New Brian Lara Cricket is in Development !!!

fk915

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hay guys ...

while browsing on the internet, I found a new codemaster Cricket game is in development ... the game will be for sure on 360 and PS3 ... An Aussie studio is working on the game ... details can be found in this interview

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6183230.html

" We're due to finish Heroes Over Europe in September next year. At the moment we have three development teams. One is obviously Heroes and where we take that [franchise]. Another is working on Sin City, and our third team is working on Brian Lara International Cricket--which is Ricky Ponting International Cricket here in Australia--for consoles. We had a very good relationship with Codemasters, and Red Mile has allowed us to continue that relationship."

I dont know if this game will suck like BLIC 2007, I will check the demo before wasting my money on it !!! :onpc

manee

Chairman of Selectors
GS AU: So with Brian Lara, are you building everything from scratch?

MF: Yes. We had a lot of input obviously from Codemasters because it's been a very successful franchise for them. But essentially we're building everything from scratch because we have to make the transition to next-gen with PS3 and 360 versions. Fortunately, we've got a decent budget and a decent time frame, which unfortunately we didn't have in the AFL days, where we were always pushed for time and budget and it was always a niche title for one market. The good thing about cricket is that it does very well in certain territories.

Nice time frame, good budget and being made by an Australian based subsidiary, looks promising.

fk915

Club Cricketer
The interview tells one more thing that they sign the deal for four games in next four years ... that means the first one is coming in 2008 .... that will be interested coz then EA will want to compete and want to release their own game right when codemaster release Brian Lara !!!

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
It'll be a better game than TAOC probably. I reckon they will change it's name for us Europeans; Can't see them having it endorsed by Lara when he's retired. Maybe they'll go for someone like Pietersen this time around.

rabeta

News Team Member
Yeah does look promising, but I'm not getting overexcited, seen it all before. Good to know that they will be building most of it from scracth though and that they are not rushing it hopefully.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
I think it will be really really good! and with Peter Moore competing as hes looking to bring it to his EA INDIA this is getting better by the years:D

usy

Chairman of Selectors
It'll be a better game than TAOC probably. I reckon they will change it's name for us Europeans; Can't see them having it endorsed by Lara when he's retired. Maybe they'll go for someone like Pietersen this time around.

i have to agree, maybe this time they will kill EA?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
As long as they mention the phrase "Total rework of the batting" I might take a look at it. If the phrase "Builds on an already great batting system" is used, I wont even bother looking at a demo.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
As long as they mention the phrase "Total rework of the batting" I might take a look at it. If the phrase "Builds on an already great batting system" is used, I wont even bother looking at a demo.

I'm pretty sure the former will apply if they are making it from scratch.

tassietiger

International Cricketer
I think it has a great batting system. Nothing worse than the EA system where there is no way you can pick a gap between two fieldsmen as you only have about three directions you can hit the ball in. Just needs to be harder to do it every ball.

Users who are viewing this thread