New Patch now available for PC, PS4 (1.07) & Xbox One (1.0.0.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who think its great to have random seam swing movement.

I agree it's a great idea. I just think the way it is now the ball moves too much to the point where it looks a little silly.

I'll try messing with sliders when I get the chance.

I understand the knock on effects of changing one aspect, but isn't this the exact point of testing? This is the issue for setting a deadline for a patch. I have never come across another game that has done that.
So play other games. It was not an issue regarding the date of release but rather the effect it had when implemented. Pitch wear has been mentioned in the beta a million times. BA are well aware. The focus was primarily stability and game play. These two caused issues that were fixed and fixed and refixed.

Just played and missed the ball. 1st Slip caught it. Ran me out. I guess i've joined that club now

I understand the knock on effects of changing one aspect, but isn't this the exact point of testing? This is the issue for setting a deadline for a patch. I have never come across another game that has done that.

All I can say to that is not everything was going to be fixed and tweaked. Right up until the final weekend we were tweaking and sorting stuff.

Every build brought its own little issues.

So, if these issues weren't experienced in beta, you're suggesting that they somehow magically bled into the released patch? That's very poor on the dev's side.

I’d be suggesting that testing anything amongst 6-7 people is extremely different to a public stress test.

So play other games. It was not an issue regarding the date of release but rather the effect it had when implemented. Pitch wear has been mentioned in the beta a million times. BA are well aware. The focus was primarily stability and game play. These two caused issues that were fixed and fixed and refixed.
If the ball doesn't swing, the patch is not ready to be released. The deadline did affect it.

So does the pitch become perfect again when you save and reload or is it just visual?

I must say its a weird game without swing.

I am confused tell me the ball swings randomly (amount and direction) or it doesn't swing at all and behave like a cutter?

Swing is where the ball moves in the air. That does not happen. Even when AI bowl at me. Starc has just bowled over the wicket to Root, it pitched outside leg and was taken by 1st slip. This isn't seam movement, the ball is behaving like cutters used to. Seam movement should be random, but move 10% of what is currently is

Swing is where the ball moves in the air. That does not happen. Even when AI bowl at me. Starc has just bowled over the wicket to Root, it pitched outside leg and was taken by 1st slip. This isn't seam movement, the ball is behaving like cutters used to. Seam movement should be random, but move 10% of what is currently is
So there is no swing in the air like prepatch version and its been replaced by cutter like movement? If so then its not gud :(

What happen if you notch up the swing slider to 100% does this still behave like a cutter and no movement in air?

Yeah just pushed swing up to 100 percent and nothing in the way of swing even on a green pitch with overcast clouds.

The patch man giveth, the patch man taketh away :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread