NBA 2k11 "best sports game of this generation"

You will get used to it. I have played NBA Live since I was a kid but there isn't one this year so I bought 2k.

Well that was ████, just played in the all star game and all I got 2 minutes at the end of the second quarter :mad

The rookie game was pretty cool though..
My rookie game on X360 was pretty dumb. I was starting PG but all I played was 4 minutes of the first quarter (5 minute quarters). Somehow the rest of the team managed to score 60 more points in the remaining three quarters (we only had 7 in the first).

Compared to my PC MP, where I had something like 60 points in the Rookie-Sophomore game!

Still running with the Bobcats. We're bottom of the conference but we've eliminated one of our problems with a trade and have started to get some W's.

Stephen Jackson was traded to Boston in exchange for Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson!! I was pretty happy with that as Jackson thought he was a beast from 3pt range when he missed nearly everything!!

Still absolutely loving this game, haven't played Fifa 11 in at least a month, barely play Black Ops or Killzone 2, wondering what will happen when I buy Killzone 3 next month!

Wow thats a pretty crazy trade. I'm on the Blazers and we managed to get Turkoglu and David Lee.

Yeah its mental! But i'm glad because Jackson was bringing the team down.

Recently had my best game, Scored 41 Points, 14 Rebounds, 2 Blocks, 1 Steal and 6 Assists!

From where on the 3-point circle I should take my 3-point shoot so that it's probable to get the basket? I'm struggling currently getting it right.

^ Get three point skill to at least 85, shoot off dribble to 90 and offence awareness to 80.

I got the update on PS3 and this game has become tough for me now. I am now playing 6'6" SG (All Around). Was picked by Heat but they never gave me importance even though I was second highest scorer. Asked for trade to Clippers, Mavs or Lakers and they throw me with Suns :mad:

Now after update I cannot even hit open shots. And 3D strains your eyes :p

^ Get three point skill to at least 85, shoot off dribble to 90 and offence awareness to 80.
You don't need your three-point skill to be that high. Mine's in the 60s, for example, and I'm about a 38% three-point shooter. You just got to make sure you take open looks and have perfect releases. My shoot off dribble and shoot in traffic are maxed out, though.

Now after update I cannot even hit open shots. And 3D strains your eyes :p
The 3D is okay. I suspect it would be better with a real 3DTV. I have a standard HDTV and played it with red-cyan glasses. The effect was cool but the colors available were severely diminished as well as causing a headache.

3D version is ok.

Anyone updated to 1.3 yet? I usually wait for a week before updating to see if it bricks console. :p

----------

I use Lebron James shooting style and shoot off dribble and offence awareness are key to shooting well. Saw it in a training video.

Now that I am settled starter the Suns have started to win but my players gets injure every second game :mad I dont want to spend points on durability just yet.

Three questions :

1. Is the patch really worth downloading? I know we can't play online until we upgrade to that patch, but I won't mind not playing online since I'm only going to concentrate on seasons and my player in the coming future. Does the patch improve the gameplay (tell from your experience)?

2. How can I steal the ball off Steve Nash? I know he is great ball handler in RL but there must be a way...

I'm playing on the pro level on my PC btw.

3. Is it possible to store videos on your PC without using X-fire or Fraps? Without having online enable, that is.

Last edited:
I would download the patch. It makes passing a bit easier, for sure. Also it makes rebounding a lot better.

As for videos, I thought there was a way to save replays. I haven't tried it out, though.

We can save replays using F2, I know that. But how can we run them out of game?

upload them to 2kshare. Can't remember exactly how to do it though.

Any solutions to the crashes in My Player mode?

Users who are viewing this thread