New Brian Lara Cricket is in Development !!!

Maximum

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
4 titles in 4 years from a new company? You would have to start getting excited in the 2nd or 3rd years...
I just want a next-gen version that looks and plays next-gen and not a port of a PC game!

With regards to a release date? Given they're aussies I reckon you'll be looking at winter as they're most likely researching their summer of cricket.

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
A word of caution: a four year, four title deal does not necessarily mean 4 Brian Lara games in four years. It could be Brian Lara and 3 others. You never know. The wording is ambiguous at best.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Apparently the marketing team at Codemasters are going with this..
"the most expensive frisbee coming to a store near you....
Disclaimer: in built cricket game included"

daspand

School Cricketer
Yours will take them all. :cool:

Seriously hope Codies do make the game playable on US Xbox systems. My computer could barely run the BLIC 07 Demo so anything more advanced than that and I wouldn't be able to buy it anyway.

Well thatz too bad for u. Just cuz ur computer is a pile of junk doesn't mean that they make games that are less graphic extensive ( the only way a game can run easily) . Besides if u wanna play games on pc than get a gaming pc ( pc games are for gamer pcs not just some random junk piles). Advice : BUY A GRAPHIC CARD !!! REALLY VALUABLE !.

BTW to those who hate blic 07- BLIC 07 rox !, yea it has itz own share of bugs and flaws but it gets tough at times to score runs and/or get wickets.
Nuthin like a 20 over short match in BLIC 07. If u dont like the AI than play with other players . They really should have tournaments for blic. People seem to find it really easy. But it gets real tough when playing against others.

oh yea and dont take it seriously nightprowler10; just venting my anger at all ppl that arent able to play games on their crappy pcs but blame the developers for it. Remember games on pcs are for gaming pcs !!! not for just some random home computers.

kirthan

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
well i dont think we should put a game down even before its realeased. i know that all the games except the original have disappointed. but maybe, just maybe a codemasters guy has come across the number of complaints people have regarding the gameplay and realism and they set out to rectify it in their next edition. so im keeping my fingers crossed.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
well i dont think we should put a game down even before its realeased. i know that all the games except the original have disappointed. but maybe, just maybe a codemasters guy has come across the number of complaints people have regarding the gameplay and realism and they set out to rectify it in their next edition. so im keeping my fingers crossed.

I doubt it. The standard of Codemasters recent games, not just the BLIC series, has been rubbish. They don't produce anything that even attempts to be a realistic representation anymore, they produce arcade tripe with no learning curve that will sell to the casual gamer. Money talks, unfortunately.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Stevie makes total sense here (for once!) and it's a real shame because it wasn't that long ago when I used to look with admiration at Codemasters because they'd bring out brilliant games such as the earlier LMA managers and the awesome Toca series which to this day remains the only driving simulation i've ever been engrossed by.

Benno

Club Cricketer
Hopefully Codemasters and EA Sports will actually read their game reviews of previous attempts and hopefully bring out a half decent game.
From what I've read, there has been no promise of a BLIC game this year.
Why would they call it Brian Lara International Cricket anyway? He's retired!
In Australia it will most likely still be tagged with the Ricky Ponting title.
So the battle is still on...is The Art of Cricket going to kick butt over EA Sports or Codemasters? My guess is YES of course!!!

Kool_Me

School Cricketer
I hope the next game by codemasters is good enough to last longer.

Highlander999

ICC President
Stevie makes total sense here (for once!) and it's a real shame because it wasn't that long ago when I used to look with admiration at Codemasters because they'd bring out brilliant games such as the earlier LMA managers and the awesome Toca series which to this day remains the only driving simulation i've ever been engrossed by.

I've still got TOCA 2 installed on my comp :p

fk915

Club Cricketer
I think Codemaster is looking to ICC to renew their license ... once they find out they should post a press release ....

Benno

Club Cricketer
Codies isn't going to be making any more cricket games. They have passed on the licensing to Red Mile Entertainment. Codies can't be bothered now trying to get the licensing done through the ICC. Its too hard for them and would be damn expensive. It won't be called Brian Lara International Cricket either. In Australia it will still be Ricky Ponting or maybe Shaun Marsh International Cricket? In England it might be Kevin Pieterson International Cricket. Who knows what's going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread