NatWest Series 2005

Who will win the Natwest Series 2005?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What a catch by Collingwood...stunning. Aus are 64/4

Aus is in a good position now. This guy Hussey is trashing the English bowlers now. Australia now, 163/4 after 34 overs at RR of 4.79. Hussy- 58 and Clarke- 43 both not out.

Really bad captaincy by vaughan allowed aussies to come back into the game.

163/4 (34 ov)

Mahesh Babu said:
Really bad captaincy by vaughan allowed aussies to come back into the game.

163/4 (34 ov)
agreed, what he thought he was doing by putting solanki and himself on, two part time off spinners i will never know, one or the other not both its just asking fro trouble and right when we had them on the back foot.

preet said:
Thank you Mr. Patel, for telling us. :D
Was I suppose to laugh on that one?

LOL that was so funny. Did anyone see what just happened. Harmison bowled the ball to Watson(I think), he defends the ball. Goes back to Harmison and he throws the ball at the stumps but goes to Watson and almost hits Watson, but he puts his bat in the way at the last moment...LOL that was hilarious

Last edited:
nickypoo said:
agreed, what he thought he was doing by putting solanki and himself on, two part time off spinners i will never know, one or the other not both its just asking fro trouble and right when we had them on the back foot.
Well when you only have 4 front line bowlers you need to find them from somewhere, he probably just wanted to get through them as quickly as he could

brad352 said:
Well when you only have 4 front line bowlers you need to find them from somewhere, he probably just wanted to get through them as quickly as he could
He could have continued with himself and harmisson or flintoff at the other end.

brad352 said:
Work ;)

Anyway, probably the best thing that could've happened, even with sh*t opposition you can't just expect things to happen, and I think we probably did that- wake up call will do us good, it's not like making the final is an issue

sh*t opposition? If you lose to a "sh*t opposition", what does that make you, sh*ttier?

sorry brad, but you got to give Bangladesh credit for what they did, they beat the best team when all the odds were stacked against them. I don't know many teams that can beat Australia with Gillespie bowling needing 7 off the last over.

nickypoo said:

Giles is injured and he needed to save Harmison, Gough and Flintoff's overs especially as the Aussies were going after Lewis.
It's not too difficult a pitch to bat on and we'd have looked pretty dumb if we'd bowled out our main bowlers but there were still 15 overs to go.

Not a big total-252.

41/1 now off 8 overs

Strauss played on now...second one for McGrath

barmyarmy said:
Giles is injured and he needed to save Harmison, Gough and Flintoff's overs especially as the Aussies were going after Lewis.
It's not too difficult a pitch to bat on and we'd have looked pretty dumb if we'd bowled out our main bowlers but there were still 15 overs to go.
i was more critcising the fact the two bowlers were too similar, if they had put say collingwood or trescothick on that would have been better. I know they did put collingwood on but not at the right time. I still think they should have put freddie or harmison at the other end to try and kill the game off and it would be less necessary to save them.

Last edited:
Collingwood bowled of another inside edge, quite unlucky.

Stupid FoxSports-can't watch the match now due to the Fifa Confederation Cup 2005...

Users who are viewing this thread