit though I think he'll come in for Solanki, and come in at no 8.

I think England need Giles, so they don't have to bowl Collingwood, Vaughan and Solanki. It would seem that Batty is not rated or not trusted by Vaughan.

irottev said:
Although Pietersen is a great player and has had a faultless and dream start to his career, he has a long way to go to be compared to such a sensational player like Sachin.

The way he attacked the Australians bowling attack was brilliant, he made Batting against the World Champions look easy. Smacking sixes of fast/medium bowlers with the class of Gillespie, one of the highest ranked bowlers if I am not mistaken.

Australia for some reason are having a nightmare of a time, They seem like a totally different team and are playing like one compared to the one we saw prior to this England Tour. I hope they get back up to how good they were 6 months ago.
agreed hes not even close to sachin yet, he hasnt proved himself in any test matches. If he can translate this form into tests then we can start talking about him growing into one of the greats, as an england supporter im just excited about the prospect of having an england batting line up with peiterson at 5 and flintoff at 6 or the other way round.

Users who are viewing this thread