New details on Cricket 2005...

Yeah, IF those features are implemented properly an IF there is good Ai then it should be a great game. Has BLIC got 20-20 with free hit rules?

Ste said:
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cricket_terminology

Free hit
"a penalty given in some forms of cricket when a bowler bowls a no-ball. The bowler must bowl another delivery, and the batsman cannot be out off that delivery (except by being run out)."

Thanks. I knew that information, but i never knew it was called the "free hit rule." The batsman can also take runs of a no-ball deleviry right?

Like the sound of the form etc, but I'm sure it'll be like Fifa 05 where it's a mark out of 10 and doesn't particularly matter.

This has stuck its nose in front of BLC so I will probably buy 2005. Depending on the demo of course.

End of innings Highlights playback : allows you to review dismissals once the innings is completed.

I've always wanted this feature in a cricket game. At last someone has done it.

Pat said:
Some people here are and will always be just too biased !!I mean give them a chance mate..So whats wrong if they will be releasing a demo after the actual release ? Dont buy the game,wait for the demo,play it and if you like it then buy it ..Doesnt sound bad,does it ??

Well, the game may turn out to be very good, iam not saying that it HAS to be bad or it WILL surely turn out bad, iam just saying, think for yourself why would they release a demo after the full product is launched? a demo should be there before the full product so that people actually see whether they want to buy it or not instead of making a huge mistake of buying it out of simple impatience and then not being completely satisfied with it.

holmie said:
but no new commentary
There is new commentary, but not completely new. If it ain't broke, why fix it?
jk16_4 said:
BLIC does not have real player names.c'mon guys what could be more worse?
Really bad AI and loads of bugs, like Colin said. BLIC DOES have real names for ICC Events.

I can't wait to play Twenty20 in Cricket 2005! :cool:

Lee

BLIC has twenty20 too I'm pretty sure and double wicket cricket. Besides assuming EA are using the same 20 over pacing files as from c2k2 and c2k4 it'll be a complete waste of time.

We are raving about the free hit rule but hey the CPU never really bowls a no ball(overstepping).So it would be us who would be suffering .But its a nice innovation.

Also wondering bout 13 tourneys .Can someone elaborate on what toueneys will these be ???

ronny_kingsley said:
We are raving about the free hit rule but hey the CPU never really bowls a no ball(overstepping).So it would be us who would be suffering .But its a nice innovation.

Also wondering bout 13 tourneys .Can someone elaborate on what toueneys will these be ???
The CPU does overstep (thanks to SAM).

Also BLIC does not have Twenty20 as EA got the license for it. What BLIC have is the option of choosing the number of overs for a game. But I doubt it will have the free hit rule.

Users who are viewing this thread