New Brian Lara Cricket is in Development !!!

Maximum

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
yeah I noticed that but my point was unless they did a non-licensed version of the IPL it would require them acquiring another license to include it. Don't they just own the World Cup license like EA only own the Ashes license because have Aus, Eng, Nzl and Saf licensed?

International Coach
it would be nice if they do get the licences...would save the patch team a lot of time.....but ipl is a big part of the cricket calender now,so i hope its in the game.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Personally, Im not a big advocate of adding the IPL to the game - whether it is part of international cricket now or not. Mostly because i hate how arcadey BLC has been over the last 2 releases and the IPL inclusion would just underline that exact gameplay. It would pretty much just become another version of the slog mode with people batting at 20 rpo....it gets boring and theres very little substance in it. All i want is for the new developers to make a realistic game of cricket with a truckload of stats that keep REAL cricket fans interested.

I dont care about the silly graphics or IPL or "how many 6's can you hit in a row" versions of the game....I want the next game to appeal to cricket dorks like myself who care more about player form and statistics and the nitty gritty, rather than the shiny bits. We've had that all these years, weve had the pretty book covers, now we need some substance to go with it and consequently we need the developers to be keen on cricket and super stat dorks....we need some of those HOWSTAT guys in volved i think! Thats the kinda stuff I want to see in the game....there were hints of it in BLC07 which made me hopeful. Random onscreen displays of what the current partnership is or last time a boundary was hit - now we need to get more in depth! If you're playing a series and Dale Steyn's dismissed Vaughn like 4 innings in a row, bring it up on screen! Make the game freekin interactive, give it some longevity and personality! We need a game that caters for REAL cricket fans who dont want cheap thrills....people who actually follow an entire 5day test, people from the old school like myself.

The thrill seekers have had their time with their superficial gameplay and now its time to make a proper game...

Last edited:

duggan

School Cricketer
There is a 1 week old article on gamespot about transmission games and it says they will shortly announce a game which will come late 2008. Hope its RPIC 2009:upray

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Personally, Im not a big advocate of adding the IPL to the game - whether it is part of international cricket now or not. Mostly because i hate how arcadey BLC has been over the last 2 releases and the IPL inclusion would just underline that exact gameplay. It would pretty much just become another version of the slog mode with people batting at 20 rpo....it gets boring and theres very little substance in it. All i want is for the new developers to make a realistic game of cricket with a truckload of stats that keep REAL cricket fans interested.

I dont care about the silly graphics or IPL or "how many 6's can you hit in a row" versions of the game....I want the next game to appeal to cricket dorks like myself who care more about player form and statistics and the nitty gritty, rather than the shiny bits. We've had that all these years, weve had the pretty book covers, now we need some substance to go with it and consequently we need the developers to be keen on cricket and super stat dorks....we need some of those HOWSTAT guys in volved i think! Thats the kinda stuff I want to see in the game....there were hints of it in BLC07 which made me hopeful. Random onscreen displays of what the current partnership is or last time a boundary was hit - now we need to get more in depth! If you're playing a series and Dale Steyn's dismissed Vaughn like 4 innings in a row, bring it up on screen! Make the game freekin interactive, give it some longevity and personality! We need a game that caters for REAL cricket fans who dont want cheap thrills....people who actually follow an entire 5day test, people from the old school like myself.

The thrill seekers have had their time with their superficial gameplay and now its time to make a proper game...

I full agree with you on that.
Its time for some realism to come into these games.

fk915

Club Cricketer
Looks like its the same game Transmission Game mentioned in an interview a year ago. It was in making for PS3 & Xbox 360 and it seems its getting polished for ASHES release !!

fk915

Club Cricketer
while browsing on the internet I found this intresting article about Transmission games (The company that is secretly creating next Cricket game for Codemasters). At this stage the game is not officially announced as you can read the article ... the writer didnt mention the name of the game ... but this is the upcoming cricket title he is talking about... here is the link

http://www.australiangamer.com/studio_tour/496_a_visit_to_transmission_games.html

"Upcoming next-gen sports title

That said, at this early stage in the game there wasn't much gameplay to actually show, so it was mostly about the graphics and realism trying to be achieved. I'm fairly confident that these guys have some sort of disorder to make them this obsessed with this particular game. The characters and animations are definitely next gen - you can definitely make out who is who on the Australian team.

In an interesting twist of fate, Transmission contracted the digital creation of the Indian team faces to - you guessed it - an outsourcing company in India.

There is some meticulous detail going into the stadium design as well, with one of the guys pointing out he had already gone through 4 or 5 iterations of the one in particular."

Users who are viewing this thread